GNU Radio Companion - Not Just For SDR

Loved the video of decoding FM radio.  But I can also see the tool being used for more than just with a SDR radio.   What it does it taking audio and processing it.   So someone could make a nice audio mixer with all sorts of filters.   I'm a ham operator and enjoy digital modes.  My radio does the conversion for like FM.  But it would be nice to use the companion to add additional audio filtering.   Maybe even play with decoding some of the digital modes.   I know there is already software to do a lot of that.  But just making mention that you don't have to use a SDR to do that.    I do have a RTL/SDR dongle so it gives me a reason to get it out and play around with it some more. 

Thanks

Michael

By any chance have you seen Mike Ossmanns video series on SDR? He goes into detail about using source signal blocks and what a FFT or Scope Sink dose when you manipulate sample rates and frequencys. But yah it's cool you can use GNU radio for other things besides SDR. I use it when I need to troubleshoot generated signals and see what they are doing before transmitting them. GNU radio can definitely be used as a virtual radio lab. 

https://greatscottgadgets.com/sdr/