Getting the Pineapple to work with Mac

rookford343

MacBook Pro 15 inch, mid 2009 (macbookpro5,3), OSX El Capitan 10.11.3

Just to add my two cents worth to this thread on Mac OSX and the Tetra, I have got everything working following advice from this forum.

The Realtek driver (link here) is a bit tricky but once the most up-to-date is installed, things seem to work well.

ZTerm, although dated, works well and allows serial connection (second micro usb labelled UART), if that type of control is needed.

Internet sharing is easy with the Sharing tab in system preferences. I selected sharing the WiFi with the USB 10/100 LAN and added the following commands to a script to enable El Capitan to play nicely.

defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.nat NAT -dict-add SharingNetworkNumberStart 172.16.42.42

defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.nat NAT -dict-add SharingNetworkNumberEnd 172.16.42.200

defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.nat NAT -dict-add SharingNetworkMask 255.255.255.0

Great device. I am very happy with my Tetra.

• 3 weeks later...

MacBook Pro 15 inch, mid 2009 (macbookpro5,3), OSX El Capitan 10.11.3

Just to add my two cents worth to this thread on Mac OSX and the Tetra, I have got everything working following advice from this forum.

The Realtek driver (link here) is a bit tricky but once the most up-to-date is installed, things seem to work well.

ZTerm, although dated, works well and allows serial connection (second micro usb labelled UART), if that type of control is needed.

Internet sharing is easy with the Sharing tab in system preferences. I selected sharing the WiFi with the USB 10/100 LAN and added the following commands to a script to enable El Capitan to play nicely.

defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.nat NAT -dict-add SharingNetworkNumberStart 172.16.42.42

defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.nat NAT -dict-add SharingNetworkNumberEnd 172.16.42.200

defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.nat NAT -dict-add SharingNetworkMask 255.255.255.0

Great device. I am very happy with my Tetra.

Them last three lines were what I needed. Now ICS works flawlessly on El-Capitan natively.

• 4 weeks later...

Those last three lines are what I needed also and it works excellent. Im using a nano.

• 2 weeks later...

Working ok on OS X 10.11.3 BUT had to reboot (combination of times) before I saw it show up. 

Installed drivers from realtek; rebooted mac; (had to do this 2x - 2nd time I disconnected Tetra from MAC). Then I noticed USB 10/100 LAN adaptor show up in System Information -> Network. Then I connected Tetra, no DHCP, i rebooted Tetra, boom, got IP. 

Took few times before I actually saw things working BUT had to reboot/re-connect few times, that did the trick for me. 

On 5/8/2016 at 2:28 PM, b0N3z said:

Those last three lines are what I needed also and it works excellent. Im using a nano.

Did you also add default GW on Tetra to your MAC USB Interface IP and setup ip.forwarding on mac for Tetra to get internet Access via mac? Not having luck with this.

11 minutes ago, jk303 said:

Did you also add default GW on Tetra to your MAC USB Interface IP and setup ip.forwarding on mac for Tetra to get internet Access via mac? Not having luck with this.

Did you install the driver from the previous post?  If not install the driver and then run the terminal command

after that go to  your system pref and select sharing and while not sharing select your internet interface and select AX88x72A to share internet.  It might be called something different i have a nano.  Also select manual DHCP settings from the network settings and enter 172.16.42.42 for the IP address and after all that it should work.

I had SIP disabled when I set it up, but after I installed the second OS on my machine, I reenabled SIP and it still works fine.