Mark V

M4sterSl4ve

Hello friends, Recently i bought a Pineapple Mark V, i just have the time to test it out and i have my first problem, The Pineapple Mark V lights constantly flashing for 5 minutes, after that my pineapple has only 1 light turned on (greenlight) And i don't really know what to do because i cant even access the menu since my computer dont recognize my pineapple because its like off..

I would say start here:

http://wiki.wifipineapple.com/legacy/#!index.md

Next I would say 

8 hours ago, M4sterSl4ve said:

i cant even access the menu since my computer dont recognize my pineapple because its like off..

doesn't make much sense.  But I'm assuming you are here to learn and figure stuff out, so that's ok.

1. How are you connecting to the pineapple mkV?

2. There is no menu: there is a web interface and ssh access (and serial but hopefully you won't have to get into that)

3. Just for some added information to get you started, what are you looking to do with the mkV once you get connected?

It sounds like maybe wlan1 is off so you can't connect wirelessly and need to connect by ethernet. If you are still trying to connect by ethernet and still have the issue I would then put dip switch 2 and 3 in the down position and power it on.  Let it run for about 5 minutes until all of the lights are flashing in a pattern.  Then power it off put the switches back up so all of them are in the up position and power it on again.

13 hours ago, mojo0243 said:

It sounds like maybe wlan1 is off so you can't connect wirelessly and need to connect by ethernet. If you are still trying to connect by ethernet and still have the issue I would then put dip switch 2 and 3 in the down position and power it on.  Let it run for about 5 minutes until all of the lights are flashing in a pattern.  Then power it off put the switches back up so all of them are in the up position and power it on again.

Hello, thanks for the reply, i did that and nothing happened..

14 hours ago, bored369 said:

I would say start here:

http://wiki.wifipineapple.com/legacy/#!index.md

Next I would say 

doesn't make much sense.  But I'm assuming you are here to learn and figure stuff out, so that's ok.

1. How are you connecting to the pineapple mkV?

2. There is no menu: there is a web interface and ssh access (and serial but hopefully you won't have to get into that)

3. Just for some added information to get you started, what are you looking to do with the mkV once you get connected?

Hi, thanks for the reply, im trying to connect to my laptop, via Ethernet, I think the SD card is empty so it has no firmware, can that be a problem? i did unbrick the device but nothing happened, i cant log in using WINSCP since the device keep restarting it self..

32 minutes ago, M4sterSl4ve said:

Hi, thanks for the reply, im trying to connect to my laptop, via Ethernet, I think the SD card is empty so it has no firmware, can that be a problem? i did unbrick the device but nothing happened, i cant log in using WINSCP since the device keep restarting it self..

NP and now we're getting somewhere.

If the device is restarting how are you powering it?  If you are using the USB->barrel cord, make sure you are using a 5v and at least 2amp output battery or usb wall plug for it.  If you are using a generic wall dc apdapter i believe you want the same, but I'm not positive about that I never used one of those with mine so i'm not sure.

If the light is staying on and you just can't connect to it, I would try the steps on http://wiki.wifipineapple.com/legacy/#!firmware.md#Unbricking_a_bricked_WiFi_Pineapple_MKV
For the Unbricking Method, for that you won't need anything on the SD card but you would want one in there from what it says on the steps.

How did you come by this Mark V? mainly meaning do you have any reason to believe it is broken or might be malfunctioning in anyway?  You may get more out of the serial port connection as to what is going on but I don't know much about doing that on the mkV.  So someone else may need to chime in to assist if that is the route you end up having to go.

But power would be my first thing to verify, then i would try the unbricking.  Report back and we'll go more from there with what you find.

27 minutes ago, bored369 said:

NP and now we're getting somewhere.

If the device is restarting how are you powering it?  If you are using the USB->barrel cord, make sure you are using a 5v and at least 2amp output battery or usb wall plug for it.  If you are using a generic wall dc apdapter i believe you want the same, but I'm not positive about that I never used one of those with mine so i'm not sure.

If the light is staying on and you just can't connect to it, I would try the steps on http://wiki.wifipineapple.com/legacy/#!firmware.md#Unbricking_a_bricked_WiFi_Pineapple_MKV
For the Unbricking Method, for that you won't need anything on the SD card but you would want one in there from what it says on the steps.

How did you come by this Mark V? mainly meaning do you have any reason to believe it is broken or might be malfunctioning in anyway?  You may get more out of the serial port connection as to what is going on but I don't know much about doing that on the mkV.  So someone else may need to chime in to assist if that is the route you end up having to go.

But power would be my first thing to verify, then i would try the unbricking.  Report back and we'll go more from there with what you find.

I unbricked the device 2 times and it was successful. im powering the device using a generic wall adapter. My friend bought this MK5 and he gave to me because it was not working.. so now im testing it and trying to figure out what is happening with this because this is really weird.. lol

29 minutes ago, M4sterSl4ve said:

I unbricked the device 2 times and it was successful. im powering the device using a generic wall adapter. My friend bought this MK5 and he gave to me because it was not working.. so now im testing it and trying to figure out what is happening with this because this is really weird.. lol

k k, cool.

what's the voltage and amps on that wall adapter?

So you are able to go through the unbricking and have it successful.  I'm assuming that is where it's saying it's successful before you reboot?  Then on reboot you get what you described in the first post?  

If those are both yes, then I believe you should be fine and should be able to connect to the standard web interface of 172.16.42.1:1471 assuming you have your ethernet port on your computer set to a static ip of 172.16.42.x (i would recommend 172.16.42.42 it'll make it easier for internet connection sharing later).
Have you been able to connect to it at all on the 172.16.42.1 yet?  Like walk through the initial setup process that it starts you out with and then it fails or can't get to that at all?

Unfortunantly I don't have my mkV anymore so I can't follow along and tell you for sure that's the lights you should be seeing but IIRC it flashes lights on boot and then settles to a solid single light until you get in and setup up some stuff that would be using the other wlans and such.  But I'm not positive about that.  

Otherwise you could get some more information about the boot up process and what's going on using the UART serial connection which it looks like is documented here:
http://wiki.wifipineapple.com/legacy/#!serial_uart.md
You would need a Serial TTL cable/usb adapter like they have on the hakShop here:
https://hakshop.myshopify.com/collections/accessory/products/serial-ttl-cable

3 minutes ago, bored369 said:

k k, cool.

what's the voltage and amps on that wall adapter?

So you are able to go through the unbricking and have it successful.  I'm assuming that is where it's saying it's successful before you reboot?  Then on reboot you get what you described in the first post?  

If those are both yes, then I believe you should be fine and should be able to connect to the standard web interface of 172.16.42.1:1471 assuming you have your ethernet port on your computer set to a static ip of 172.16.42.x (i would recommend 172.16.42.42 it'll make it easier for internet connection sharing later).
Have you been able to connect to it at all on the 172.16.42.1 yet?  Like walk through the initial setup process that it starts you out with and then it fails or can't get to that at all?

Unfortunantly I don't have my mkV anymore so I can't follow along and tell you for sure that's the lights you should be seeing but IIRC it flashes lights on boot and then settles to a solid single light until you get in and setup up some stuff that would be using the other wlans and such.  But I'm not positive about that.  

Otherwise you could get some more information about the boot up process and what's going on using the UART serial connection which it looks like is documented here:
http://wiki.wifipineapple.com/legacy/#!serial_uart.md
You would need a Serial TTL cable/usb adapter like they have on the hakShop here:
https://hakshop.myshopify.com/collections/accessory/products/serial-ttl-cable

Cant get to that at all, I made a short video for what's happening with my MKV. https://youtu.be/U6j0EPqu_mc

4 minutes ago, bored369 said:

Hmmm, that does not look correct you are right it may be rebooting over and over again.  The serial port UART stuff you'd be able to find out more about it and what's going on.

okay, the only way to maintain the MKV on, is putting it on update mode.. If i put the device on Update mode it don't reboot it self, but there is no way i can update it because i cant even access interface or with WINSCP..