Hacker EDC? defcon EDC? every day carry?

jaime_lion

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:25 AM, Dave-ee Jones said:

Yeah, I know my bag is getting a bit too full. It's a this-would-be-really-useful-but-the-scenario-that-it's-useful-in-only-happens-twice-in-a-lifetime scenario, but I don't want to remove them from my bag ? 

This. Then you come across the I-need-the-thing-I-only-removed-from-my-bag-2-days-ago-because-i-never-used-it scenario :wacko:

3 hours ago, barry99705 said:

?

"Honey, wanna go for a drive with the kids?"
*You look at the back of your car..*
"Can't, got no room."
"Why not?!"
"Well, if I removed it all and we went for a drive what happens if we find ourselves facing a dud network cable? Or an open WiFi? OR A PC WITH MILLIONS OF DOLLARS' WORTH OF BITCOIN ON IT? WHAT THEN?"
"...Just get the stuff out of the car!"
"Fooooiiiiiine. But we all know who to blame if we meet someone with a network issue and I don't have any tools for it."

• Like 2

Luckily it's a work car, so I don't even have to pay for gas!  I really need to clean it out.  There's two more boxes of network cable in front of the crap on the right, and one of the boxes of bridal rings broke, so there's 3 inch rings bouncing around between the tool boxes.

Edited by barry99705

Oh boy what a thread. i dont attend infosec meetings ect but what i do carry every day out side of that. 

Maxpedition. wallet with the norm wallet contents and  a sparrows mace and expansion set and a few blank access cards. 

one plus phone ( what ever is latest i always upgrade) ( custom nethunter rom) 

Leatherman multi tool ( mut eod) 

sparrows creeper case with a full set of south ord slim euro picks with out handles ( the only ones that you can fit a full line of picks in a small case) a hall pass also in the case aswell as three different sized z bars and tok tools in the case. 

and i guess a water bottle. 

items i carry depend on the day. 

why lock picks ? , i drink alot of energy drinks , sometimes 6 a day as im a tradesman and most of the time bathrooms that are nere were i am working are closed after hours so i like to be able to shit in a toilet and not in the grass. 

Edited by Alt3ma
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2018 at 3:36 PM, Alt3ma said:

one plus phone ( what ever is latest i always upgrade) ( custom nethunter rom) 

Good phones - even though they're Chinese.

I have Oneplus 5T ? 8GB RAM, 128GB storage.

More than my laptop..

Currently running SQL, PHP and lighttpd servers to host my own little database of tutorials, videos, music etc. etc. It's basically a pocket NAS that can quickly run my own custom website with a click of a button ?

No Nethunter though, sadly. Haven't rooted it yet either.

On 5/30/2018 at 10:07 AM, Dave-ee Jones said:

Good phones - even though they're Chinese.

I have Oneplus 5T ? 8GB RAM, 128GB storage.

More than my laptop..

Currently running SQL, PHP and lighttpd servers to host my own little database of tutorials, videos, music etc. etc. It's basically a pocket NAS that can quickly run my own custom website with a click of a button ?

No Nethunter though, sadly. Haven't rooted it yet either.

I love them they are a beast of a phone

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:36 AM, Alt3ma said:

why lock picks ? , i drink alot of energy drinks , sometimes 6 day as im a tradesman and most of the time bathrooms that are nere were i am working are closed after hours so i like to be able to shit in a toilet and not in the grass. 

Literally the best lockpick 'excuse' I've ever read.