OMG plz help with game explorer in vista

hakgipc

Could you take the time to explain what you're trying to do, rather than how you're trying to do it?

What does a non-programmer want with this stuff to begin with? It's to place a game in a special section of the start menu where parental controls can be enacted on it. What selfrespecting gamer would wish that upon himself?

Maybe he has parental controls himself and is a) the parent and doesn't want to let his children play it or b) wants to be able to control who plays the game eg. siblings?

If hakgipc has kids... I think we have a duty, as human beings, to call social services...

:roll:

ok u guys are getting the wrong picture about game explorer it is not only about blocking the games but its a rich games presentation and with nice thumbnail pics (box art)

so does anyone know about GDF and where to put them in the game so game explorer to add it

It's simple, you just need to compile your gdf file and the box art into an executable file, create a guid and pass both those to the AddGame method of an IGameExplorer instance in which probably messes around with the registry a bit. Then you need to create shortcuts in the right subdirectories (using the same guid of course) of you app data folder. Done.

Someone will probably do a small program to do this for non compliant games soon enough but right now you will need to be a programmer or good at fiddling with the registry to make it happen.

can u help me jool

When I wrote that someone probably would do a program to add games I was NOT volunteering.

hey how do i make all my gdf files to dll

You add the files as resources to a project in Visual Studio or something similar and compile.

does anybody know about AplicationID, if so how can i get it for a game?

From what I can see the application id they are using is just a regular Windows GUID which is just a random set of bytes in a special format. The value doesn't matter as long as it is unique. (GUID = Globally Unique IDentifier)

I still say that without a specially written application it will just be too much of a hassle to do all the steps manually.

gamesxplorerkw8.jpg

i have figured it all out WITOUT the pointless use of a GDF it is all in the regestry and the corosponding guid in a location in appdata if you would like to know how to do it i have made the registry part easy here you go.

just add this code into a .reg(for those of u that don't know)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionGameUXS-1-5-21-1911218397-1233525463-140444533-there is 4 digits go right here mine is 1000 depends on the user{xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}] -guid make sure its the same 4 all guid's

"ConfigInstallType"="3"

"ConfigGDFBinaryPath"="C:Windowssystem32GameUXLegacyGDFs.dll"

"ApplicationId"="{f4594233-9743-4353-a498-640413f67844} {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}"

"AppExePath"="C:UsersxxxxAppDataLocalMicrosoftWindowsGameExplorer{xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}PlayTasks0play.lnk"

"Genre"="xxxx"

"DeveloperName"="xxxx"

"Description"="xxxx"

"ReleaseCountry"="xxxx"

"Title"="xxxx"

"DeveloperUrl"="www.xxxxxx.com"

"BoxArt"="C:UsersxxxxAppDataLocalMicrosoftWindowsGameExplorerGamesBoxArt{xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}.jpg"

"TimeToRefreshBasicData"=hex(b):ee,6f,5a,b3,1d,2b,c7,01

"TimeToRefreshBoxArt"=hex(b):64,e4,9c,b3,1d,2b,c7,01

"LastRunTime"=hex(b):00,c2,0f,f8,8b,13,c7,01

Wait?

So now your 13?

What happened to being 19?

ok im 19, two my father happends to have plenty of money owning blocks and housing everywhere and he said he will buy a few stores for me, 3rdly as i said location can be bout as money is not a problem 4 me, 4th u dont know me, 5th ill own u anyday lawl :D

http://www.hak5.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p...ighlight=#40895