Unassociated Clients

jk303

Yes, look under Logging. You'll need to have PineAP enabled and have the Log Probe Requests option activated. Be sure to save your settings in PineAP.

The log should show the clients and the SSIDs for which they are searching.

If its the probes you are after, and dont want to use any karma / PineApp functionality:

CLI: SSH into your Tetra. Place an interface into monitor mode (eg airmon-ng start wlan1)

Then run"  airodump airodump-ng wlan1mon ". You togle thru the screens with "a" to just see the cliënts and corresponding probes. If you want to log the output use"  --output-format csv --write foo " as additional parameters.

If airodump gives an error saying the interface is in use : ifconfig wlan1mon down , before running airodump.

Thanks!

Hmm... I noticed that airodump via CLI had bit more results that it captured as far as SSID probes than the GUI LOG. In fact - watching it side-by-side right now, and SSIDs popping out in airodump that GUI never registers in either RECON nor in logged probes. 

If you really want good results and the smallest Chance of Missing a probe:

Place Both adapters in monitor mode and Run airodump wlan0mon,wlan1mon.  That way you cover more channels. Also giving --band bg makes it stick to 2,4ghz... super fast for logging mobile devices 

15 minutes ago, Smarty said:

If you really want good results and the smallest Chance of Missing a probe:

Place Both adapters in monitor mode and Run airodump wlan0mon,wlan1mon.  That way you cover more channels. Also giving --band bg makes it stick to 2,4ghz... super fast for logging mobile devices 

Good call - that is big difference. Tx

2 hours ago, Smarty said:

Mind telling me your use case?

While playing in lab i noticed some of my devices that were set to send out probes were not showing up on SSID list via GUI. 1st day playing with Tetra was wondering if there was more depth vs. GUI to validate/verify findings. Unassigned clients would in most cases be out-of-scope. I can see it being used for targeted 'marketing/stats' perhaps.