film

What one do you think is best to get  

38 members have voted

1. 1.

• Wii
    • DS
    • DS Lite
    • GP2X

that is ridiculous question to ask without more info. what is your goal in getting one? do you want to be able to run apps on it? gp2x. want portable gaming with commercial games? ds variant (i'd go lite). want a stationary console with innovative gameplay? wii.

the wii is incomparable to the others as it serves a different role imo.

the decision would be easier (but still very dependent on what you want out of it) if it was a toss up between gp2x and ds.

Personally however, i'd buy the wii. the psp serves my portable gaming. and i already have way too many projects to work on with my desktop and laptop to even consider getting a homebrew dependent device like the gp2x.

so, to sum up: what do YOU want out of the unit you get? innovative but stationary gameplay? some cool projects to work on? or great portable gaming with large number of games?

Umm what's a gp2x, Ive never heard of it?

...I just looked It up on wikipedia!

They sound awesome! How much do they cost? I want I want I want!

BTW wheres the option for buying a new computer/upgrades.

If you don't want to do something to your computer...get the gp2x!

I love my GP2x, but I am finding I only play it when I travel, I used to travel alot more than I do now.... so now it pretty much collects dust

I say if you travel and want alot of bang for little buck, get the GP2x, if you wanna play at home, why sit at a chair on a 3" display when you have a nice big screen in the room, get the wii.

To me, that GP2x looks stunning!

2 processors and an SD slot.... There are WiFi cards that run from an SD slot!

The Linux SDIO stacks are still for the most part in their infancy it would appear but the potential here is tremendous.

If it was my own money being spent here, I'd go with the GP2x, primarily because I am a dev and quite capable to build my own apps for this platform, making this system infinately more useful to me.

The only thing missing is a keyboard, really.

Quick update:

It gets even better... http://www.spritesmods.com/?art=gp2xusb

You can make your GP2x an USB host adapter! All those nifty USB peripherals like keyboards, cameras, WiFi cards and what have you that are USB-capable should work with this machine! You just need to do a bit of soldering. :)

To me, that GP2x looks stunning!

2 processors and an SD slot.... There are WiFi cards that run from an SD slot!

The Linux SDIO stacks are still for the most part in their infancy it would appear but the potential here is tremendous.

If it was my own money being spent here, I'd go with the GP2x, primarily because I am a dev and quite capable to build my own apps for this platform, making this system infinately more useful to me.

The only thing missing is a keyboard, really.

Quick update:

It gets even better... http://www.spritesmods.com/?art=gp2xusb

You can make your GP2x an USB host adapter! All those nifty USB peripherals like keyboards, cameras, WiFi cards and what have you that are USB-capable should work with this machine! You just need to do a bit of soldering. :)

Seriously dude, you have got to own stock in this company or something. A those mods have been out for a while, and B, the system is buggy as hell, and C. those dual processors are not that special, they are pretty much old compact iPaq dingers....

(The alpha GP2X was sooo much better, the button (joystick) was smoother, and they had a much better samsung screen).

My buddy works at a research lab (can't say or he will possibly get shit for showing outside people products) that all they build are portable devices, the GP2x is fun and cute and all, but the hype is bigger than the reality on it...