5G Clients

dmc

Should I expect to be able to see clients on 5Ghz networks with the Tetra?

I've got the Tetra up and running but in recon mode, regardless of the scan time and whether in continuous mode or not, I never see any associated clients on the 5Ghz networks, even though I know there are clients connected and in close proximity to the device.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, I was wondering exactly the same thing. I'm playing with the tetra for a while now, but would love to use the 5GHz functionality now. Is there any update on when the firmware will come out that supports the 5GHz? Kind regards. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've got to admit, I've been pretty disappointed in the support the Tetra has received so far.  5Ghz support was a major selling point, and it's been broken since release.  The last update was mentioning as coming in a week... over 4 months ago.  What's going on?

Seb explained these are still in development stage so while it has 5ghz support, it is still being finalized for a stable release.  Also in other post Seb has talked about a big update for both Tetra and Nano around the time of Defcon which is less than a month away.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to admit, I'm kind of surprised (and really displeased).  I spoke to Seb at the Hak5 booth during DEFCON and he said he was uploading the 1.2.0 Tetra firmware the next day before his talk in the Wireless Village (which I had to miss due to prior commitments).  Now to find out over a week later it still hasn't been released, and the last post from Seb says the firmware is going up a week ago (didn't happen) before he's gone on travel.  

I'm really feeling dumb for continuing to give Hak5 my money.

7 hours ago, bearda said:

I have to admit, I'm kind of surprised (and really displeased).  I spoke to Seb at the Hak5 booth during DEFCON and he said he was uploading the 1.2.0 Tetra firmware the next day before his talk in the Wireless Village (which I had to miss due to prior commitments).  Now to find out over a week later it still hasn't been released, and the last post from Seb says the firmware is going up a week ago (didn't happen) before he's gone on travel.  

I'm really feeling dumb for continuing to give Hak5 my money.

I apologize. We discovered a bug that had to get fixed beforehand, and I have simply not been able to finish everything. 

Both NANO and TETRA firmwares are going to be released asap (hopefully today, but giving estimates has failed me before).  

• Upvote 1