Remote Shutdown

Sokar

So, with my TETRA today, i was testing it out and playing with it in the tatical bag. I needed to shut it down, so while on the 172.16.42.1:1471 site, I clicked shutdown. After a few sec, they wifi went away (as expected) but the red light was still blinking. I waited about 4-5 more min, the red light was still flashing, so I just unplugged it. Restart seems to work fine... but when I run the shutdown command from the website, I expect it to "turn off".... Is anyone else having this issue? Am I missing something?

The WiFi Pineapple can't really be shut down. All we can do is sync the file system and halt the kernel. It's possible that an LED is still on - I'll ensure to disable all LEDs once the WiFi Pineapple is "shutdown".

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Thank you Sir. The only other thing I noticed is the USB WiFi also had it's red light on (solid, not blinking).

While it's possible on some WiFi cards, I won't be able to control all LEDs on external devices. As long as the tetra still has power, there may be an led, especially on non wireless cards.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

The WiFi Pineapple can't really be shut down. All we can do is sync the file system and halt the kernel. It's possible that an LED is still on - I'll ensure to disable all LEDs once the WiFi Pineapple is "shutdown".

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Seb,

Just so you are aware, the red LED comes on whenever you start recon mode or activate PineAP, but once Recon has finished or if you deactivate PineAP, the light continues to blink until the power in completely killed. I'm not sure what the intent was but that's the behavior I've noticed. Just thought I'd let you know in since you were looking into it anyway.

Seb,

Just so you are aware, the red LED comes on whenever you start recon mode or activate PineAP, but once Recon has finished or if you deactivate PineAP, the light continues to blink until the power in completely killed. I'm not sure what the intent was but that's the behavior I've noticed. Just thought I'd let you know in since you were looking into it anyway.

This is because wlan1mon is still active after disabling PineAP (and for good reason)

If you want to disable the LED, kill the monitor interface with "airmon-ng stop wlan1mon"

This is because wlan1mon is still active after disabling PineAP (and for good reason)

If you want to disable the LED, kill the monitor interface with "airmon-ng stop wlan1mon"

So am I safe to assume the wlan1mon goes active when whenever recon and PineAP is activated and then remains on after either module is finished or deactivated?