[Official] Dwall

MikesTooLz

6 hours ago, swapsakker said:

I just did it.

1. Firmware Recovery (loads firmware 2.4.1)
  2. Manual update to version 2.5.4

Factory recovery info here: https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010471774-Firmware-Recovery  Be sure to download the correct factory recovery firmware.

Then do this for manual update to 2.5.4  https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360025819673-Manual-Firmware-Installation

•  

Yup. Just hold power button while you connect power source, manually change your connection ip to 192.168.1.2 and the gateway to 192.168.1.1 and upload the new firmware. just make sure to upload the correct file.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I havent been able to get this module to work since FW 2.2, somewhere around there.  Needs major updates, but I doubt it will happen since Seb is not with hak5 anymore

14 hours ago, b0N3z said:

I havent been able to get this module to work since FW 2.2, somewhere around there.  Needs major updates, but I doubt it will happen since Seb is not with hak5 anymore

Seb isn’t with Hak5 anymore? That’s a shame. Dwall works for me as long as my browser/os allows for the port 1337 socket connection to stick. IOS: Nope. Chromebook: Yes (after allowing ‘insecure connection’ and refreshing). Windows: yep.

24 minutes ago, cvers said:

i did a update with the module manager for Dwall on firmware 2.6.1

enable is oke but, when i say start listening, the only thing i get is a blinking pineapple symbol

on edge, firefox and chrome

How're you connected to the device? Sounds like a WebSocket issue.

1 hour ago, Foxtrot said:

I just pushed an update to the DWall module that should resolve issues that people have been having with it, since the 2.6.0 update.

Update it via the Module Manager.

Nothing happens for me on the nano either, i don't even get a blinking pineapple.  

Going to try a reboot see if that helps.  

EDIT

After a reboot all worked fine, from what i can tell. 

Thank you for updating the app.  

1 minute ago, Foxtrot said:

Kills it in what way? Kills the module or makes the Pineapple reboot? What kind of Recon scan? Specifics are required to diagnose issues.

I tried a 1 and 2 minute scan after about 45% the nano reboot's also the same when using site survey.

Pineapple Tetra 2.6.1 with DWall 1.3 not working cause of python hashlib giving the following errors:

root@Pineapple:/pineapple/modules/DWall/assets# /usr/bin/python /pineapple/modules/DWall/assets/DWall.py
ERROR:root:code for hash md5 was not found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 147, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 97, in __get_builtin_constructor
ValueError: unsupported hash type md5
ERROR:root:code for hash sha1 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha1
ERROR:root:code for hash sha224 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha224
ERROR:root:code for hash sha256 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha256
ERROR:root:code for hash sha384 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha384
ERROR:root:code for hash sha512 was not found.
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha512
  File "/pineapple/modules/DWall/assets/DWall.py", line 1, in <module>
    import WebSocketsHandler
  File "/pineapple/modules/DWall/assets/WebSocketsHandler.py", line 5, in <module>
    from hashlib import sha1
ImportError: cannot import name sha1

Anything that we can do about this ?

Also because running  
"
/usr/bin/python /pineapple/modules/DWall/assets/DWall.py"

takes a little bit to give the above mentioned error, the DWall module service existence validation (to check if DWall.py is running) actually passes meaning that from the pineapple tetra interface the DWall service status appears as enabled. This means that when we click "Start Listening" (button appears because the service check passed) nothing happens cause, well, one of the 2 services ("DWall.py") decided to crash in the meantime.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

We recently purchased Pineapple TETRA hoping it can serve in some demonstrations. I spent 2 days trying to make DWall work, but without any luck. It runs, but does not display anything on the screen.

Does somebody have recent experience on how to make it work  or what to check to understand why it is not working ?

Thank you

Hello, just made this account to post a (possible) fix.

-

As @Dudulica pointed out, this issue probably occurs because of missing / incorrectly linked python hashlib library. To verify,  SSH into the pineapple and try to run the Dwall script with:

/usr/bin/python /pineapple/modules/DWall/assets/DWall.py

If you encounter an error along the lines of:

from hashlib import sha1

then don’t worry. Try the steps below.

FIX:

Use Pineapple’s package manager to update python (from SSH, internet connection required😞

opkg update
opkg install python

Reboot the Pineapple, module should work now. If the problem still persists you can try to install python-pip with opkg and then download hashlib with it: pip install hashlib.

I’m using Pineapple Tetra with the newest firmware - 2.6.1. 

-

@PineAppleTetraDoesNOtWork, can you tell me whether this resolved your issue?

26 minutes ago, v3ded said:

Hello, just made this account to post a (possible) fix.

-

As @Dudulica pointed out, this issue probably occurs because of missing / incorrectly linked python hashlib library. To verify,  SSH into the pineapple and try to run the Dwall script with:

/usr/bin/python /pineapple/modules/DWall/assets/DWall.py

If you encounter an error along the lines of:

from hashlib import sha1

then don’t worry. Try the steps below.

FIX:

Use Pineapple’s package manager to update python (from SSH, internet connection required)

opkg update
opkg install python

Reboot the Pineapple, module should work now. If the problem still persists you can try to install python-pip with opkg and then download hashlib with it: pip install hashlib.

I’m using Pineapple Tetra with the newest firmware - 2.6.1. 

-

@PineAppleTetraDoesNOtWork, can you tell me whether this resolved your issue?

Some pointers as I can't seem to edit my previous post.

1) Starting of the module only works from the Management AP, otherwise hangs on the pineapple logo.
2) POST data doesn't get captured properly.

It goes without saying that it would be best to wait for an official patch (if there ever will be one) rather than reinstalling the whole python package like I suggested. Do this at your own risk please, installing newer python version may break some other modules. Although unlikely, it's still possible.

On 10/18/2019 at 4:51 PM, Seifhassan said:

i tried Dwall not working with last firmware 2.6.2

I am really disapointed with pinapple Tetra, most of modules has problems even installing dependencies...

As you can find around the forum due to a recent firmware upgrade that had a major update of OpenWRT modules are in need of update to be compatible.  There are undated modules being released over time and possible downgrade methods of firmware to regain use of modules.  

Here is a list of statues related to modules working in 2.6.x firmware: 

And you may try doing a firmware recovery: https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010471774-Firmware-Recovery  Possibly followed by a manual upgrade to version 2.5.4 https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360025819673-Manual-Firmware-Installation

More info can probably be found on the forum if anyone has been successful at getting the module to work on older firmware.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, cybergeek said:

just got a tetra and tried the dwall. having same issue as everyone here with pineapple animation just looping. anyone have a real solution?

I had to downgrade to 2.5.4 and use DWall v 1.2 .  Some things I noticed.  If I connect from USB/ETH interface (172.16.x.x) some modules work, whereas they do not work if my pineapple has its own ethernet connection and I remote it via that network.  

Archived