Could I put the USB hacksaw on a blank CD?

fLUx

Hey everyone...

I'm just wondering, as I cannot afford a U3 flash drive at the moment, and normal USB sticks dont work, can I burn it to a CD?

If so, could somebody advise me on what to change (if anything), and what to burn.

Though, actually, is it possible to get it to auto start on a normal USB drive...?

Anyhow, thanks in advance! :D

fLUx

1. you can get a u3 flash drive 256 mb Very Cheap now, like $25.

2. normal usb drives can work... but a little different, you should probably read about the hacksaw in the wiki

3. since you cannot write to a cd partition, you cant do that

lol....yep, I know, but I am poor! (+ I live in the UK, where electrical goods are double the price of the US :!: )

OK, so if I can use a normal USB flash drive, then that would be great!

I have read the Wiki, and cannot work out how i could use it on a normal drive! :(

Could you give me some links, or step by step help, on what i need to do please? :wink:

Thanks alot! :)

fLUx

P.s. why do I need to write to a cd partition? what does the magic - cant I just create an autorun.inf, and autorun go.bat on a CD? or is it more complicated than that?

Couldn't you configure it to auto-run, grab the info it needs, stow it temporarily somewhere, chop it up (if need be), .rar it, then email it out to a preset address? (I think that was one of the techniques)
You should be able to do it like that.

1. you can get a u3 flash drive 256 mb Very Cheap now, like $25.

2. normal usb drives can work... but a little different, you should probably read about the hacksaw in the wiki

3. since you cannot write to a cd partition, you cant do that

wot ?

u can get a 1gb sandisk cruzer micro for €25 over here

a 2gb one costs €50 (ive got one of em :P)

If the box you're using it on has a cd burner you don't need to worry about emails. Just use CDFS(?) instead of ISO/UDF and you'll be able to burn on the fly. It's not exactly fast as I recall but it works. Or you could make it a multi-session disk and have it build the data on the hdd then move it over to the cd.

-gonffen