Jump to content

MANA Attack, for the Pineapple.


Recommended Posts

Does this look familiar to anyone? Been trying a while to fix this :(

Installing asleap (2.2-1) to sd...
Not downgrading package hostapd-mana on sd from 2016-11-05 to 2.6-1.
Configuring asleap.
grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/asleap.control: No such file or directory
cat: can't open '/usr/lib/opkg/info/asleap.list': No such file or directory
bash: line 39: /etc/init.d/stunnel: No such file or directory
Installation completed!
Launch MANA by typing: 'launch-mana' in the terminal.
 

Typing launch-mana doesnt work, installing the dependecies manually as suggested above gives the same results. Any suggestions anyone?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MANA-Toolkit! Pineapple NANO + TETRA. (IPK installation-files, and source-files ready to compile with OpenWRT-SDK) MANA Toolkit includes a working version of SSLstrip2+dns2proxy for the Pineapples.

Sorry for not answering SBB's question. I didn't notice that someone had posted until RazerBlade did. I'll try to explain what's going on with those errors that you're getting. It is obviously re

This is under development. So the only thing the startup-script will do at the moment is to behave as a normal AP would on wlan1, (with the mana patches) It will try to fool clients that are probing

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Bsannie said:

Does this look familiar to anyone? Been trying a while to fix this :(

Installing asleap (2.2-1) to sd...
Not downgrading package hostapd-mana on sd from 2016-11-05 to 2.6-1.
Configuring asleap.
grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/asleap.control: No such file or directory
cat: can't open '/usr/lib/opkg/info/asleap.list': No such file or directory
bash: line 39: /etc/init.d/stunnel: No such file or directory
Installation completed!
Launch MANA by typing: 'launch-mana' in the terminal.
 

Typing launch-mana doesnt work, installing the dependecies manually as suggested above gives the same results. Any suggestions anyone?

opkg remove hostapd-mana
opkg remove asleap

Then you can run the install-script again :)
It's just opkg that gets confused because your old version uses the another version name, and it thinks that it's a downgrade, when it is an upgrade.
Removing the packages first should clear the confusion it's getting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, that got it partially running!! Thanks Zylla! Im so close haha

Device seems to be: ONLINE.
Remember: Press CTRL+C to kill MANA-Toolkit properly.

RTNETLINK answers: File exists
/sd/usr/sbin/launch-mana: line 201: /sd/usr/sbin/hostapd-mana: Input/output error
/sd/usr/sbin/launch-mana: line 119: /sd/usr/sbin/ip: No such file or directory
/sd/usr/sbin/launch-mana: line 126: /sd/usr/sbin/ip: No such file or directory
/sd/usr/sbin/launch-mana: line 138: cd: /sd/usr/share/mana-toolkit/sslstrip-hsts/sslstrip2/: No such file or directory
/sd/usr/sbin/launch-mana: line 141: cd: /sd/usr/share/mana-toolkit/sslstrip-hsts/dns2proxy/: No such file or directory
/sd/usr/sbin/launch-mana: line 143: cd: OLDPWD not set
/sd/usr/sbin/launch-mana: line 147: sslsplit: command not found
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
ImportError: No module named site
ImportError: No module named site
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
ImportError: No module named site
 

Gotta tackle this now ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

@Zylla I have issues running it (both module and terminal) using a plugged in wlan2 interface - always launches wlan1 and overwrites config.

wlan1 is the default interface it launches on, if you don't chose another free interface to use.
What do you mean by "overwrites config"?

Also if you could post a log showing what happens in the terminal when you type: launch-mana it would really help if i'm to help you :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I should have explained what I tried in more detail.

I edited the hostapd-mana.conf in /etc/mana-toolkit/ to use wlan2 and I also tried from the module to edit the .conf. But when you start launch-mana or start on the module interface it starts using wlan1 and edits the .conf back to wlan1.

I can post the log but it just shows wlan1 not wlan2 on the startup.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try to launch this in the terminal: launch-mana wlan2
I've actually been working on the launcher script quite alot today, and i've compiled a new package, but more is coming :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I edited the .conf to use wlan2 and ran the below.

root@TETRA:/etc/mana-toolkit# launch-mana wlan2
Device seems to be: ONLINE.
Remember: Press CTRL+C to kill MANA-Toolkit properly.

RTNETLINK answers: File exists
Configuration file: /etc/mana-toolkit/hostapd-mana.conf
ACS: Automatic channel selection started, this may take a bit
wlan1: interface state UNINITIALIZED->ACS
wlan1: ACS-STARTED 
/usr/share/mana-toolkit/sslstrip-hsts/sslstrip2
 

When I check the .conf its back to wlan1.

Edited by Just_a_User
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

I edited the .conf to use wlan2 and ran the below.

root@TETRA:/etc/mana-toolkit# launch-mana wlan2
Device seems to be: ONLINE.
Remember: Press CTRL+C to kill MANA-Toolkit properly.

RTNETLINK answers: File exists
Configuration file: /etc/mana-toolkit/hostapd-mana.conf
ACS: Automatic channel selection started, this may take a bit
wlan1: interface state UNINITIALIZED->ACS
wlan1: ACS-STARTED 
/usr/share/mana-toolkit/sslstrip-hsts/sslstrip2
 

It could be that this "older version" is getting the interface from /etc/config/ManaToolkit.
I suggest you uninstall it by running opkg remove hostapd-mana
Then download the package i just compiled a few minutes ago from here:
https://github.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-openwrt/raw/master/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/hostapd-mana_2.6-2_ar71xx.ipk

Here's another dev. version, which contains a cool feature i'm testing.
If 'mana_ssid_filter_file' is set in hostapd.conf. hostapd-mana will only respond to probe ssid's that are in the filter file.
(To avoid attacking people you don't want to attack for example if you're scope is limited.)
https://github.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-openwrt/raw/master/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/hostapd-mana_2.6-dev-2_ar71xx.ipk

To install this, use
opkg install --force-overwrite hostapd-mana_2.6-dev-2_ar71xx.ipk
opkg install --dest sd --force-overwrite hostapd-mana_2.6-dev-2_ar71xx.ipk   (if you are using a nano)

Remember to uninstall the old version first ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Zylla said:

It could be that this "older version" is getting the interface from /etc/config/ManaToolkit.
I suggest you uninstall it by running opkg remove hostapd-mana
Then download the package i just compiled a few minutes ago from here:
https://github.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-openwrt/raw/master/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/hostapd-mana_2.6-2_ar71xx.ipk

Here's another dev. version, which contains a cool feature i'm testing.
If 'mana_ssid_filter_file' is set in hostapd.conf. hostapd-mana will only respond to probe ssid's that are in the filter file.
(To avoid attacking people you don't want to attack for example if you're scope is limited.)
https://github.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-openwrt/raw/master/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/hostapd-mana_2.6-dev-2_ar71xx.ipk

To install this, use
opkg install --force-overwrite hostapd-mana_2.6-dev-2_ar71xx.ipk
opkg install --dest sd --force-overwrite hostapd-mana_2.6-dev-2_ar71xx.ipk   (if you are using a nano)

Remember to uninstall the old version first ;)

Humm I tried the dev version to give the black/white listing a go.

Removed old version as you suggest. installed dev ipk as you suggest. I edited the /etc/mana-toolkit/hostapd-mana.conf  to wlan2, changed the SSID, and changed channel to 0 ACS.

Still does the same as above - fires up wlan1 and edits the wlan2 back to wlan1 in the .conf - but leaves my ssid and channel as I want them. is a strange one.

For info im running it on a tetra.

Edited by Just_a_User
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

Humm I tried the dev version to give the black/white listing a go.

Removed old version as you suggest. installed dev ipk as you suggest. I edited the /etc/mana-toolkit/hostapd-mana.conf  to wlan2, changed the SSID, and changed channel to 0 ACS.

Still does the same as above - fires up wlan1 and edits the wlan2 back to wlan1 in the .conf - but leaves my ssid and channel as I want them. is a strange one.

For info im running it on a tetra.

Looks like i forgot to add the new ssid_filter feature to the deault hostapd.conf. I'm uploading a new version to github as i'm writing this.
I'll take a look at the wlan2 issue you're describing. I got a Tetra here, so it should be easy to debug.

Is it working with wlan1 by the way?

Edited by Zylla
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zylla said:

Looks like i forgot to add the new ssid_filter feature to the deault hostapd.conf. I'm uploading a new version to github as i'm writing this.
I'll take a look at the wlan2 issue you're describing. I got a Tetra here, so it should be easy to debug.

Is it working with wlan1 by the way?

OK will give it a shot. its weird tho as it seems to be amending just the wlan1 in the hostapd-mana.conf - just to confirm and make sure we talk of the same thing. I don’t see a hostapd.conf in my /etc/mana-toolkit/ directory.

Yes wlan1 seems to works OK. But If I try wlan0 it has the same issue and reverts to wlan1 like wlan2 does.

Eventually it would be great if two radios can be used in configurable combinations. Having possibility for wlan1 for 5ghz and wlan2 for 2.4ghz leaving wlan0 for monitoring and management access.

Edited by Just_a_User
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

OK will give it a shot. its weird tho as it seems to be amending just the wlan1 in the hostapd-mana.conf - just to confirm I don’t see a "hostapd.conf" in the /etc/mana-toolkit/ directory - should there be? or is it elsewhere?

Yes wlan1 works OK for me. If i try wlan0 it does the same and reverts to wlan1.

Eventually it would be great to run both wlan1 for 5ghz and wlan2 for 2.4ghz leaving wlan0 for management access.

I am not able to re-create your problem on my Tetra, or on my Nano.
It allows me to use wlan0, wlan1, and  wlan2. 

Yes, hostapd.conf should be located within /etc/mana-toolkit.
The weird part is that it should have gotten installed when you installed the new package.
How you even manage to startup hostapd-mana successfully, is beyond me.

I'd suggest a factory-reset, before you install Mana Toolkit fresh again.
I've also updated the module a weeny tiny bit. Now you won't get that annoying problem where the History displays the date of the files instead of the filenames. :)
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Zylla said:

I am not able to re-create your problem on my Tetra, or on my Nano.
It allows me to use wlan0, wlan1, and  wlan2. 

Yes, hostapd.conf should be located within /etc/mana-toolkit.
The weird part is that it should have gotten installed when you installed the new package.
How you even manage to startup hostapd-mana successfully, is beyond me.

I'd suggest a factory-reset, before you install Mana Toolkit fresh again.
I've also updated the module a weeny tiny bit. Now you won't get that annoying problem where the History displays the date of the files instead of the filenames. :)
 

Humm thanks for looking at this. I’m not sure what’s happening.

Firmware recovery 1.1.0, update to 1.1.2 - ran installation script from pineapple terminal.

Installation completed!
Launch MANA by typing: 'launch-mana' in the terminal.
root@Pineapple:~# cd /etc/mana-toolkit/
root@Pineapple:/etc/mana-toolkit# ls
dnsmasq-dhcpd-two.conf     hostapd-mana-eap.conf      hostapd.eap_user
dnsmasq-dhcpd.conf         hostapd-mana-eaponly.conf  karmetasploit.rc
dnsspoof.conf              hostapd-mana.conf          ssid_filter
hostapd-hidden.conf        hostapd.accept             stunnel.conf
hostapd-mana-all.conf      hostapd.deny               tinyproxy.conf

hostapd.conf isn’t showing up in my /etc/mana-toolkit/ directory after a fresh install on a factory reset tetra. Tried a second time and did the same thing. do I miss something obvious? so far I have been editing hostapd-mana.conf.

I also get issues running from terminal without the module being installed (log location issue). So installed the module via git clone. then get a couple of issues: -

Mana Toolkit - Pineapple Edition!

Device seems to be: ONLINE.
RTNETLINK answers: File exists
Configuration file: /etc/mana-toolkit/hostapd-mana.conf
ACS: Automatic channel selection started, this may take a bit
wlan1: interface state UNINITIALIZED->ACS
wlan1: ACS-STARTED 
Command failed: Not found

Not sure what the command failed is as the bottom.

I also see

/usr/sbin/launch-mana: line 305: stty: command not found

so tried installing coreutils-stty which removed that stty issue.

I still have the "Command failed: not found" on startup and the original issue of not being able to select wlan0 or wlan2 from within the "hostapd-mana.conf" but it does select the wlan2 interface when I run "launch-mana wlan2" from terminal.

So some improvement :)

So I then checked the module and even tho I installed from the installation script in terminal the dependencies is saying not installed on the module. I ran the install and it quickly changed to installed, are there some dependencies missing from the terminal install command maybe?. Even after that tho I still have similar issues to above.

What would be the best way to install, just using the module installer or the just terminal command? both?

Just found another issue when deleting a log file (I tried deleting netcreds.log) it deleted the whole log directory and its contents.

Again that you for your help and work.

Edited by Just_a_User
Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that i mixed up some names when i was talking to you last time.
The file that configures hostapd is: /etc/mana-toolkit/hostapd-mana.conf
It is not strange that hostapd.conf doesn't exist, because it shouldn't. I read your post and i must have confused it for hostapd-mana.conf

Anyways. Glad to hear that you managed to launch it manually on wlan2 from terminal!
The reason you're not able to use wlan0 is probably because it's already being used by the Pineapple.
If you really want to use wlan0, i suggest you take a look inside /etc/config/wireless

To disable ap-mode on wlan0 you can use UCI like this:

uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].mode='sta'
uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[1].mode='sta'
uci commit wireless
wifi

(might need a reboot, if changes doesn't occur)

This will disable both the managment AP and the hidden AP which is running on wlan0 and wlan0-1.
If you want to enable them again just use the same commands, but switch 'sta' to 'ap'.
Or you could perhaps try to enable another interface on wlan0 -> wlan0-2 and try to launch it on that interface.
I'm not sure how many AP's the wifi-chip can handle at once.

I've also updated the packages (again), as i forgot to add coreutils-stty as a dependency. (Thanks for the heads up by the way)
If you already have it installed, you don't need to re-install.

Yeah, log-location issues will happen if you only run the terminal-version without the Module.
It's just because i'm focusing on the module, and getting it ready to be sent to the hak5 repos.

 

Quote

So I then checked the module and even tho I installed from the installation script in terminal the dependencies is saying not installed on the module.

That is to be expected. It's not only the dependencies that gets handled when installing through the module.
It also saves a few variables here and there so it can be sure that it is actually installed. This doesn't happen when you only install the terminal version.
(/etc/config/ManaToolkit) <-- example of stuff that doesn't get installed in the terminal version.
 

Quote

What would be the best way to install, just using the module installer or the just terminal command? both?

The Module.

Quote

Just found another issue when deleting a log file (I tried deleting netcreds.log) it deleted the whole log directory and its contents.

Thanks. I'll look into this asap!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just tried the new module update and the dependencies wont install, it runs for about 30 seconds and returns with not installed after running.  This is a factory reset Nano with a couple modules installed and nothing auto starting.  tried installing to sd card.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

Just tried the new module update and the dependencies wont install, it runs for about 30 seconds and returns with not installed after running.  This is a factory reset Nano with a couple modules installed and nothing auto starting.  tried installing to sd card.

I had the same on the tetra, after waiting for approx 1 hour after starting it I ran the terminal install command AND then module dependencies and it completed OK.

Edited by Just_a_User
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

I had the same, ran the terminal install AND the module dependencies and it completed OK.

So I just ssh into the pineapple and changed directories to the manatoolkit and tried to run dependencies.sh with no luck

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

So I just ssh into the pineapple and changed directories to the manatoolkit and tried to run dependencies.sh with no luck

 

try this

wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adde88/hostapd-mana/master/INSTALL.sh | bash -s -- -v -v

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, b0N3z said:

Just tried the new module update and the dependencies wont install, it runs for about 30 seconds and returns with not installed after running.  This is a factory reset Nano with a couple modules installed and nothing auto starting.  tried installing to sd card.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll get on it asap :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

After installing the new module with the updated dependencies.sh, it installs fine but the edit hostapd config section only shows "false"  trying to do a restore default it still results in a config file only saying false.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm doing the same on my Nano at the moment.

Btw i'm aware of a bug with the "start/stop" button. It seems like it doesn't always manage to check if it's running etc.
I'm not sure what's causing this, or if it could be the " $timeout(function(){" part of the JavaScript. I've tested different values.

EDIT: "Sometimes it also seems to stop everything, without telling the stop-button that it's stopping. I'm not sure what's triggering this yet."

If someone with module-creation experience could help me take a look at this exact bug, i'd be very happy! As it's very annoying.

Also tips for debugging modules is greatly appreciated, especially the JavaScript part!

Edited by Zylla
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Zylla unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...