newbi3

9 minutes ago, micadunet said:

but they say "Impossible" or something like when I try removing it.

Maybe they are in use?

yeah move or copy files, delete the /root/portals dir and replace it with a symlink pointing to the /sd/portals. On the BETA version of Evilportal it deals with portals location better and allows you to move back and forth using the module GUI.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

Maybe they are in use?

yeah move or copy files, delete the /root/portals dir and replace it with a symlink pointing to the /sd/portals. On the BETA version of Evilportal it deals with portals location better and allows you to move back and forth using the module GUI.

They are not in use at all... I don t know why... but I will try and try again. ?

Thanks a lot for your explanations. I really appreciate.

I hope the new Evil Portal update will arrive soon.

Thanks again,

Michael

@newbi3  And others, Is anyone else experiencing a lack of captivity when using EvilPortal 3.0 on Pineapple Firmware 2.1.0?

I'm seeing successful captive portal checks from my phones so no popup "sign in to use network"

EDIT - it seems this was my TETRA - i haven found the reason yet but i did the same install and operation on my nano and it worked fine... soooo i dunno, sorry ?

I've been having a similar problem, my problem is solved 90% of the time just waiting a few minutes and it seems to kick in, then it works flawlessly for me@Just_a_User

3 hours ago, b0N3z said:

I've dnsmasq running and it pops it up, just takes a min

Would you share what you have done in detail?

12 minutes ago, Baron said:

I've been having a similar problem, my problem is solved 90% of the time just waiting a few minutes and it seems to kick in, then it works flawlessly for me@Just_a_User

I had my phones on it for almost 20 mins and specifically typing in http addresses and was getting no redirects or network popup. i Also tried browsing to the pineapple on 8080... did you do anything specific? or just install evilportal 3.0?

Cheers guys

9 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

I had my phones on it for almost 20 mins and specificly typing in http addresses and was getting no redirects or network popup. i Also tried browsing to the pineapple on 8080... did you do anything specific? or just install evilportal 3.0?

Cheers guys

After the 2.1.0 update I did a factory reset, I installed evilportal just created a new blank portal and verified it worked on Live Preview and on a device, after that I worked on my own custom WiFi sign-in screen. I know this might be dumb, but you have the CaptivePortal service running right? And you activated the portal you are trying to use? No clue what your end looks like, but you might have the devices you're trying to connect with accidentally in the Whitelist/Authorized clients?

Might be worth it to backup your portal files and do a quick reinstall of the module.

1 minute ago, Baron said:

After the 2.1.0 update, I installed evilportal just created a new blank portal and verified it worked on Live Preview and on a device, after that I worked on my own custom WiFi sign-in screen. I know this might be dumb, but you have the CaptivePortal service running right? And you activated the portal you are trying to use? No clue what your end looks like, but you might have the devices you're trying to connect with accidentally in the Whitelist/Authorized clients?

Might be worth it to backup your portal files and do a quick reinstall of the module.

All good suggestions, im re installing now after a backup. this time on my nano.see how i get on.

out of interest are you activating PineAP before activating Evilportal or after?

Just now, Just_a_User said:

All good suggestions, im re installing now after a backup. this time on my nano.see how i get on.

out of interest are you activating PineAP before activating Evilportal or after?

Initially I started PineAP first, then the EvilPortal, now I have both services automatically start when the Pineapple boots. I hope my suggestions help, keep me updated.

26 minutes ago, Baron said:

I hope my suggestions help, keep me updated.

OK so its working on my nano as is...I have used it plenty in the past but this time really threw me when running it on my tetra - and was not getting anything popup or redirect.

Going to re flash the tetra and try again with it. Cheers for the ideas @Baron  

@b0N3z  is that the no internet method your doing?

1 hour ago, Just_a_User said:

I had my phones on it for almost 20 mins and specifically typing in http addresses and was getting no redirects or network popup. i Also tried browsing to the pineapple on 8080... did you do anything specific? or just install evilportal 3.0?

Cheers guys

I have EP 3.0 ( or 2.9 on the module manager ) and have DNSmasq running with the following list.  I don't know much about the format of DNSmasq list but this seems to work for me.  I ran responder on my android device and my friends iphone.  This list is basically from checking for updates,  opening certain apps, etc and this is what I came up with. Also make sure PineAP is running, im pretty sure EP requires it.

DNSmasq.log

works with or without internet, activate pineap, dnsmasq, and EP

Hi,

I've managed to setup an evil portal that captures form details, but I would like to get it to work when there is no shared internet to the pineapple.

I tried using DNS Masq to redirect captive.apple.com to 172.16.42.1, and it let a white window popup but the content of the evil portal was not there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, ovn1x

What worked for me is using a portable WiFi hotspot even without mobile data and internet access, it will act as a DNS blackhole(?) and will forward the clients to the captive portals.

Clients -> WiFi Pineapple -> Portable WiFi hotspot

13 minutes ago, ovn1x said:

When I connect to a wifi network with the pineapple it turns of PineAP. Do I need a pineapple tetra or something?

You'd need a third radio plugged into your Pineapple (NANO or TETRA).

11 minutes ago, Sebkinne said:

You'd need a third radio plugged into your Pineapple (NANO or TETRA).

How do I get a third radio plugged in and which one can I buy? I can only see two radio ports on the sides and I'm not sure if there are any that can fit into the USB port

54 minutes ago, ovn1x said:

How do I get a third radio plugged in and which one can I buy? I can only see two radio ports on the sides and I'm not sure if there are any that can fit into the USB port

You would have to get a USB wireless card such as the RT5370RT3070, or pretty much any Atheros based chipsets. We support a whole bunch more, but off the top of my head these are good. 

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, newbi3 said:

Version 3.0 has been officially released!

Nice one, thank you! @newbi3 any changes since 2.9 BETA?

EDIT - on FW v2.1.2 its not stopping http. not sure whats up. Im looking at  private function startEvilPortal() at the rules but dont see anything that could be causing it. I will reflash later after some testing and try again.

EDIT EDIT - Re flashed Tetra, upgraded tetra, installed Evilportal and uploaded portals. Evilportal finds portals, starts and previews portals, portal can be viewed by browsing to http://172.16.42.1:80 but seems  to be not changing iptables so not stopping connectivity checks or any http browsing

@b0N3z same for you?

@Just_a_User  I just installed it on my tetra this morning but I need to to a firmware recovery first and update to the newest FW for the Tetra.  I have 2.9 working on my nano and it works great.  Will be updating the nano sometime this weekend and testing both devices hopefully before monday.

13 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

Nice one, thank you! @newbi3 any changes since 2.9 BETA? 

There are bug fixes and some minor improvements I've made but no new giant features.

13 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

Re flashed Tetra, upgraded tetra, installed Evilportal and uploaded portals. Evilportal finds portals, starts and previews portals, portal can be viewed by browsing to http://172.16.42.1:80 but seems  to be not changing iptables so not stopping connectivity checks or any http browsing

I was having issues getting the portal to automatically open on my test devices so I reverted to the iptables used in 2.0. You can still use the ones that were in the 2.9 beta if you run:

module EvilPortal init

but I'm currently not supporting this ^. I'm waiting on future firmware features that will improve the filtering but this is what we have until then.

@Just_a_User and @newbi3  having the same problem with preview and actually viewing the portal on my tetra.  still using 2.9 on my nano and it works just fine.

Normally when setting up DNSmasq spoof, the choosen portal will show up on the landing page setting in the DNSmasq spoof module if EP is started and I cant even get it to do that anymore.

13 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

@Just_a_User and @newbi3  having the same problem with preview and actually viewing the portal on my tetra.  still using 2.9 on my nano and it works just fine.

I'm able to view preview for my portals.Some times I need to refresh the evilportal module page, Sometimes a get a nginx 403, But it can usually be found on http://172.16.42.1:80 even if preview isnt quite working all the time - yet.

Archived