Who writes GCSE Exams !!

film

What do you think of the exam  

18 members have voted

1. 1.

• Who writes this stuff
    • It Seems fine to me
    • You got some right but.. you did asnwer some wrong

OMG .. well i had a mock IT exam last week, and today got my results back.

I got a C+ but as it was a mock we got our papers back to check where we did bad. <Angry>As the class where going through the papers i noticed a lot of the questions marked wrong where actuly right. Examples of this our:

Name two O/S. I said Windows and Linux but i only got Windows and not Linux i was like Miss why have i got this wrong and its because its not in the answer book, but the answers where MS-DOS, Win 95,98,2000,XP. Another qustion was about data protection laws and it said out of the 8 laws what does the data user have to do. I got the first one right (cant remember what i said) but the second one i got wrong which i put have to keep it 6 months in date. Then another qustion was what do the data subjects have rights to (once again i forgot what i put for the first one but i got it right) and the second one i put was you can ask for your information to be changed which got marked down as wrong. Then to finish it off it said how can you stop someone reading your files on your computer(somthing like that), (This time it was multiply choice). Once again i got the frist one right which i said you can password your pc. But for the second one i put have anti-virus as the rest to choose where stupid. I said anti-virus as you could send them some kind of keylogger or some type to access there files (i know keyloggers you cant access there files but still printscreen ever couple seconds) BUT NO !! the answer is ............. are you ready for this ... i hope they teach you this when you do your degree ! Well its ... Lock your bedroom door . WTF ... !! When i read that i thought they where joking oh well oviously not. </Angry>

Ps. sorry for the essay just want to know what you think about it ?

Lock you're bedroom door... (my responses)

They must have seen the switchblade hak5 clip

I locked my bedroom door but they still haxored the computer in the living room.

Yes, because it will take less time to bump key the door then crack my truecrypt password.

But I was naughty and my dad took away my bedroom door.

I locked the door but they came in through the window.

The door was locked but somehow wireless works through doors.

I'm sure I'll think of some more later.

Lock you're bedroom door... (my responses)

They must have seen the switchblade hak5 clip

I locked my bedroom door but they still haxored the computer in the living room.

Yes, because it will take less time to bump key the door then crack my truecrypt password.

But I was naughty and my dad took away my bedroom door.

I locked the door but they came in through the window.

The door was locked but somehow wireless works through doors.

I'm sure I'll think of some more later.

HAHA

well yeah they down anyting linux and mac , its stupid , same happens on our exams (had the question 3 years in a row , name 3 or 5 operating system , but they have to b shit from the text book .... and wot does the text book say ?? windows XP , windows nt , windows 98 , windows 95

on school you only learn about office not a word about open office or any opensource / free alternatives etc .....

i still think its a conspiracy .... and m$ pays big bucks so kids only get spoonfed ignorance and m$ propaganda ....

so all kids kno is operating system=windows , internet=websites=internet explorer ,etc ....

Conspiracy is a but much but they have the money to create the text so they can leave out anything they want...

More Responses

But we never learned how to lock our doors in this Computer Security class.

How does this help you prepare for the guy who's just kicked in your bedroom door and is now taking a pair of pilers to your toes in an effort to extract the password?

I'll give the damn over theres nothing that I need to keep safe you have have the 20$ in my bank account they'll replace it for me once I confirm it was stolen.

and thats if I can't kick the guys ass I teach martial arts he'd better make sure the first hit counts.

I never had any test like this in school. When I got my first job though, they sent me out to this place for a "computer basics, Java and Oracle" course that was to take 6 weeks.

Well, the unwashed masses may need 6 weeks for that, but by that time I was upgrading my computers blindfolded, had tought myself Java and was pretty much up to speed on where Oracle was. But it was the first thing my new employer wanted me to do, so I didn't object. Long story short: I was done with the entire course in 2 weeks, primarily because I was forced to take each and every test, look through each boring instructional video, and read each boring little leaflet they printed.

By far the most telling question of the tests:

- What was the color of the yellow cable?

In response, I wrote a scathing review of the course I took and sent it to my manager. Turns out I was the first person ever to take that course there. Interestingly enough, I was also the last... Hrmmm.

Do you get less marks for over answering a question?

I would have been tempted to write this lot for the operating ystem question:

Windows NT, Windows 98, Linux, BSD, MAC OS, Solaris, Minix, Unix, PC-DOS, MS-DOS.

Note: Windows 95/98/ME and NT/2000/XP are two different operating systems, Windows 2000 and XP are actually a different versions of windows NT and so are not different operating systems.

By that logic, PC-DOS, MS-DOS (and FreeDOS) are the same thing too.

Why aren't AIX, VMS, True64, Ultrix and HP-UX in there? (yeah, yeah, I'm sure there's tons more)

haha, I havent even started GCSE courses, I don't have to do GCSE's for another two and a half years :)

ATM I'm taking internal school exams (I really suck at French like O.o)

I have to chose which courses I want to do this Feb

yes I'm suprisingly young .. (DOB 01/10/92)

yeah well you'll all be old and ill be middle aged and rule your asses :) :P

Hell no... you'll be slaving away at a job you hate to pay for our pensions while we get to sit around in wheel chairs smoking dope and flirting with the nurses.

Funny my room looks like a nuke hit it as well... computers, video cards, and other boards with chips on them everywhere.... :shock: I wonder how many Hackers have their rooms clean...hmmm a new poll?

Same hear but i have a studio, with piles of art suplies,and books- Sadly I realy have no exsucuse.