Wireless cards for OS X El Captain?

ZaraByte

I asked this on the Kali forum but last time I looked I only had one person comment I was curious if any of you know of any wireless cards that work with OS X and El Captain for VM or not I've tried a few cards the one hak5 sells I tried its kinda buggy worked once then it wouldn't work so just trying to find some cards that will work on OS X and work in VM

If its a laptop you should look into the Broadcom BCM9435HMB, it works oob.

Desktop USB WiFi cards can be tricky because real macs have wifi built in, so my understanding is not many people make drivers for them. However my RTL8188CUS works well on El Capitan if I use realteks GUI to connect.

I have both the wifi adapters sold in the hak shop, but I run parallels VM instead of Virtualbox. Ive never had much success with Virtualbox and usb adapters, but parallels does an amazing job with usb devices, ive mainly used wifi adapters. While you have to pay for a product key for parallels (70) but well worth the money for what I do and works very well. I use it on my macbook pro 13 and love it.

On OSX there is a hidden GUI client https://ambroselittle.wordpress.com/2013/11/09/mac-wi-fi-scanner-in-os-x-mavericks/

or command line client http://osxdaily.com/2012/02/28/find-scan-wireless-networks-from-the-command-line-in-mac-os-x/

thats enough for checking the signal and use wireshark for sniffing packets, sadly no injection. But I find it enough for 8021x and WPA/WPA2 (if you can capture a handshake)

Otherwise I use an alfa networks card, and virtual box vm to perform the injection I need.