Jump to content

MANA Attack, for the Pineapple.


Recommended Posts

Thanks for your response!

I was not sharing the internet connection so thanks for that. But a new issue appeared (suprise!)

When launching MANA it still crashes.

root@Pineapple:~# launch-mana
Mana Toolkit - Pineapple Edition!

Device seems to be: ONLINE.
RTNETLINK answers: File exists
Configuration file: /sd/etc/mana-toolkit/hostapd-mana.conf
Using interface wlan1 with hwaddr 00:c0:ca:91:28:3d and ssid "MANA"
wlan1: interface state UNINITIALIZED->ENABLED
wlan1: AP-ENABLED
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
hostapd-mana  is running with pid: 1949

DHCP Server  is running with pid: 1963

SSLstrip+  is running with pid: 2030

DNS2Proxy  is running with pid: 2032

Exiting! (Error code: 6)
SSLsplit was not launched correctly.

Mana Toolkit  has been shutdown.
root@Pineapple:~#

Also, do you have a ETA of when your module will be released?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MANA-Toolkit! Pineapple NANO + TETRA. (IPK installation-files, and source-files ready to compile with OpenWRT-SDK) MANA Toolkit includes a working version of SSLstrip2+dns2proxy for the Pineapples.

Sorry for not answering SBB's question. I didn't notice that someone had posted until RazerBlade did. I'll try to explain what's going on with those errors that you're getting. It is obviously re

This is under development. So the only thing the startup-script will do at the moment is to behave as a normal AP would on wlan1, (with the mana patches) It will try to fool clients that are probing

Posted Images

Just now, RazerBlade said:

Thanks for your response!

I was not sharing the internet connection so thanks for that. But a new issue appeared (suprise!)

When launching MANA it still crashes.


root@Pineapple:~# launch-mana
Mana Toolkit - Pineapple Edition!

Device seems to be: ONLINE.
RTNETLINK answers: File exists
Configuration file: /sd/etc/mana-toolkit/hostapd-mana.conf
Using interface wlan1 with hwaddr 00:c0:ca:91:28:3d and ssid "MANA"
wlan1: interface state UNINITIALIZED->ENABLED
wlan1: AP-ENABLED
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
hostapd-mana  is running with pid: 1949

DHCP Server  is running with pid: 1963

SSLstrip+  is running with pid: 2030

DNS2Proxy  is running with pid: 2032

Exiting! (Error code: 6)
SSLsplit was not launched correctly.

Mana Toolkit  has been shutdown.
root@Pineapple:~#

Also, do you have a ETA of when your module will be released?

What happens if you try to launch sslsplit?
Because it seems like it hasn't been installed.
Anyway, to get that sorted out just install sslsplit in the terminal like this:

opkg update
opkg install sslsplit --dest sd


Regarding an ETA on the Module:
Mana Toolkit and the Module is being worked on during my spare-time.
I got my normal job from 8AM-4PM Monday-Friday (+ overtime).
I'm also a "family guy" with a three year old daughter running around at home after work and during weekends.
IF i'm lucky, i get 2-3 hrs of spare-time during the evenings.
This last month has been very hectic, and almost no work has been done on this project because i've had to prioritize other stuff.

It's hard to give out an ETA. But i'll do my best to have a "working" Module for the Tetra and Nano within a few weks.
When i say "working" i mean that you should be able to launch every attack you can do on your laptop, from the Module. That includes EAP attacks aswell.
But i digress... 

I'll keep you guys updated :)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2017 at 6:19 PM, mda1125 said:

RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

/sd/usr/sbin/launch-mana: line 272: /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/log/net-creds.log: No such file or directory

 

 

I followed the instructions you mentioned in this thread about either touching the file or installing the Mana Module... once I installed the module, this error went away and the toolkit launches.

It also works from the Pineapple interface using the module as well.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mda1125 said:

I followed the instructions you mentioned in this thread about either touching the file or installing the Mana Module... once I installed the module, this error went away and the toolkit launches.

It also works from the Pineapple interface using the module as well.

someone entered the last stage ... :P
 

By the way anyone noticing Zylla supporting this thread a real fuc**** long time answer to answer ... thanks Zylla, thats why i joined it decades ago ... :P  :-) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there! I successfully put the files for the module in the right place, but i cannot install the dependencies in the interface. When i click the button it pops up with the "install to sd or internal" but then stops installing. Just wondering if there was a fix.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RazerBlade said:

I have the same problem as @jacobnibblerto get to that point I factory restored my pineapple and formatted the usb. But as jacobnibbler I can't install the dependencies to use the actual module but I can launch mana from the terminal.

 

If you enter the module-directory for Mana you will find a "scripts" directory (if i remember correctly. Using my phone at the moment)

Inside this directory there is a bash script which takes care of installing the dependencies. 

What happens if you launch this script inside a terminal as below?

/pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/scripts/dependencies.sh install sd

This is the same script that gets launched when you press the install dependencies button, except when using the interface there's no output.

Also, installation can some times take a few minutes. Especially on the Nano.

Edited by Zylla
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well heres the log:



root@Pineapple:/pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/scripts# /pineapple/modules/ManaT
olkit/scripts/dependencies.sh install sd
-ash: /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/scripts/dependencies.sh: Permission denied


root@Pineapple:/pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/scripts# bash /pineapple/modules/
anaToolkit/scripts/dependencies.sh install sd
--2017-05-04 19:08:45--  https://github.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-openwrt/raw/maser/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/asleap_2.2-1_ar71xx.ipk
Resolving github.com... 192.30.253.112, 192.30.253.113
Connecting to github.com|192.30.253.112|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
Location: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-openwrt/master/in/ar71xx/packages/base/asleap_2.2-1_ar71xx.ipk [following]
--2017-05-04 19:08:47--  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-penwrt/master/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/asleap_2.2-1_ar71xx.ipk
Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com... 151.101.0.133, 151.101.64.133, 151.101.18.133, ...
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com|151.101.0.133|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 12093 (12K) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: '/tmp/ManaToolkit/asleap_2.2-1_ar71xx.ipk'

asleap_2.2-1_ar71xx 100%[===================>]  11.81K  --.-KB/s    in 0.006s

2017-05-04 19:08:47 (2.00 MB/s) - '/tmp/ManaToolkit/asleap_2.2-1_ar71xx.ipk' saed [12093/12093]

--2017-05-04 19:08:47--  https://github.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-openwrt/raw/maser/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/hostapd-mana_2.6-2_ar71xx.ipk
Resolving github.com... 192.30.253.113, 192.30.253.112
Connecting to github.com|192.30.253.113|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
Location: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-openwrt/master/in/ar71xx/packages/base/hostapd-mana_2.6-2_ar71xx.ipk [following]
--2017-05-04 19:08:48--  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-penwrt/master/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/hostapd-mana_2.6-2_ar71xx.ipk
Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com... 151.101.0.133, 151.101.64.133, 151.101.18.133, ...
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com|151.101.0.133|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 9456997 (9.0M) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: '/tmp/ManaToolkit/hostapd-mana_2.6-2_ar71xx.ipk'

hostapd-mana_2.6-2_ 100%[===================>]   9.02M  1.94MB/s    in 4.7s

2017-05-04 19:08:55 (1.93 MB/s) - '/tmp/ManaToolkit/hostapd-mana_2.6-2_ar71xx.ik' saved [9456997/9456997]

Downloading https://www.wifipineapple.com/nano/packages/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_pineapple.
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05/ar71xx/generic/packges/base/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_base.
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05/ar71xx/generic/packges/packages/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_packages.
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05/ar71xx/generic/packges/management/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_management.
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05/ar71xx/generic/packges/routing/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_routing.
Installing asleap (2.2-1) to sd...
Installing hostapd-mana (2.6-2) to sd...
Configuring hostapd-mana.
grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/hostapd-mana.control: No such file or directory
cat: can't open '/usr/lib/opkg/info/hostapd-mana.list': No such file or directoy
Configuring asleap.
grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/asleap.control: No such file or directory
cat: can't open '/usr/lib/opkg/info/asleap.list': No such file or directory
ln: /etc/mana-toolkit/mana-toolkit: File exists
root@Pineapple:/pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/scripts#

Well by running the script from the command provided it denies me. By running the script as bash like this:

bash /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/scripts/dependencies.sh install sd

Solved my problem!

Thank you Zylla

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RazerBlade said:

Well heres the log:




root@Pineapple:/pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/scripts# /pineapple/modules/ManaT
olkit/scripts/dependencies.sh install sd
-ash: /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/scripts/dependencies.sh: Permission denied


root@Pineapple:/pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/scripts# bash /pineapple/modules/
anaToolkit/scripts/dependencies.sh install sd
--2017-05-04 19:08:45--  https://github.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-openwrt/raw/maser/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/asleap_2.2-1_ar71xx.ipk
Resolving github.com... 192.30.253.112, 192.30.253.113
Connecting to github.com|192.30.253.112|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
Location: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-openwrt/master/in/ar71xx/packages/base/asleap_2.2-1_ar71xx.ipk [following]
--2017-05-04 19:08:47--  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-penwrt/master/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/asleap_2.2-1_ar71xx.ipk
Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com... 151.101.0.133, 151.101.64.133, 151.101.18.133, ...
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com|151.101.0.133|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 12093 (12K) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: '/tmp/ManaToolkit/asleap_2.2-1_ar71xx.ipk'

asleap_2.2-1_ar71xx 100%[===================>]  11.81K  --.-KB/s    in 0.006s

2017-05-04 19:08:47 (2.00 MB/s) - '/tmp/ManaToolkit/asleap_2.2-1_ar71xx.ipk' saed [12093/12093]

--2017-05-04 19:08:47--  https://github.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-openwrt/raw/maser/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/hostapd-mana_2.6-2_ar71xx.ipk
Resolving github.com... 192.30.253.113, 192.30.253.112
Connecting to github.com|192.30.253.113|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
Location: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-openwrt/master/in/ar71xx/packages/base/hostapd-mana_2.6-2_ar71xx.ipk [following]
--2017-05-04 19:08:48--  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adde88/hostapd-mana-penwrt/master/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/hostapd-mana_2.6-2_ar71xx.ipk
Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com... 151.101.0.133, 151.101.64.133, 151.101.18.133, ...
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com|151.101.0.133|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 9456997 (9.0M) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: '/tmp/ManaToolkit/hostapd-mana_2.6-2_ar71xx.ipk'

hostapd-mana_2.6-2_ 100%[===================>]   9.02M  1.94MB/s    in 4.7s

2017-05-04 19:08:55 (1.93 MB/s) - '/tmp/ManaToolkit/hostapd-mana_2.6-2_ar71xx.ik' saved [9456997/9456997]

Downloading https://www.wifipineapple.com/nano/packages/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_pineapple.
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05/ar71xx/generic/packges/base/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_base.
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05/ar71xx/generic/packges/packages/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_packages.
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05/ar71xx/generic/packges/management/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_management.
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05/ar71xx/generic/packges/routing/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/chaos_calmer_routing.
Installing asleap (2.2-1) to sd...
Installing hostapd-mana (2.6-2) to sd...
Configuring hostapd-mana.
grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/hostapd-mana.control: No such file or directory
cat: can't open '/usr/lib/opkg/info/hostapd-mana.list': No such file or directoy
Configuring asleap.
grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/asleap.control: No such file or directory
cat: can't open '/usr/lib/opkg/info/asleap.list': No such file or directory
ln: /etc/mana-toolkit/mana-toolkit: File exists
root@Pineapple:/pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/scripts#

Well by running the script from the command provided it denies me. By running the script as bash like this:

bash /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/scripts/dependencies.sh install sd

Solved my problem!

Thank you Zylla

I know a while back there was a problem like this, where those scripts didn't have the correct chmod. (executable)
Which caused issues like this.
But it's been fixed a long time ago.
Do you know if you're having the latest version of the Module? If you cloned the repo. today, you would definitely be running the latest version.
But if the folder is a few months old, then i'd update it! :)

Anyways, i'm glad it worked. :)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice! But a little problem still persist.

For some reason am I not able to start the module (a bug I have encounterd in many pineapple modules). I suspect it may be a hardware problem as when I facrory reset the pineapple and install a module to the internal storage, the module often refuses to start or stop. And this is not only in modules, it happens sometimes when reconing or by using pineap.

This was OT but I can launch the module perfectly from the terminal which I am glad for!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Semi-big" update today. Across all my repositories.
There's also a new IPK to download. Version: 2.6-3
The biggest changes here are that when you now type 'launch-mana' into the terminal, it will go silently into the background, while at the same time displaying output to the terminal, and also logging to the log-files.
To stop the attack, you simply need to enter: 'kill-mana'.
This method has been the most reliable so far. (This also removes the need for coreutils-stty)

I've also added this little change to hostapd-mana.conf

max_num_sta=8

This will limit the amount of clients that can simultaneously be connected to your Fake-AP to eight clients.
This is to avoid crashing the device.
hostapd-mana itself can probably handle much more than eight clients without crashing the device, but we're also doing LOTS of heavy encryption/decryption-work on all our clients. This is quite intensive on the CPU!
If we have 10 clients that all surf intensively at the same time, i can guarantee you that the device will become unresponsive.
It could also happen that the number needs to be even lower than eight on the NANO.
So if it becomes unresponsive, try lowering it.

And then the last thing, before i jump to bed:
https://github.com/adde88/ManaToolkit  (The "Module")  now has a new branch up and running!
It's called: dev
Which is supposed to be a bleeding-edge developer branch where i push all the changes i do to the Module. (Good and bad)
It will be updated much more frequently than the master-branch.
When i'm happy with the work, that branch will merge with the master-branch.

Test it out if you're curious. The version which is there, will always be the same as the one i'm running on my Pineapples! :)

Have a good day guys. And as always; feedback is very much appreciated! :wink:

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jacobnibbler said:

Hello again! I was wondering now that I can successfully launch mana, how do i sniff the info? I still am a bit confused on how to use it. can i use the pineapple's AP for connection?

The Pineapple is tricking nearby clients to connect to it's fake AP (PineAP) by using hostapd with the Karma patches, and some other tweaks/mods by Hak5.
You could say that Mana is an improved version of Karma.
Here's a talk by the creators of the Mana patches, if you want to know the stuff behind it.

Mana Toolkit uses wlan1 by default on your Pineapple, so you should be able to use the Pineapple's management AP at the same time, as it uses wlan0.
BUT, you also need to provide a working internet-connection to the Pineapple at the same time. 

If you get a client to connect, and they start browsing the internet Mana will intercept and decrypt this traffic, and log it to: /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/log
It uses SSLsplit, SSLstrip+, dns2proxy, AND net-creds to get as much traffic as possible.
If you're using the Module you can very easily download/read the logs from the interface.

Edited by Zylla
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought i'd just share this with you guys. It's a little sweet.
Within the Module you have the ability to filter the output that you get from hostapd-mana, by using commands like grep, awk, etc. (The sky is your limit)
These two filters below will filter out MAC-addresses. It will also sort them, and display each MAC-address once. Even if it displays a million times.

grep -o -E '([[:xdigit:]]{1,2}:){5}[[:xdigit:]]{1,2}' | sort | uniq
grep -Eo ..\(\:..\){5} | sort | uniq

Both filters do the same thing. :wink:

Any idèas for stuff one could do with this? Log it? display it?
You can end up with quite a lot of mac-addresses. Tracking?

Edited by Zylla
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @Zylla

  • Installed the Mana-Toolkit using the script (installed fine)
  • Created a directory as outlined in the DEV branch of the module
  • Created the softlink
  • Copied over the files using Filezilla to the directory on the SD

Here's where it gets odd...

I can see the module.  I can see the dependencies are installed (the click to install went to the SD card without error).  But when I click on start... it starts and then stops within a few seconds.

If I run it from the terminal instead.. I see this output

___________________________________________

Mana Toolkit - Pineapple Edition!

Device seems to be: ONLINE.
RTNETLINK answers: File exists
Configuration file: /sd/etc/mana-toolkit/hostapd-mana.conf

dnsmasq: cannot read /sd/etc/mana-toolkit/dnsmasq-dhcpd.conf: No such file or directory
/sd/usr/sbin/launch-mana: line 233: /sd/usr/sbin/ip: No such file or directory
/sd/usr/sbin/launch-mana: line 240: /sd/usr/sbin/ip: No such file or directory
/sd/usr/sbin/launch-mana: line 252: cd: /sd/usr/share/mana-toolkit/sslstrip-hsts/sslstrip2/: No such file or directory
/sd/usr/sbin/launch-mana: line 255: cd: /sd/usr/share/mana-toolkit/sslstrip-hsts/dns2proxy/: No such file or directory
/sd/usr/sbin/launch-mana: line 257: cd: OLDPWD not set
/sd/usr/sbin/launch-mana: line 285: /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/log/Net-Creds/net-creds.log: No such file or directory

Exiting! (Error code: 4)
hostapd-mana was not launched correctly.

Mana Toolkit  has been shutdown.

__________________________________________

The interesting thing is .. last night the errors were only about the Net-Creds.log file which last time was solved simply by porting over the module.  This time, it persisted.  I created the directory and the net-creds.log showed up when I tried to start it again.  Blank but it was there.

Now it looks like the entire Mana-Toolkit doesn't launch but the files are there when I navigate around them.

If I wait a bit and launch it again.. here's the error I see which is exactly what it was doing last night.

root@Pineapple:/sd/usr/share/mana-toolkit# launch-mana
Mana Toolkit - Pineapple Edition!

Device seems to be: ONLINE.
RTNETLINK answers: File exists
Configuration file: /sd/etc/mana-toolkit/hostapd-mana.conf
Using interface wlan1 with hwaddr 00:c0:ca:91:82:c5 and ssid "MANA"
wlan1: interface state UNINITIALIZED->ENABLED
wlan1: AP-ENABLED
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
/sd/usr/sbin/launch-mana: line 285: /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/log/Net-Creds/net-creds.log: No such file or directory

hostapd-mana  is running with pid: 3016

DHCP Server  is running with pid: 3031

SSLstrip+  is running with pid: 3098

DNS2Proxy  is running with pid: 3100

Exiting! (Error code: 6)
SSLsplit was not launched correctly.

Mana Toolkit  has been shutdown.
root@Pineapple:/sd/usr/share/mana-toolkit#

It I keep launching it from the Terminal..

It does work after around 5 tries.

However, the module interface is left looking like the attached screenshot.

 

Mana-Module.png

Edited by mda1125
Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had to guess... I'd say it's the bleeding edge module has something wrong because launching from the Terminal in my case, does seem to work.  After it throws some errors, I start to see Broadcasts and Responses to various SSIDs around me.  And in the Mana Module inside the Pineapple Management.. I do see 2 log files being written.

It's really caught up on this line:

/sd/usr/sbin/launch-mana: line 285: /pineapple/modules/ManaToolkit/log/Net-Creds/net-creds.log: No such file or directory

I've created the directory and "touched" the file.  However, that directory does disappear?  I've made it several times, navigated to it, seen the file.  But it somehow gets deleted and when I start up again, this error comes back.  Running the commands to create this directory and file does seem to fix the issue.

Edited by mda1125
Link to post
Share on other sites

@mda1125
Could you please post me the output of dmesg and logread after this error occurs?
I would also do this just to be sure that the file-permissions are correct:
(They can sometimes get messed up if using Windows)

chmod +x /sd/modules/ManaToolkit/scripts/*


The install-procedure that seems to work every time for me is:

  • Factory-reset Pineapple
  • Copy over the Module to the correct destination (remember to sym-link if using the nano)
  • Double-check that the files inside the scripts-folder are executable. If not, use the command i posted above.
  • Open the Module and Install dependencies.
  • Both terminal version and module should be working by now.

About the "missing files". When Mana shuts down, it copies the active log file into another sub-folder, so that it gets archived with date and time. This is why the net-creds.log file is "missing". But that shouldn't cause the script to exit/crash.
Net-Creds should always create this file on each run, then on a normal exit it gets archived.
I suspect the problem can lie somewhere outside of the Module, but i'll go over the log-files when you have time to post them, so i can figure it out for sure :)

 

Edited by Zylla
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just noticed that i had forgotten to update dependencies.sh.
NOW it should install the new IPK i posted yesterday correctly.

I'm not sure if this is what caused the issue that @mda1125 described above.
So update your Module folder, just to be sure. Do a factory-reset aswell, just to be on the safe side. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@mda1125
I'm pretty certain that i've located the error that you are getting.
GitHub repos are updated to fix the issue now. (Second update today)
It appeared that some empty folders was needed for the launcher-script to start, and those folders wasn't uploaded to github, as Github doesn't seem to like "empty folders".
But i figured it out. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Id like to also point out something i've noticed.

Sometimes when pressing Start, the Module will Stop after a second.

If you open the hostapd-mana_output.log file you will probably notice this somewhere in the output:

Could not set channel for kernel driver

I have no idea why this happens...
The only solution is to press Start again, and it usually works.

It seems like the Pineapple sometimes have issues when selecting the channel to use on the interface.
But luckily most times it don't.

I thought i'd just inform you guys, that i'm aware of this "issue".
If i find a fix i'll implement it asap :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mda1125 said:

Deleted everything in the module folder. Copied over the latest update. 

Totally seems to be working now!

I can see refreshes happening and 3 log files created. It keeps running.

Thank you!

You're welcome
Glad i could help! :)

Edited by Zylla
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let it run for about 20 minutes and saw 7 WiFi clients, 6 DHCP and 338 log files.

Most of the logs were empty but a few weren't.  The net-creds.log was empty.  But it appears to be working full force on the Nano.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mda1125 said:

Let it run for about 20 minutes and saw 7 WiFi clients, 6 DHCP and 338 log files.

Most of the logs were empty but a few weren't.  The net-creds.log was empty.  But it appears to be working full force on the Nano.

AWESOME! :grin:

By the way: There is a developer IPK file on the repos, which has a new feature added to hostapd-mana.
It lets you target specific SSID's. Such that it will only answer to the SSIDs which exist in a certain text-file.
Perfect for pentests, where you might want to avoid devices that are not within your scope, because of legal reasons.
I've tested it quite thoroughly and it seems to be working, but i'm not sure if i should add it to the release-version.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...