newbi3

I was trying to add a portal from portal auth to my evil portal module. As my rom is completely full (I have tried factory reset and it has not cleared any files) I had the portal auth portal sent to my sd card. Yet it will not show as an available portal under evil portal (it shows any portals under root).

tl;dr How can I have portals that are stored on my sd be available in evil portal?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please post your questions in relevant threads instead of creating new ones.

Your question has actually been answered many times.  All you need to do is create a symlink to /sd/portals at /root/portals.  Make sure to move any portals you have in /root/portals to the sd card first.

9 hours ago, sud0nick said:

Please post your questions in relevant threads instead of creating new ones.

Your question has actually been answered many times.  All you need to do is create a symlink to /sd/portals at /root/portals.  Make sure to move any portals you have in /root/portals to the sd card first.

Thank you for linking me to the informative post.

Yet I still have problems as to where the terminal tells me that /sd/portals does not exist.

It is possible to add in a "Evil Portal" module a custom url, for example. Http: //portal.local in addition to making all traffic including 443 pass through that portal, currently only redirects 80.

I would like to take advantage of asking if there is any way to put the card in monitor mode from the GUI and then use the Site Survey module correctly?

52 minutes ago, vay3t said:

I would like to take advantage of asking if there is any way to put the card in monitor mode from the GUI and then use the Site Survey module correctly?

In the site survey module, there is an 'Interface' header, click it and there's drop down menus for which interface to start or stop monitor mode. If I have issues with something, this is one of my go to features.

7 hours ago, Medic101 said:

Thank you for linking me to the informative post.

Yet I still have problems as to where the terminal tells me that /sd/portals does not exist.

*update* Never mind. I solved that problem by myself. Thanks for the initial response!

Hi All, I m a new pineapple user, be patient :-)

My questions are:

1. Why if I create several portals, only the first one I can activate\deactivate? I see the portal I activate ((then it actually works), but in the module management the portal is not set as "activated"?
  2. How could I provide the portal to clients every time they connect? The issue is: once the client is connected,  the captive portal isn't no longer shown for each new client connection. Maybe I have to change something in the "Networking" tab.

I hope I was clear, thank you so much.

Ok, I will try. Thanks.

I have also another question :mellow: : how could I use this module without Internet connection and avoiding the clients connected to my PineAP can use my Internet connection. In other words: is it possible to take the credential filled in the portal forms without giving any internet connection to clients?

Thanks again 

Check out the github for @newbi3.  He has an update to the Evil portal that he has not completed and sent in to be the updated module on the pineapple.  The version on his github allows you to select a portal based on mac address or type of device ie ios or android or windows type devices.

22 hours ago, Rainman_34 said:

Check out the github for @newbi3.  He has an update to the Evil portal that he has not completed and sent in to be the updated module on the pineapple.  The version on his github allows you to select a portal based on mac address or type of device ie ios or android or windows type devices.

I installed this one: https://github.com/frozenjava/EvilPortalNano/  , it's taken from the @newbi3 post.

I can revoke the access to specific hosts and the captive portal is shown correctly.

Now I need some help regarding the DNS redirection (in order to not use my mobile traffic) and make the pineapple "standalone".

Thanks

2 hours ago, n3m3s1s said:

I installed this one: https://github.com/frozenjava/EvilPortalNano/  , it's taken from the @newbi3 post.

I can revoke the access to specific hosts and the captive portal is shown correctly.

Now I need some help regarding the DNS redirection (in order to not use my mobile traffic) and make the pineapple "standalone".

Thanks

So one of the "issues" with the program Evil portal is written in is that it must have an internet connection in order to work properly.  I put issues in " " because it is not the developers fault nor anything that could be fixed.  newbi3 used the best possible software he could to create the portal and still be able to give the most features.  One work around would be to use a wifi card and connect to another wifi network in the area and push internet to the pineapple clients that way.  If that doesn't answer your question send me a PM and I can try to work through it more with you that way.

18 hours ago, Rainman_34 said:

So one of the "issues" with the program Evil portal is written in is that it must have an internet connection in order to work properly.  I put issues in " " because it is not the developers fault nor anything that could be fixed.  newbi3 used the best possible software he could to create the portal and still be able to give the most features.  One work around would be to use a wifi card and connect to another wifi network in the area and push internet to the pineapple clients that way.  If that doesn't answer your question send me a PM and I can try to work through it more with you that way.

Thank you, you're right. I will send you also a PM message, maybe you want to help me with other topics :smile:

On 9/8/2017 at 6:48 PM, n3m3s1s said:
  1. Why if I create several portals, only the first one I can activate\deactivate? I see the portal I activate ((then it actually works), but in the module management the portal is not set as "activated"?

Anyone experienced this issue? :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Using evil portal I have noticed that it has some "problems" of functioning (they are not really problems)

• Https that does not get redirected
  • Need internet to work

Practicing in raspberry pi I was able to make a captive portal using the following rules. I do not know if they would work when editing the api of evil portal:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i wlan0 -p udp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to 10.0.0.1
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination 10.0.0.1
iptables -P FORWARD DROP

The truth is that solving these two points is fundamental for me. Any suggestions or help?

38 minutes ago, vay3t said:

Using evil portal I have noticed that it has some "problems" of functioning (they are not really problems)

• Https that does not get redirected
  • Need internet to work

Practicing in raspberry pi I was able to make a captive portal using the following rules. I do not know if they would work when editing the api of evil portal:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i wlan0 -p udp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to 10.0.0.1
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination 10.0.0.1
iptables -P FORWARD DROP

The truth is that solving these two points is fundamental for me. Any suggestions or help?

The iptables rules in the api are:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 172.16.42.0/24 -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination 172.16.42.1:80
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 443 -j DROP

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of time ago I posted this script on Evil Portal's topic. The PineAP works with openwrt, so the iptable chains are a little bit different than the ones in Debian for example, so it's hard to use a Pi to prototype the rules.

Here is my script, https://pastebin.com/zZhzqf91 the init section shows the rules to redirect traffic. HTTPS is hard to redirect because of HSTS and Certificates, either you drop it or you expect clients to authorised the self signed certificate (doesn't work with HSTS).

Hope it helps.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm new to WiFi Pineapple

I set up an Evil Portal however when clients connect to my WiFi Pineapple and browses a page (e.g. google.com), it takes them directly to that web page and not the evil portal without them being on the authorized clients list.

How do I fix this?

• 3 weeks later...
On 27.10.2017 at 3:09 PM, Bonsaiuser said:

Hello @ all,

so I'll to setup a new module for the lovely wifi pineapple.
since a few weeks exist a kind of vulnerability for some wpa2 implementation (4way handshake).

further reading:
introduction:   https://www.krackattacks.com/
sample code:   https://github.com/vanhoefm/krackattacks-test-ap-ft

at the first, how can i start this project. some hints for me, or somme else to help with the setup?

what OS is unning on the tetra, how to install manually dependencie. is a dev documentation available?

I'm know about https://wifipineapple.github.io/wifipineapple-wiki//#!creating_modules.md

cheers Bonsaiuser

Not sure why you have posted this in this EvilPortal thread... but in an effort to be helpful : -

55 minutes ago, Bonsaiuser said:

at the first, how can i start this project. some hints for me, or somme else to help with the setup?

If you have watched the pineapple lets code and read the wiki for creating modules that should be enough to get started, no?

what OS is unning on the tetra, how to install manually dependencie. is a dev documentation available?

It runs on Openwrt, you use opkg for software and you can get documentation from https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/start

FYI This code isnt the attack code, its to test if your AP is vulnerable, Part of that involved entering the SSID and password for  the AP your testing. I have used it on kali against my router.

• 5 weeks later...

I´m encountering some issues regarding the authorization. Whenever a client should actually be authorized and should see the message "You have been authorized successfully."  the client sees the message "You have not been authorized". But after I reload the page on the client end there suddenly is the success message. In the webinterface on the nano it also then shows the client ip under the authorized clients tab. 

I´m not quite sure if this is a bug or a mistake on my end. 

• 2 weeks later...

First off, I've been a Pineapple owner for almost 24 hours now, go very new to this. Reading through the post pages and maybe this has been answered but I missed it. I noticed that when I try to launch RandomRoll, that Evil Portal will enable itself as well. I rebooted the Tetra and made sure that Evil Portal was disabled, and it was, and then started RandomRoll, and went back the EP module and it was enabled and running. I've seen where others have stated that having both these modules installed will not work, but I actually had it working last night. I saw there was a version 2.9 of EP available on Github, will that possibly address the issues I'm experiencing? Or will I have to only have one of these modules installed at a time?

On 8/10/2017 at 4:06 PM, Rainman_34 said:

Troy hunt has a github repository that it Benign in nature but parts can be pulled to provide the look/feel of being online when really you’re unconnected.

https://github.com/troyhunt/PineappleSurprise.git

I imagine the connectivity tests be used in conjuction with evil portal to work around the need to be connected.

Maybe I just don't understand the problem, but considering one could run their own DNS server, I see absolutely no reason for the limitation, which is one of the main reasons my Pineapple collects dust. Even a $3 ESP8266 can do an Evil Portal without Internet, which is where I put my interest nowadays.

Archived