nano ssh password

Mr.Freeze

Just bought the pineapple nano to to start experimenting with since I plan to make networking security a career. I have a macbook pro and am trying to change the addresses on the pineapple to match my ICS, but the issue I am having is I don't know the ssh password. I have tried every password i could think of and have found in guides. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

I have tried that and for some reason I couldn't connect and I guess all the attempts has locked me out. This is the error message I'm getting.

You need to re-add it to your known hosts. (It's a file in /var/root/.ssh/)

I've you don't know what this is, and you don't use ssh for anything else, it's probably save to just rename or remove it.

Run this command and try it again.

mv /var/root/.ssh/known_hosts /var/root/.ssh/known_hosts_backup

Whenever you connect to a device with ssh, your computer will save a fingerprint of the device.

This is saying that the fingerprint of the device is different from what it expects, so it's blocking it. (Happens whenever you do a factory reset or something.)

Edited by Fallen Archangel

You need to re-add it to your known hosts. (It's a file in /var/root/.ssh/)

I've you don't know what this is, and you don't use ssh for anything else, it's probably save to just rename or remove it.

Run this command and try it again.

mv /var/root/.ssh/known_hosts /var/root/.ssh/known_hosts_backup
Whenever you connect to a device with ssh, your computer will save a fingerprint of the device.

This is saying that the fingerprint of the device is different from what it expects, so it's blocking it. (Happens whenever you do a factory reset or something.)

Or, incase you do use SSH... nano the known_hosts fileand remove the line beginning with 172.16.42.1.

Also, don't do sudo ssh xxx, simply do ssh root@172.16.42.1.

As you're using an Mac you should check the known_hosts file in the folder

/Users/YOURUSERNAME/.ssh/ 

YOURUSERNAME is the account on your Mac.

I had a similar issue after updating all the ssh-moduls from opkg ;) - Just backup the known_hosts file (like rename it). Connect to the pineapple and you're done..

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles Yes

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles No

use the first command in the terminal and then reset Finder by going to Force Quit under the apple logo (top right)

then go to your home folder and click .ssh folder and you can edit the ssh host that have connected or delete them.

when your done type the second command to hide your files again and reset Finder one more time and boom your set

• 5 weeks later...

Hi every1 this is I'm 1st post,I'm having a problem ssh into nano ,from laptop running latest Kali,

ssh root&172.16.42.1

root&172.16.42.1's password:

My problem is as soon as I click enter on ssh root@172.16.42.1 and the next bit to enter the password I can not type anything (keyboard stops working) well I say stops, I can press enter,but nothing is typed. And I get permission denied, please try again. Has any1 got any ideas?

I can connect through iceweasel on Kali and Firefox on Windows 10

Dual boot on laptop with Windows 10 loading with no user input, and Kali booting from boot menu.

My keyboard works fine on everything even terminal untill I need to input the password

It will not show you feedback that characters are typed in. So if you are expecting to see like:

Push a key

root@172.16.42.1's password:*

Push another key

root@172.16.42.1's password:**

You wont see that. Just type your password and hit enter when completed. That should get you in.

If that's not the issue then I will see if I can dig around on the internet to find a cause/solution. I hope this post doesn't come across as offensive, but I have no clue of experience levels of people.

• Upvote 1

And no it's not offensive, I am a noob, I don't have the knowledge some of you have,I bought the nano to learn, .... I didn't just make a post without looking first, I searched and found something similar as in ssh. And made a post there, it could be a known issue or a new issue that no1 has had before, all I know for certain is, I can get on the nano from Firefox on Windows and iceweasel from Kali I just can't ssh from terminal. Thankyou again for your time

)hi thankyou for what you said,i realised what i was doing was expecting it to show, and after i had pressed the 1st charecter and nothing showed, i was typing my password,it was wrong, even if i tried to delete anything then typing it out again and trying. logging in fine today now thanks

it is very true, something is only as good as the person using it.

problem = me
problem solved by just typing my password and pressing enter

but i am learning

thankyou again again Mr-Protocol