Aircrack handshake issues

Rainman_34

So I was messing with Kali and reviewing everything again making sure it all works before my upcoming business trip and airodump is having issues. I start with ifconfig to bring down the wireless card change the mac then use iwconfig to put it in monitor mode and ifconfig to bring it back up. I then ran airodump against my router and aireplay to de-auth another computer. No matter how many deauth attempts I send though I dont get a handshake but I watch the other computer lose connection and then connect back but no handshake. I know this works on my router as I have done it before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Are you sniffing on the right channel? Have you tried running wireshark and watching for EAPOL packets to see what happens during the deauth/auth?

And why do you need to know how to get handshakes for a business trip?

I do not need to know I was testing various tools prior and found that one not working right. I am definitely on the right channel. I dis not rin wireshark as my daughter was watching netflix so there would be a lot of traffic. I will set up a seperate router with only two computers and run witeshark to see what I get