USB tethering / Pineapple Juice 4000

BeNe

Hello Nano Users!

I use my OnePlus One with USB tethering to provide Internet for the Nano. This works just fine and is easy to use. My problem is the Power. Because my Smartphone consumes also from the Pineapple Juice 4000 in USB tethering mode which reduces the runtime massive :unsure:

I tested a "Data-Only" micro USB Cable which failed. (option is greyed out). Now i´m using the RALINK USB WIFI RT5370 adapter on the nano and connect both via wifi to get a higher runtime. Which means i´m unable to use my wifi on the phone for something else.

How do you handle this situation ?

Thanks & Greez

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work ... even if I disable developer options completely, with various cables the USB tethering option doesn't activate :(

So far the only platform I've got this working on is Window 10, but at least I know the hardware is working ok. (Sorry for derailing your thread)

On 08/08/2016 at 1:39 AM, BeNe said:

Hello Nano Users!

I use my OnePlus One with USB tethering to provide Internet for the Nano. This works just fine and is easy to use. My problem is the Power. Because my Smartphone consumes also from the Pineapple Juice 4000 in USB tethering mode which reduces the runtime massive :unsure:

I tested a "Data-Only" micro USB Cable which failed. (option is greyed out). Now i´m using the RALINK USB WIFI RT5370 adapter on the nano and connect both via wifi to get a higher runtime. Which means i´m unable to use my wifi on the phone for something else.

How do you handle this situation ?

Thanks & Greez

Just set up a hotspot on your phone and connect the Nano to That  hotspot thats what i do with my Oneplus one.

Yep, that´s exactly what i did :wink:

But in that case:

1. Now i´m unable to connect to another WiFi- Network around me to provide internet to the pineapple. So i need always a good Mobile connection
  2. It´s not that easy to forward Traffic and MiTM with the Nethunter on my OnePlus One. In NetHunter 3.1 is "Pineapple Connector" included for it.

I´m still searching for a technical way to stop consume power from the pineapple juice in USB tethering mode!

Screenshot_20160808-194419.png

If you have tethering activated on your mobile device it will not let you use wifi because the wifi radio that is connecting to wifi is also the hotspot so only one will work at a time. The USB tethering on the other hand will allow you to use wifi (im pretty sure dont quote me on that).  I have yet to get the Nethunter Pineapple section to work but also havent messed with it much.  Best way to get longer life while usb tethering is to make sure your phone is fully charged and dont run anything you dont have to.  So dont play pokemon go and try to use the pineapple at the same time.

Tethering is also dependent on your carrier,  my carrier does not allow it so im kinda SOL unless I modify my build.prop, but most will allow Tethering. 

If I connect my OnePlus One (cm13/Nethunter) to my laptop, USB tethering is enabled ... All good. However, if I connect my nano to my OnePlus tethering is disabled and I can't enable it (I've tried switching almost every USB option I can find). I've tried using Nethunter 3.1 but that worked even less :(

Is this supposed to work? Should the nano being recognised as an Internet connected device as the laptop is??

2 hours ago, kula66 said:

If I connect my OnePlus One (cm13/Nethunter) to my laptop, USB tethering is enabled ... All good. However, if I connect my nano to my OnePlus tethering is disabled and I can't enable it (I've tried switching almost every USB option I can find). I've tried using Nethunter 3.1 but that worked even less :(

Is this supposed to work? Should the nano being recognised as an Internet connected device as the laptop is??

have you tryed to use the wifi pineapple app from the app store instead of Nethunters?

52 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

have you tryed to use the wifi pineapple app from the app store instead of Nethunters?

Thats the one that asks have you enabled USB tethering when it starts? Yes, that's the problem, tethering is enabled when I connect the phone to the laptop, but disabled when I USB connect the phone to the pineA.

thats weird so your laptop will run off your cell network via usb tether but not the pineapple?  that sounds a little weird because if it works for the laptop it should work for the pineapple.  Tethering is a setting in the build.prop file on the root file system so it shouldnt matter what device you try to connect.  can you wifi tether?