Is there a tool to reset default windows xp services?

ChevronX

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a tool to reset default windows xp services? To like automatic etc again.

I was just wondering if it were possible, it would save alot of time, then from going through each one trying to restore them all.

what's wrong with the default service manager of Windows?

Is there a tool to reset default windows xp services? To like automatic etc again.

I was just wondering if it were possible, it would save alot of time, then from going through each one trying to restore them all.

It makes you go through each one trying to restore them all?

It makes you go through each one trying to restore them all?

how many services you need to disable? you probably need 90% of those services up running to have windows stable and functioning...

dude... honestly, how many services you need to disable? you probably need 90% of those services up running to have windows stable and functioning...

nah... there only enabled because microsoft wants it to be as 'help full' as possible. I tend to disable allot of them, infect I have an old screen shot of what services I have enabled...

There is it:

services.jpg

My mind hasn't changed much about any thing on that list since I last used windows. The only comments I have to make about it are that:

1. I must have been running Vmware when I took the shot (hence the VMware NAT service).

2. You only need the nVidia display driver running initially for 3D acceleration to work, after it's finished 'doing it's work' you can kill it.

3. The themes service is only needed if you want the better looking window borders.

4. You only need the print spooler service if you actually want to print some thing, it doesn't need to be running unless you want to use a printer.