YARD STICK ONE NOT RECOGNISED IN GQRX - UNKNOWN HOST

Hi, the Yardstick 1 does not get automatically recognised by GQRX and I cannot seem to figure out the exact path for the USB device as I get this error

"Unknown host (/dev/ttyUSB0)"

Does anyone know how I can get the correct path for the USB or have any saved configuration file that can help me. I have tried "lsusb", "dmesg" commands but it does not help much.Thanks.

Does not help because...?

Unplug the YS1. Run this:

cd /tmp
lsusb > lsusb.pre
dmesg > dmesg.pre

Now re-attach the YS1. Then run this:

cd /tmp
lsusb > lsusb.post
dmesg > dmesg.post
diff -u lsusb.pre lsusb.post
diff -u dmesg.pre dmesg.post

If you still can't figure it out based on this, it's probably because you're missing a driver, but post the output of those 2 diff commands here so we can have a look.

--- lsusb.pre	2016-03-29 09:45:57.566466539 +0100
+++ lsusb.post	2016-03-29 09:49:22.531062183 +0100
@@ -1,4 +1,5 @@
 Bus 002 Device 004: ID 5986:0315 Acer, Inc 
+Bus 002 Device 005: ID 1d50:605b OpenMoko, Inc. 
 Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
 Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
 Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub

Thanks I have done all that before. That only tells if the USB is attached but does not say the exact device path.

Using the code below, I can find the exact path but I am still not sure what the configuration settings are for the yardstick 1 when I start GQRX

find /dev/bus/

Please, can you tell me what configuration settings to use when I start GQRX -r or can you save your own configuration settings and send to me. Thanks

When you start GQRX, what are the build in sources? Are they like this:

built-in source types: file osmosdr fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd miri hackrf bladerf rfspace airspy

Note the absence of the yardstick one, as it is not a SDR, so may well not be supported.

It seems the Yardstick 1 is generally useless for its price since it is only compatible with rfcat. It is a better idea to buy a Raspberry pi or an Arduino and buy a transceiver instead for a cheaper price and better usefulness.

It seems the Yardstick 1 is generally useless for its price since it is only compatible with rfcat. It is a better idea to buy a Raspberry pi or an Arduino and buy a transceiver instead for a cheaper price and better usefulness.

Depends what problem you are trying to solve.

If you are in supported bands and supported encoding Yard Stick One is nice and simple.