Which Pineapple product is BEST FOR WI FI LENGTH?

aiR

Hi,

If I plug GSM 900 - 1800 MHz Antenna into the computer will I get more results for wifi on my Windows machine?.

You know, so the GSM 900 - 1800 MHz Antenna is just an extender...

There was meant to be a device that picks up wi fi 2.5 miles away but got cancelled.

anyway, how what device can I plug into my computer that acts like a Ariel to search longer distance for free wi fi.

thank you.

If I plug GSM 900 - 1800 MHz Antenna into the computer will I get more results for wifi on my Windows machine?.

as Foxtrot mentioned about the band, no it won't.

There was meant to be a device that picks up wi fi 2.5 miles away but got cancelled.

I think you are referring to the ProxyHam or the replacement project HamSammich, but for both of those they don't just scan that range. You have to install a device at the free wifi you want to access and then you can pick that retransmitted signal up at greater distances, however your speed is going to be severely limited (dial-up modem speeds) and really isn't for what you are trying to do. You also have to be aware of transmitting signals and the regulations surrounding that stuff. There's some more details at this link about those projects but I'm sure you can find more information out there http://www.pcworld.com/article/2968232/security/hackers-show-off-longdistance-wifi-radio-proxy-at-def-con.html

The pineapple isn't going to be able to cover a great distance or provide very good speeds if you wanted to set it up as an extender, but like Foxtrot also mentioned that is not the intended design of the pineapple.

The best thing you can try would be a directional wifi antenna, but you would need to make sure you wifi card has an external antenna connection and you would need to make sure those connections work between the card and the antenna. At most though that's only going to get you an extra neighborhood block or so and you'll still see slower transmission rates. Something like this would be good https://hakshop.myshopify.com/collections/wireless-gear/products/16dbi-yagi-antennabut again you have to make sure your card has an SMA connector or you'll have to get an adapter for it to work with that antenna.