Does the Pineapple NANO Support Bluetooth?

Jason_

Hmm, this is a very interesting idea. Obviously, the NANO doesn't have a Bluetooth radio natively, but I wonder if there is a Bluetooth dongle one could get to work in the USB port.

I am assuming that you want to "tether" in order to share your internet connection correct? As mentioned, if you are simply trying to access the management interface, than you could setup a third WLAN interface, and connect that way.

On a side note, you could check out this post. You are basically using a secondary "Smart" device to create a PAN using bluetooth.

I partly agree with captain here, but saying that the Pineapples basically work on openwrt,
and openwrt does support bluetooth so you could install the relavent ipk's and have a 
play around with it.

Just remenber the golden rule, backup, backup and backup.

regards
kerravon

Just now, Captain said:

Hmm, this is a very interesting idea. Obviously, the NANO doesn't have a Bluetooth radio natively, but I wonder if there is a Bluetooth dongle one could get to work in the USB port.

I am assuming that you want to "tether" in order to share your internet connection correct? As mentioned, if you are simply trying to access the management interface, than you could setup a third WLAN interface, and connect that way.

On a side note, you could check out this post. You are basically using a secondary "Smart" device to create a PAN using bluetooth.

Sounds like a fun idea. I'd be interested to see how it turns out if anyone follows up.

Ive plugged a bluetooth dongle into my nano and unless there is some software or even a module that would need to be downloaded or made, I dont think the bluetooth is possible.  I also dont know much yet about openwrt and all the packages. But on the pineapple there has to be some way to interact with the bluetooth dongle to make it connect to your phone or pc and you would need ubertooth device to really make it worth while to sniff inject with bluetooth