Logging Internet History

stevelm223

Hello my friends!

I am new to the site and looking forward to trying out the Wifi Pineapple for some cool covert spy missions!
I searched around for a bit, but as this is new to me, I was hoping to get some feedback on how to get started with my first project.

What I'd like to do is:
- Drop the Wifi Pineapple off somewhere (where it does not necessarily have an internet connection) and have it log the internet history (just URLs visited) of anyone within range.
- Ideally, some type of data format like: <DEVICE_ID>     <DATE/TIME>     <WEBSITE_URL>
- Maybe I drop it off for 24 hours, come back to retrieve the device and discover what kind of internet activity has been going on in this area!

I suppose I am a bit lost on the details of where to begin this endeavor.
I suppose that I can use "urlsnarf" module to capture all of the URLs being requested?

But, how can I have people connect to my Pineapple if it has no internet connection?
Can it somehow just intercept the request, log it, and then pass it on to the original destination?
Or, do the devices even need to be connected at all? Could the pineapple just detect the wireless signals themselves?

Thank you so much for your patience!

I suppose that I can use "urlsnarf" module to capture all of the URLs being requested?

Yes, correct! But only HTTP Traffic - not HTTPS. You can also use tcpdump to save the complete Traffic. You can analyse the file later on your PC with wireshark or some other scripts.

But, how can I have people connect to my Pineapple if it has no internet connection?

The PineAP is what you need. It will broadcast the SSID´s. It won´t really work without any internet connection (you will only recieve some connection testing scripts from your connected clients but nothing usefull in most caseses)

• 3 years later...
On 9/13/2016 at 8:31 PM, stevelm223 said:

Hello my friends!

I am new to the site and looking forward to trying out the Wifi Pineapple for some cool covert spy missions!
I searched around for a bit, but as this is new to me, I was hoping to get some feedback on how to get started with my first project.

What I'd like to do is:
- Drop the Wifi Pineapple off somewhere (where it does not necessarily have an internet connection) and have it log the internet history (just URLs visited) of anyone within range.
- Ideally, some type of data format like: <DEVICE_ID>     <DATE/TIME>     <WEBSITE_URL>
- Maybe I drop it off for 24 hours, come back to retrieve the device and discover what kind of internet activity has been going on in this area!

I suppose I am a bit lost on the details of where to begin this endeavor.

Can it somehow just intercept the request, log it, and then pass it on to the original destination?
Or, do the devices even need to be connected at all? Could the pineapple just detect the wireless signals themselves?

Thank you so much for your patience!

Did you ever find the solution to your original question ? 

SSLSplit is also a good module, but somehow is slow as heck during the decrypted process. It takes almost 3 minutes to load a site. 

IMHO, I don't think it's reliable at all. 

If anyone know a better solution for this, please suggest. I would love to hear from you.

Archived