airodump-ng is capturing garbage on the tetra, false handshakes.

diabolic

I've had my tetra for a couple days now and i've been pulling my hair out. Following the standard procedures here: http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=cracking_wpa

I end up with fairly large .cap files that airodump says successfully captured a handshake (from wlan0mon). But when I upload those .cap's to onlinehashcrack.com they say they are invalid. Converting them with aircrack-ng to .hccap files works fine, but then running the resulting files in cudahashcat against my wordlist (with the correct wpa password in the list for testing) comes up with nothing. If i perform the same capture with kali linux and an alfa AWUS036NH the resulting .cap file is seen as valid by onlinehashcrack.com AND running the converted .hccap file in cudahaschat returns a hit no problem. I don't understand wtf is happening here. Thanks for any help!

I too have this issue with my Tetra, using the Site Survey module. Same results, huge cap files that claim there's a handshake but it's not really doing it. I've even followed the same process that you have by converting them because of what's being created.

Its hit and miss with site survey. At times I will get good handshakes and other times i get partial handshakes.  The partial handshakes will run through aircrack-ng and say there is a handshake but will not give me an error on Onlinehashcrack.com.

WOW, I thought I had problems, man every single module in this forum has serious issues, mainly that what the description says it does and what it actually does is TWO very different things, i should have stuck with kali n my wifi card I get better results, so far ive had this box for like a month and i cant get to work what I want , im sure some modules work but not the ones i want. i feel like i got taken for a ride

le

3 hours ago, hextor said:

WOW, I thought I had problems, man every single module in this forum has serious issues, mainly that what the description says it does and what it actually does is TWO very different things, i should have stuck with kali n my wifi card I get better results, so far ive had this box for like a month and i cant get to work what I want , im sure some modules work but not the ones i want. i feel like i got taken for a ride

These modules are made by the community for the Pineapple.  Not everything is going to be perfect.  You could always ssh in to the pineapple and run the commands by hand instead of using the GUI.