Nano and Mac OS X

d4e5v8

Its generally suggested you use Linux or anything other than OS X because of the difficulties in making ICS work. It's possible, and you can find examples of how to do it and why its such a pain in the ass by searching. Someone actually made a pretty good guide, but Apple still make it annoying.

go to this post and at the bottom I have attached a .zip with a driver and instruction on how to. This has worked for me on 10.11.4, 11.5, and 11.6 so far.  Like Foxtrot said, Apple makes it difficult to get it working and come sept when they release the new OS file system they have created, I might not work anymore.  Let me know if this helps.

That is not an easy thing to do as apple pc's don't like kali (ubuntu and mint worked fine) and you will have to install rEFInd to get it to boot properly.  

On 8/13/2016 at 8:36 PM, b0N3z said:

That is not an easy thing to do as apple pc's don't like kali (ubuntu and mint worked fine) and you will have to install rEFInd to get it to boot properly.  

Thanks.

I have been succesful installing Ubuntu, I had to re-install rEFInd after Ubuntu again, I must have missed something, but it works fine now: dual boot Mac OS X and Ubuntu.

Cheers,

On 8/13/2016 at 8:36 PM, b0N3z said:

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2016 at 7:04 AM, MarcSThe1st said:

for me its easier to use an WiFi-Stick on the Nano (as wlan2) so you do not need ICS with MAC OS.

that is what i do a lot of times so i can access it from any pc in the house, but with above post i made with the zip file it gives you the required drivers and terminal commands to setup ICS on the mac with little hassle.  But like others have said, mac is tricky and likes to change things up so come sept when they roll out the new 10.12.1 all that could stop working and we would have to find a new method.  im not even sure that rEFInd will be fully functional when the new OS drops, so dual booting could get tricky for a bit.

2 hours ago, abelwho said:

Hi guy,

I am glad i am not the only one that has problem with duel boot macbook pro or mac

What OS are you trying to dual boot?

• Foxtrot changed the title to Nano+and+Mac+OS+X
  • 3 weeks later...
On August 22, 2016 at 8:04 AM, MarcSThe1st said:

for me its easier to use an WiFi-Stick on the Nano (as wlan2) so you do not need ICS with MAC OS.

How do you do that? ...I can't get iCS with MAC OS to work on my Nano. What kind of WiFi-Stick and how do you connect it to the Nano? And how do you access and set it up on the Nano. Thanks!

• Foxtrot changed the title to Nano and Mac OS X