Problem Internet-Connection after using the pandora Rip-hack

Masursky

Hello everybody, i hope someone can help me.

I tried out the pandora rip-hack ( http://www.hak5.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=983), and everything worked fine for me.

But now all my browsers (opere, firefox, ie7 (6)) need more then a minute to open a website.(Pandora-Rip is not active)

I tried to solve the problem by adware, tuneup, virus-scan...but nothing works.

Perhaps someone had the same problem, so i do not need to reinstall windows.

Thanks for help,

Masursky.

It isnt my ISP cause on my laptop everything works fine...

What part of loading a page takes the longest?

I think everything...it seems as if the browser has no internet-connection and after 20-30 secs. he finds it and builds the first part of the website i want to open. After further secs. he opens the pics of the site. It takes almost 1 min till it gets everything.

Thanks for help,

Masursky.

Are you using a proxy? Has/have your connection/browsers/internet setup been hijacked? Are you using unsecured wireless?

Nothing of that. And again, my other pcs are working fine. The problems i mensioned happen only on the pc i used to install the pandora rip-hack. So i suppose my problem is connected with this rip-hack.

Thanks for help,

Masursky.

I can assure you that nothing is being installed behind your back with Pandora's Jar.

What it sounds like is that your DNS lookups are taking forever. This typically means that one of the DNS servers you have configured for your connection isn't responding in time. Try oopening a dos box and pinging an internet address. Ping will first translate the domain to an IP address using DNS, and only then start pinging the found server. If that first part takes a long time, your issues are clearly with DNS. In that case, call your ISP and ask if they changed something.

Also, check out your hosts file ( from the top of my head: %WINDOWS%/System32/drivers/etc/hosts ). It's plain-text, just drag it into notepad. The file should be virtually empty unless added something (which I would assume you'd be aware of doing).

If that first part takes a long time, your issues are clearly with DNS.

It doesnt take a long time. Its absolut normal. Actually i can play games without any problems. Only websites take so long to open...

Also, check out your hosts file

Checked, nothing wrong with that...:( I think only reinstall can solve the problem...thats the crap about dll's...

Greetings and thanks for trying,

Masursky,