Jump to content

karma, filtering; SSIDs with spaces cannot be removed


rpcodes
 Share

Recommended Posts

1.0.2 Tetra firmware. Reboot, etc, problem persists. Closest I could find seems to be fixed: https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/37619-problems-using-filtering/

Applies to web console and command line. Command line dump:

root@Pineapple:/# pineapple karma list_ssids
XANADU-ZONE
root@Pineapple:/# pineapple karma del_ssid XANADU-ZONE
Sucessfully removed SSID XANADU-ZONE
root@Pineapple:/# pineapple karma list_ssids
XANADU-ZONE
I think the problem has to do with spaces, not sure how exactly Check this out:
root@Pineapple:/# pineapple karma add_ssid TEST-SSID Number 1
Sucessfully added SSID TEST-SSID
root@Pineapple:/# pineapple karma list_ssids
XANADU-ZONE
TEST-SSID
root@Pineapple:/# pineapple karma del_ssid TEST-SSID Number 1
Sucessfully removed SSID TEST-SSID
root@Pineapple:/# pineapple karma list_ssids
XANADU-ZONE
If I didn't know the "full" name of the SSID, I couldn't remove it. For now, where are these entries stored on the wifi pineapple so I can manually remove (all of) them? A button/command in karma to clear all filters would be great also!
Also note there is a blank entry that cannot be removed either. Anyone know a quick way to clear this karma white/black list without firmware reset?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Additionally I tried investigating using hostapd karma commands. I think I am just making things worse though?

> karma_del_ssid
Invalid 'delete Karma SSID' command - exactly one argument, SSID, is required.
> kamra_del_ssid Test-SSID Number 1
Unknown command 'kamra_del_ssid'
> kamra_del_ssid "Test-SSID Number 1"
Unknown command 'kamra_del_ssid'
>
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ssids seem to be kept in

/etc/pineapple/pineapple.db a SQLite database. This is what I see:

sqlite> select * from ssid_list;

id,ssid
1,"XANADU-ZONE
"
2,"
"
So I can clear by doing
delete from ssid_list;
then replacing modified database file. That works fine if I want to start over.
I did more digging, and Im not sure how it got into the state above anyway, where a newline seems to be appended. The issue started with the web console. But here is the table just using the web console again:
sqlite> select * from ssid_list;
id,ssid
1,Coconuts
2,"Added From Web Client"
3,HOME-A9E8-5
I will try and post more info when it happens again esp. if I figure out how to recreate.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...