State of the Tetra and Nano

shadowmmm

Due to a lot of people asking in other threads I typed up this one.

We have noticed a standstill on Firmware and actually forum post's.

And the Threads are a total mess.

Can we get the main thread stickies up top with the latest firmware and maybe we can get some old

stuff cleared out that had no re valence .

We noticed your statements with things being crazy around hak5 and that Sara and others

are working hard. (Highly appreciate all of you)

Just could use some more interaction

just a thought from a hak5 supporter :)

While I cannot speak on the status of firmware, I have personally seen Seb's board of firmware things to work on a couple months ago. I can assure you that it's not at a standstill.

The NANO section has pertinant sticky threads as you described. Regardless the best place to view the latest firmware change log and download is https://www.wifipineapple.com/downloadsand that is for TETRA, NANO, MK5, and even MK4.

I believe it is safe to say that things are still busy in both the Hak5 and personal aspects of life.

• Upvote 1

While I cannot speak on the status of firmware, I have personally seen Seb's board of firmware things to work on a couple months ago. I can assure you that it's not at a standstill.

The NANO section has pertinant sticky threads as you described. Regardless the best place to view the latest firmware change log and download is https://www.wifipineapple.com/downloadsand that is for TETRA, NANO, MK5, and even MK4.

I believe it is safe to say that things are still busy in both the Hak5 and personal aspects of life.

wow, so now i see they are not even keeping up with the firmware on the newly purchased devices. maybe they need to bring in some more people to work on this - they sure don't seem to have a problem taking our money for the hardware. i have been disappointed in the status of the Mk5 development but now seeing that there hasn't been in movement on the newly purchased units I have even less hope.... They have taken in thousands of our dollars for the hardware - and now there is nothing but confusion on the forums for all the current devices back to the Mk5.

it's bad enough they only released the new firmware to the new hardware to push people to buy the new hardware and now they don't even keep up with that. the firmware should have been released for the Mk5 at the same time the new devices were released. instead they wanted to suck more money from us and now there is not even proper communication about any of it. the best feedback we get is - someone saw a project board *months* ago with issues and that they are busy with life.

Sorry guys but - that just isn't good business. I will check back in a couple months and hope for the best I suppose.

billbishere,

They are keeping up on the firmware. So that is a false statement. I'm not sure how you confused my "I have personally seen Seb's board of firmware things to work on..." interpreted as "zOMG THEY GAVE UP ON FIRMWARE". It is still being worked on and there are plans for the MK5, but things take time.

In reference to the firmware, it was a total redesign for the better on the new devices and would not directly port to older versions. With all things, improvements are made. You can't run Crysis on a Commodore 64 now can you?

• Upvote 1

wow, so now i see they are not even keeping up with the firmware on the newly purchased devices. maybe they need to bring in some more people to work on this - they sure don't seem to have a problem taking our money for the hardware. i have been disappointed in the status of the Mk5 development but now seeing that there hasn't been in movement on the newly purchased units I have even less hope.... They have taken in thousands of our dollars for the hardware - and now there is nothing but confusion on the forums for all the current devices back to the Mk5.

it's bad enough they only released the new firmware to the new hardware to push people to buy the new hardware and now they don't even keep up with that. the firmware should have been released for the Mk5 at the same time the new devices were released. instead they wanted to suck more money from us and now there is not even proper communication about any of it. the best feedback we get is - someone saw a project board *months* ago with issues and that they are busy with life.

Sorry guys but - that just isn't good business. I will check back in a couple months and hope for the best I suppose.

I'd like to make it clear and state that we have in no way stopped working on new firmwares for the NANO or TETRA. In fact, we are coming up to releasing 1.1.0 for both the NANO and TETRA devices, stabilizing each. Once we have done that, we are looking at some interesting big new features that we'll hopefully have ready before Defcon, but I cannot speak more on that yet.

I'm not exactly sure what confusion you speak of on the forums - the current firmwares aren't exactly broken. We are working on resolving all the bugs that have been reported to us, and in general ensuring that the NANO and TETRA are polished before we want to add more features.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

• Upvote 1

If you release new firmwares too frequently people will complain that you act in haste when there are still bugs left over. When you release them far apart so you can fix all the bugs at once you get people like billbishere who complain you've abandoned the project. Ridiculous. It's funny when non-dev types tell the devs how long they should spend on development.

• Upvote 2