Jump to content
Hak5 Forums

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Medic101 said:

Thank you for linking me to the informative post.

Yet I still have problems as to where the terminal tells me that /sd/portals does not exist.

*update* Never mind. I solved that problem by myself. Thanks for the initial response!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All, I m a new pineapple user, be patient :-)

My questions are:

  1. Why if I create several portals, only the first one I can activate\deactivate? I see the portal I activate ((then it actually works), but in the module management the portal is not set as "activated"?
  2. How could I provide the portal to clients every time they connect? The issue is: once the client is connected,  the captive portal isn't no longer shown for each new client connection. Maybe I have to change something in the "Networking" tab.

I hope I was clear, thank you so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use dnsmasq spoof to spoof the DNS to the portal 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I will try. Thanks.

I have also another question :mellow: : how could I use this module without Internet connection and avoiding the clients connected to my PineAP can use my Internet connection. In other words: is it possible to take the credential filled in the portal forms without giving any internet connection to clients?

Thanks again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check out the github for @newbi3.  He has an update to the Evil portal that he has not completed and sent in to be the updated module on the pineapple.  The version on his github allows you to select a portal based on mac address or type of device ie ios or android or windows type devices.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Rainman_34 said:

Check out the github for @newbi3.  He has an update to the Evil portal that he has not completed and sent in to be the updated module on the pineapple.  The version on his github allows you to select a portal based on mac address or type of device ie ios or android or windows type devices.

I installed this one: https://github.com/frozenjava/EvilPortalNano/  , it's taken from the @newbi3 post.

I can revoke the access to specific hosts and the captive portal is shown correctly.

Now I need some help regarding the DNS redirection (in order to not use my mobile traffic) and make the pineapple "standalone".

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, n3m3s1s said:

I installed this one: https://github.com/frozenjava/EvilPortalNano/  , it's taken from the @newbi3 post.

I can revoke the access to specific hosts and the captive portal is shown correctly.

Now I need some help regarding the DNS redirection (in order to not use my mobile traffic) and make the pineapple "standalone".

Thanks

So one of the "issues" with the program Evil portal is written in is that it must have an internet connection in order to work properly.  I put issues in " " because it is not the developers fault nor anything that could be fixed.  newbi3 used the best possible software he could to create the portal and still be able to give the most features.  One work around would be to use a wifi card and connect to another wifi network in the area and push internet to the pineapple clients that way.  If that doesn't answer your question send me a PM and I can try to work through it more with you that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rainman_34 said:

So one of the "issues" with the program Evil portal is written in is that it must have an internet connection in order to work properly.  I put issues in " " because it is not the developers fault nor anything that could be fixed.  newbi3 used the best possible software he could to create the portal and still be able to give the most features.  One work around would be to use a wifi card and connect to another wifi network in the area and push internet to the pineapple clients that way.  If that doesn't answer your question send me a PM and I can try to work through it more with you that way.

Thank you, you're right. I will send you also a PM message, maybe you want to help me with other topics :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2017 at 6:48 PM, n3m3s1s said:
  1. Why if I create several portals, only the first one I can activate\deactivate? I see the portal I activate ((then it actually works), but in the module management the portal is not set as "activated"?

Anyone experienced this issue? :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using evil portal I have noticed that it has some "problems" of functioning (they are not really problems)

  • Https that does not get redirected
  • Need internet to work

Practicing in raspberry pi I was able to make a captive portal using the following rules. I do not know if they would work when editing the api of evil portal:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i wlan0 -p udp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to 10.0.0.1
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination 10.0.0.1
iptables -P FORWARD DROP

The truth is that solving these two points is fundamental for me. Any suggestions or help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, vay3t said:

Using evil portal I have noticed that it has some "problems" of functioning (they are not really problems)

  • Https that does not get redirected
  • Need internet to work

Practicing in raspberry pi I was able to make a captive portal using the following rules. I do not know if they would work when editing the api of evil portal:


iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i wlan0 -p udp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to 10.0.0.1
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination 10.0.0.1
iptables -P FORWARD DROP

The truth is that solving these two points is fundamental for me. Any suggestions or help?

The iptables rules in the api are:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 172.16.42.0/24 -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination 172.16.42.1:80
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 443 -j DROP

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of time ago I posted this script on Evil Portal's topic. The PineAP works with openwrt, so the iptable chains are a little bit different than the ones in Debian for example, so it's hard to use a Pi to prototype the rules.

Here is my script, https://pastebin.com/zZhzqf91 the init section shows the rules to redirect traffic. HTTPS is hard to redirect because of HSTS and Certificates, either you drop it or you expect clients to authorised the self signed certificate (doesn't work with HSTS).

Hope it helps.

Edited by oXis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm new to WiFi Pineapple

I set up an Evil Portal however when clients connect to my WiFi Pineapple and browses a page (e.g. google.com), it takes them directly to that web page and not the evil portal without them being on the authorized clients list.

How do I fix this?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dnsmasq spoof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27.10.2017 at 3:09 PM, Bonsaiuser said:

Hello @ all,

so I'll to setup a new module for the lovely wifi pineapple.
since a few weeks exist a kind of vulnerability for some wpa2 implementation (4way handshake).

further reading:
introduction:   https://www.krackattacks.com/
sample code:   https://github.com/vanhoefm/krackattacks-test-ap-ft

at the first, how can i start this project. some hints for me, or somme else to help with the setup?

what OS is unning on the tetra, how to install manually dependencie. is a dev documentation available?

I'm know about https://wifipineapple.github.io/wifipineapple-wiki//#!creating_modules.md

cheers Bonsaiuser

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why you have posted this in this EvilPortal thread... but in an effort to be helpful : -

55 minutes ago, Bonsaiuser said:

at the first, how can i start this project. some hints for me, or somme else to help with the setup?

If you have watched the pineapple lets code and read the wiki for creating modules that should be enough to get started, no?

55 minutes ago, Bonsaiuser said:

what OS is unning on the tetra, how to install manually dependencie. is a dev documentation available?

It runs on Openwrt, you use opkg for software and you can get documentation from https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/start

55 minutes ago, Bonsaiuser said:

FYI This code isnt the attack code, its to test if your AP is vulnerable, Part of that involved entering the SSID and password for  the AP your testing. I have used it on kali against my router.

Edited by Just_a_User

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I´m encountering some issues regarding the authorization. Whenever a client should actually be authorized and should see the message "You have been authorized successfully."  the client sees the message "You have not been authorized". But after I reload the page on the client end there suddenly is the success message. In the webinterface on the nano it also then shows the client ip under the authorized clients tab. 

I´m not quite sure if this is a bug or a mistake on my end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, I've been a Pineapple owner for almost 24 hours now, go very new to this. Reading through the post pages and maybe this has been answered but I missed it. I noticed that when I try to launch RandomRoll, that Evil Portal will enable itself as well. I rebooted the Tetra and made sure that Evil Portal was disabled, and it was, and then started RandomRoll, and went back the EP module and it was enabled and running. I've seen where others have stated that having both these modules installed will not work, but I actually had it working last night. I saw there was a version 2.9 of EP available on Github, will that possibly address the issues I'm experiencing? Or will I have to only have one of these modules installed at a time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2017 at 4:06 PM, Rainman_34 said:

So one of the "issues" with the program Evil portal is written in is that it must have an internet connection in order to work properly.  I put issues in " " because it is not the developers fault nor anything that could be fixed.  newbi3 used the best possible software he could to create the portal and still be able to give the most features.  One work around would be to use a wifi card and connect to another wifi network in the area and push internet to the pineapple clients that way.  If that doesn't answer your question send me a PM and I can try to work through it more with you that way.

Troy hunt has a github repository that it Benign in nature but parts can be pulled to provide the look/feel of being online when really you’re unconnected.

https://github.com/troyhunt/PineappleSurprise.git

I imagine the connectivity tests be used in conjuction with evil portal to work around the need to be connected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I just don't understand the problem, but considering one could run their own DNS server, I see absolutely no reason for the limitation, which is one of the main reasons my Pineapple collects dust. Even a $3 ESP8266 can do an Evil Portal without Internet, which is where I put my interest nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a long time since I've posted an update here. The next major release (version 3.0) is almost ready for release and I want to get it released by the end of this year. The last major thing left to work on is re-implementing the IP tables that handle who can and can not access the internet. This sounds like a simple task until you open the man page for iptables. With that said, I am looking for the help of a iptables wizard so if you are that person please let me know.

3.0 Ready For Testing

Evil Portal 3.0 has some new features that I am really excited about that need to be tested by someone other than myself. I may have gone over these before but I will re-state them here so they are easy to find.

  • SD Portals - Portals can now be created on or moved to SD cards easily through the web interface. They can also be moved between internal and SD storage very easily and existing portals can be migrated to the SD card with ease.
  • Toggle Commands - These are commands that will be executed when a Portal is activated or deactivated. These commands can be edited by clicking into the portal and selecting "Toggle Commands" from the top right of the Workbench. Currently these commands are only executed when the specific portal is activated or deactivated. I could change this so that the commands are executed when Evil Portal starts/stops in-addition to its current functionality. Let me know what your preference is.
  • Targeted Portals - A Targeted Portal is a captive portal that allows you to route clients to different pages based on implicit or explicit rules based on a clients Mac Address, SSID, Host Name, or Browsers User Agent. You can defined explicit rules to get a specific client or groups of clients or create an implicit rule defined by a regex string to cast a wider net. Clients that don't happen to match any of these rules will be routed a page called "default.php"
  • Complete Refactor - When I was working on this release I decided that the code was to dirty to be allowed to go into production so ended up completely re-writing the module. As much as I like to think that I re-implemented everything flawlessly, there are bound to be bugs with it.

You can pull this version of Evil Portal from development branch on the official Github repo: https://github.com/frozenjava/EvilPortalNano

If you find bugs please create issues on github and I will address them there!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×