Tetra or Nano what one??

Primz

Terra or Nano what one to buy??  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What wifi pineapple device would you buy?

• Wifi Pineapple Tetra
    • Wifi Pineapple Nano

Hi all, hope everyone is having a good weekend. So I have been away from the forum for a while. Work, family and life in general. But while I have been away iv noticed in my absence the Hak5 team have popped out a few new pineapples so before I impulsively spend nearly $400 + shipping on both the new devices I was wondering is one better than the other? What would be the best device to get if I had to pick one? The tetra or the nano? Also how does the new devices differ from the MarkV? Is it just the hardware spec that is juiced up or is there more modules or better way of use? 

Personally I loved the Mark V as it opened up the doors for me to have an interest in Kali Linux and take a kali course and now am starting out in pen testing as a professional career but mostly tbh I only really used the pineapple for mitm attacks everything else was done via Kali. 

So I ask myself and the community this what one would you purchase is you had the choice of only one device? The Tetra or the Nano? 

Let me know your honest thoughts as my money rests app-on this vote. :) 

Primz

I think if your going to go for just one, get the Tetra.  It is the powerhouse and has more features than the Nano.  Also the Nano from what ive gathered is almost the same as the markV just smaller form factor and a new webUI which is very nice and very portable.  I got a nano and I wish i would have held out for the Tetra, but I think im just going to get a Tetra also.

If you're just going to get one to get one I'd recommend the Nano but if you're going to get one for professional reasons you should go with the Tetra. I have both and I develop all of my modules on the tetra because its smaller and more convenient. Also I always carry the Nano with me because of its form factor while the Tetra sits on my desk unless I need the power it offers. Really it comes down to what your budget is and if you want something you can fit in your pocket vs in a backpack.

Yeah the size factor of the nano is appealing but if purchased it will be part of my tool kit for pen testing. To be honest I do like the pineapple but with the markV I found it really just a mitm box so I hope the tetra put a bit more out than that tbh. 

From the way it's looking I think it's going to be the tetra and obviously at somepoint will get the nano but we shale see 

Going to hold off until the end of the month as decide then. 

I like the nano for the more shallow learning curve but the Tetra has been calling out recently.  It seems worse case scenario, sell one of them.