MANA Attack, for the Pineapple.

Zylla

My installing procedure gets stuck when it gets the second ipk file and I don't know what to do because it's not reporting an error code

Installing: MANA-Toolkit.
Go grab a cup of coffee, this can take a little while...

Downloading https://www.wifipineapple.com/nano/packages/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_pineapple.
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05/ar71xx/generic/packages/base/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_base.
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05/ar71xx/generic/packages/packages/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_packages.
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05/ar71xx/generic/packages/management/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_management.
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05/ar71xx/generic/packages/routing/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_routing.
--2017-02-07 23:15:49--  https://github.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-openwrt/raw/master/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/asleap_2.2-1_ar71xx.ipk
Resolving github.com... 192.30.253.112, 192.30.253.113
Connecting to github.com|192.30.253.112|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
Location: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-openwrt/master/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/asleap_2.2-1_ar71xx.ipk [following]
--2017-02-07 23:15:50--  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-openwrt/master/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/asleap_2.2-1_ar71xx.ipk
Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com... 151.101.12.133
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com|151.101.12.133|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 12093 (12K) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: 'asleap_2.2-1_ar71xx.ipk.1'

asleap_2.2-1_ar71xx.ipk.1                            100%[=====================================================================================================================>]  11.81K  --.-KB/s    in 0.02s   

2017-02-07 23:15:51 (508 KB/s) - 'asleap_2.2-1_ar71xx.ipk.1' saved [12093/12093]

--2017-02-07 23:15:51--  https://github.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-openwrt/raw/master/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/hostapd-mana_2.6-1_ar71xx.ipk
Resolving github.com... 192.30.253.113, 192.30.253.112
Connecting to github.com|192.30.253.113|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
Location: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-openwrt/master/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/hostapd-mana_2.6-1_ar71xx.ipk [following]
--2017-02-07 23:15:52--  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-openwrt/master/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/hostapd-mana_2.6-1_ar71xx.ipk
Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com... 151.101.12.133
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com|151.101.12.133|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 9378725 (8.9M) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: 'hostapd-mana_2.6-1_ar71xx.ipk.1'

hostapd-mana_2.6-1_ar71xx.ipk.1                       59%[=====================================================================>                                                ]   5.34M  1.09MB/s    eta 3s     

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do I get this to work with Evil Portal?

I have mana working after about 10 attempts at install...and I can connect both through the MANA default wifi and through probes, but I do not see the evil portal captive portal page.  Is there a way that I can set mana to port to that page?  Is there a way to setup a captive portal within mana itself?

Apologies for not knowing more about mana...I spend a lot of time trying to get it to work on my kali box only to finally realize that my alfa adapter wasn't supported.

thanks!

On 06/02/2017 at 11:36 AM, Zylla said:

Update:

I've successfully built hostapd version 2.6 with the MANA patches for OpenWRT.
Senepost has not merged this version with the "release" version. But i feel like everything is stable enough to be pushed out.
So i'm going to update my github repo. and packages asap. If you find any bugs, i'd be very happy if you could report them to me.

PS.
When running version 2.6, i'd be very very interested in peoples experiences with the "taxonomy" feature within hostapd.
It's a feature that identifies the client device based on information stored within the probe and association packets being sent.
I got this to work on my Linux version (PC), and i'd be very interested if we got this to work together with the MANA patches for OpenWRT.
You would then be able to identify devices around you, based on their MAC address.
For example: (Nexus 5, or iPhone 6s, etc.)

PSS.
Still working on a Pineapple Module. This turned out more time consuming than i had expected.
But it's in progress.. :)

Yours truly,
Zylla / Andreas

First, thank you for your work and sharing. I have tried your script on my tetra with filters with mixture of success depending on devices tried.

As you requested and my interest I tried both the network scan (channel=0) and taxonomy switches. However the latter doesn’t seem to be working for me or my switch isn’t correct. I couldn’t find much detail but used this as reference http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/hostap/2016-August/036096.html

I added  "client_taxonomy=[0|1]" (tried both 1 or a  0) to the hostapd-mana.conf but im getting Line 46: unknown configuration item 'client_taxonomy' 1 errors found in configuration file '/etc/mana-toolkit/hostapd-mana.conf'
I'm missing something no doubt but cant figure out what. Any pointers would be great. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zylla said:

BETA Module is up!
Test it yourself here: https://github.com/adde88/ManaToolkit

General feedback, or tips for improving the Module is greatly appreciated! 

PS.
When i feel it's ready to be released, it will be submitted to Hak5 as a normal module.

Awesome :)

maybe just me but I installed on a Tetra and loads module OK. I already had installed from cmdline previously tho.

On module I get dependencies not installed, click install, says  installing but then reverts to not installed. same after reboot. Will do factory reset tomorrow but any ideas now?

3 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

Awesome :)

maybe just me but I installed on a Tetra and loads module OK. I already had installed from cmdline previously tho.

On module I get dependencies not installed, click install, says  installing but then reverts to not installed. same after reboot. Will do factory reset tomorrow but any ideas now?

I advice you to try a factory-reset, because there have been some updates to the ipk/package. :)

1 hour ago, Zylla said:

I advice you to try a factory-reset, because there have been some updates to the ipk/package. :)

just backed up and factory reset firmware 1.1.0 then upgraded to 1.1.2 - opkg update, installed git-http git cloned your git to modules dir. same thing happens dependencies not installing from gui button and its popup.

Are the dependencies libubus, tinyproxy, stunnel, ip? will attempt to install manually and try again.

Edit - installed above dependencies - made no difference. will now attempt to install from cmd line using 

wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adde88/hostapd-mana/master/INSTALL.sh | bash -s -- -v -v

will see if the module picks it up.

10 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

just backed up and factory reset firmware 1.1.0 then upgraded to 1.1.2 - opkg update, installed git-http git cloned your git to modules dir. same thing happens dependencies not installing from gui button and its popup.

Are the dependencies libubus, tinyproxy, stunnel, ip? will attempt to install manually and try again.

Edit - installed above dependencies - made no difference. will now attempt to install from cmd line using 

wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adde88/hostapd-mana/master/INSTALL.sh | bash -s -- -v -v

will see if the module picks it up.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll try to re-create the process you are attempting.
This module development has been a little tidious, and i uploaded it straight after i got it working so that i could continue work while getting feedback from others.
I'm assuming you are using the Tetra since you mentioned version 1.1.2.

Dependencies are:  libubus +tinyproxy +stunnel +ip +python +sslsplit

What happens if you launch this from the terminal?

root@tetra:~# /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/scripts/dependencies.sh install internal

I just resetted mine, and managed to get the same bug as you are describing with the module.
Debugging it now! :)

EDIT: I think i have located the bug. And if i'm correct it seems like the script that handles dependencies and installation is not chmoded +x.

This is why i'm so happy for feedback! :)

EDIT: Bug is fixed. Please update module! :)

5 hours ago, Zylla said:

I just resetted mine, and managed to get the same bug as you are describing with the module.

EDIT: I think i have located the bug. And if i'm correct it seems like the script that handles dependencies and installation is not chmoded +x.

that's it! dependencies sorted - thank you.

first run - I seem to have an intermittent  issue with the stop button returning to green ready for next run. Also i have some empty logs arriving from the 70's :) - 1970-01-01 00-00-00 - about 3x for each real log. Will check further through the day.

EDIT - when i connect some devices the output window sometimes goes blank and i had a LOT (37) blank logs arrive. something not quite right. I had auto refresh on if that’s something to do with it.

7 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

that's it! dependencies sorted - thank you.

first run - I seem to have an intermittent  issue with the stop button returning to green ready for next run. Also i have some empty logs arriving from the 70's :) - 1970-01-01 00-00-00 - about 3x for each real log. Will check further through the day.

EDIT - when i connect some devices the output window sometimes goes blank and i had a LOT (37) blank logs arrive. something not quite right. I had auto refresh on if that’s something to do with it.

I'm aware of those issues, and i'm gonna try to sort it out soon. I just uploaded it to Github the moment i got it "working" :)
The logs from the "70's" are most likely the logs from net-creds, sslstrip, and sslsplit. I borrowed that part of the module from another module, and i haven't gone over the naming-part yet ;p

Tetra install of Dependencies is going on 20 minutes and still not done.

on the Tetra it ask for Sd card and Internal when the only install location is Internal.

The Dependencies button is not right this is only on the tetra that i have tested.

Edit: 1hr and still installing Dependancies

On 2/22/2017 at 1:07 AM, Zylla said:

I am still having this error, tried installing them manually but no use... Wifi Nano here

On 25.2.2017 at 1:13 AM, b0N3z said:

Tetra install of Dependencies is going on 20 minutes and still not done.

on the Tetra it ask for Sd card and Internal when the only install location is Internal.

The Dependencies button is not right this is only on the tetra that i have tested.

Edit: 1hr and still installing Dependancies

I noticed on the url it says "ManaToolkit-master". I'am guessing you downloaded the .zip archive from GitHub, and extracted it to /pineapple/modules?
Because it seems like the module-folder is named ManaToolkit-master. Which is wrong.
It should be named "ManaToolkit", without "-master" at the end. Take a look inside "/pineapple/modules/" and see if i'am correct.
Or just try this one-liner in the terminal (ssh):

mv /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit-master /pineappple/modules/ManaToolkit

where is the log files (net-creads.log,sslstrip.log...) they used to be @ /var/lib/mana-toolkit not anymore !!??

i found this line :

/usr/share/mana-toolkit/sslstrip-hsts/sslstrip2
/usr/sbin/launch-mana: line 171: /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/log/net-creds.log: No such file or directory

anyone knows ?

On 28.2.2017 at 1:44 AM, hard2hold said:

where is the log files (net-creads.log,sslstrip.log...) they used to be @ /var/lib/mana-toolkit not anymore !!??

i found this line :

/usr/share/mana-toolkit/sslstrip-hsts/sslstrip2
/usr/sbin/launch-mana: line 171: /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/log/net-creds.log: No such file or directory

anyone knows ?

If you are using the latest installer you will find the log files here: /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/log
I've changed it to make it more compatible with the whole "module-thing". :)

The Module and installation worked just fine for me :wink:  Thanks for your work Zylla!

One suggestion: Would be cool if the upstream interface could be set in the GUI. In my case i use "wlan2"  (connect to an AndroidAP) instead of "brlan".

Now i just have the problem that the Mana-Toolkit itself is unusable on the Nano because of it´s CPU and Memory consumption. After one minute or more the nano has a load > 8.0 with only one client connected. Loading a website on the client needs more than 30 sec.  The nano gets unstable and reboot.

11 hours ago, BeNe said:

The Module and installation worked just fine for me :wink:  Thanks for your work Zylla!

One suggestion: Would be cool if the upstream interface could be set in the GUI. In my case i use "wlan2"  (connect to an AndroidAP) instead of "brlan".

Now i just have the problem that the Mana-Toolkit itself is unusable on the Nano because of it´s CPU and Memory consumption. After one minute or more the nano has a load > 8.0 with only one client connected. Loading a website on the client needs more than 30 sec.  The nano gets unstable and reboot.

Thank you for some very useful feedback! Yeah, i can very much see how selecting the upstream interface can be useful.
I'll see if i can get around and add that feature today! :)

Regarding CPU/memory consumption on the NANO. I'm not sure if there really is much i can do, exept limit how much CPU % the processes can take up.
But i'll also try to take a look at that issue.
I've mostly been using my Tetra for debugging/development, and my Nano has been used to just "testing that it works".

I'm not quite sure what is causing the problem, but I'm not able to install the dependencies. I have MANA installed and copied the files from the repo to pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit but can't install dependancies. I've even tried moving the modules files to the sd/modules/ManaToolkit and creating a linked folder in pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit. I've tried installing to SD card and Internal with no luck. I've also rebooted and tried again, still nothing. Any suggestions?

7 minutes ago, Null Trace said:

I'm not quite sure what is causing the problem, but I'm not able to install the dependencies. I have MANA installed and copied the files from the repo to pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit but can't install dependancies. I've even tried moving the modules files to the sd/modules/ManaToolkit and creating a linked folder in pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit. I've tried installing to SD card and Internal with no luck. I've also rebooted and tried again, still nothing. Any suggestions?

I would suggest a reset, before you then clone the repository to your sd-card, and then sym-link that folder to: /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit
Or, you could try running the install-script from the terminal. like this:

/pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/scripts/dependencies.sh install sd

And then paste me the output that gets produced when running that script.
Because that is the script that gets launched when installing dependencies through the ui.

On 3/12/2017 at 1:57 PM, Zylla said:

I would suggest a reset, before you then clone the repository to your sd-card, and then sym-link that folder to: /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit
Or, you could try running the install-script from the terminal. like this:

/pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/scripts/dependencies.sh install sd

And then paste me the output that gets produced when running that script.
Because that is the script that gets launched when installing dependencies through the ui.

This is my command and return

root@Pineapple:~# /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/scripts/dependencies.sh install sd
-ash: /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/scripts/dependencies.sh: Permission denied

So I checked my file permissions on the file and found it to be 644. I changed it to 755, which fixed my problems! Thanks!

8 hours ago, Null Trace said:

This is my command and return

root@Pineapple:~# /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/scripts/dependencies.sh install sd
-ash: /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/scripts/dependencies.sh: Permission denied

So I checked my file permissions on the file and found it to be 644. I changed it to 755, which fixed my problems! Thanks!

Yeah, these issues should be fixed in the latest version.
So, remember to update it by using git pull, or just cloning the repo. fresh-new. :)

I've built a dev. version on my Pineapples with a new feature.
If you enable this feature in the hostapd.config file, it will scan a specific file for a list of SSID's to target. And it will only target those SSID's.
Is this a feature you guys think is needed?

Archived