have you seen weired WiFi-AP in your area ?

rlbug

Hi all,

Its showing as android os mobiles like samsung,motorola,etc but the wifi access point ssid be like random letters with open access.
I have connected those wifi but there's no internet connection.
I am curious about the app and whats will be fun with it. 

capture.jpg

any suggestions?

Thanks

I'd be very tempted to use an RPi to access these and do some recon.

Leave them a hello. Might make a new friend, might get arrested :wink:

Disclaimer: My comments are in no way associated with me. You should ignore them.

2 hours ago, rlbug said:

how to leave "hello" by just connecting to that AP ?

You'd have to go a step further and hack something.

"Might make a new friend, might get arrested."

I make these comments for education purposes only :cool:

1 hour ago, haze1434 said:

You'd have to go a step further and hack something.

"Might make a new friend, might get arrested."

I make these comments for education purposes only :cool:

Its a open access and i can able to get connected but no internet connection.

sure, everything is educational purpose only.

which tool can you prefer for pen-testing android mobile ?

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 4:55 PM, rlbug said:

which tool can you prefer for pen-testing android mobile ?

Most Android phones can be targeted in the same kind of ways you would a PC, as they run on a Linux environment.

MSFVenom has a specific attack for Android phones called android/meterpreter/reverse_tcp.

NOTE - These aren't necessarily Android phones. This can be spoofed. They could be anything.

Edited by haze1434

@haze1434 Thanks for the tip. This type of pentesting which requires to install malicious (.apk) into my android mobile. so without installing any malicious code in android, is it possible to get control a android mobile ? other than installing the malicious code my android mobile more secure right ?

3 hours ago, rlbug said:

@haze1434 Thanks for the tip. This type of pentesting which requires to install malicious (.apk) into my android mobile. so without installing any malicious code in android, is it possible to get control a android mobile ? other than installing the malicious code my android mobile more secure right ?

Honestly, not that I know of specifically. Most mobile phone attacks take place via the Human element, such as social engineering. Phones can be pretty hard to crack through recon or brute force, as their ports are usually all/mostly closed, and the IP changes constantly.

However, if you are connected to the same network as them, their IP address internally would be static, such as 192.168.0.24.

You could try and recon this internal IP using Nmap, Netdiscover, p0f, Recon-ng and SNMPcheck. You may get lucky and find a port with a service you can exploit.

You could also try and capture some traffic, which could give you an idea of who/what is using the connection. Maybe Ettercap, Driftnet and Dsniff.

None of this is recommended against someone else's AP though. Testing your own is legal, testing someone else's without written permission is illegal and likely to cause you issues.

Edited by haze1434
Removed incorrect info.

Thanks for sharing info. so its hard to attack someone's mobile phone via fully-remotely. while searching on google there's a video about taping mobile conversations is easy for some people in the below video

:ohmy: 

thanks for tools 

This place is cool for learning new tech-things.

Edited by rlbug