3/4g /LTE dongle support on tetra

sggga2016

not the most knowledgable person here by any means, but i think in theory we could compile our own drivers for openwrt that would work ... if it's possible? though the interface would still have to be coded to support it in that regard, but it would probably work via ssh if its possible to do.

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/3gdongle

We already include a lot of the drivers that the MKV supported, but we'll add more integration in the next few weeks.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

We already include a lot of the drivers that the MKV supported, but we'll add more integration in the next few weeks.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

thats great, do you know how to config the dongle ? there was an options pane in the mkV but i couldnt find it in the tetra ?

thats great, do you know how to config the dongle ? there was an options pane in the mkV but i couldnt find it in the tetra ?

That part doesn't exist yet. You can manually configure it using OpenWRT's network configurations though.

We'll implement it soon hopefully.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

• 2 weeks later...

That part doesn't exist yet. You can manually configure it using OpenWRT's network configurations though.

We'll implement it soon hopefully.

so this is just the same as copying a working Mk5 config from /etc/config/network

i have put the following in /etc/config/network

config interface 'wan2'
option ifname 'ppp0'
option proto '3g'
option service 'gprs_only'
option device '/dev/ttyUSB0'
option apn 'myapn.myprovider.fi'
option username 'apnusr'
option password 'apnpw'
option defaultroute '1'
option ppp_redial 'persist'
option peerdns '1'
option dns ' '
option keepalive '1'
option pppd_options ' '
and in dmesg i see
usb 1-1: GSM modem (1-port) converter now attached to ttyUSB0
however i cant get wan2 to appear as a valid interface
should there be 3g chat scripts in /etc ?

Im using a HUAWEI LTE USB Stick E3372 on the Tetra, it works out of the Box.

This is a Huawei "Hilink" device, so no need for ModeSwitching or Serial commands. I believe Hilink is the Huawei "name" for CDC_ether.

WHen plugged in to the Tetra it creates an eth2 interface. eth2 gets a DHCP adres in the 192.168.8.1/24range from the dongle. Just set "wan" to eth2 in /etc/network and your good to go.

If youré looking for a working LTE device to work with your Tetra, this one works perfectly!

This is a Huawei "Hilink" device, so no need for ModeSwitching or Serial commands. I believe Hilink is the Huawei "name" for CDC_ether.

WHen plugged in to the Tetra it creates an eth2 interface. eth2 gets a DHCP adres in the 192.168.8.1/24range from the dongle. Just set "wan" to eth2 in /etc/network and your good to go.

If youré looking for a working LTE device to work with your Tetra, this one works perfectly!

Hey man cheers for that!

• 1 month later...

Hauwei E173 is not a cdc ether device so will not work like i described above. It will need to go into gsm serial mode. So you need usb modeswitching for this one to work.

• 3 years later...
On 5/6/2016 at 11:11 AM, Smarty said:

Sry but where i can find eth2 interface? I cant find it in etc/network

Thx

Archived