What does the led mean?

simonec

Thank you.

I am struggling right now with the different power options, because I am trying to power the Tetra by using batteries alone (the two PA Juice, for instance) without connecting it to my PC, but using the Wireless Management AP. I keep getting funny combinations of the leds and I seem not to be able to connect to the Tetra. As I said, the only functioning combination seem to involve using the split USB cable connected to the PC and to a battery.

One of those combinations is Yellow and Blue leds on, while eth0 is not really engaged. I suspect that this is a diagnostic message of some sort. Do you happen to know what does it mean?

A complete list of those diagnostic messages would be greatly appreciated.

The leds look like they are customizable. Here is what the /etc/config/system presents:

config led
option name 'wlan0'
option sysfs 'tetra:blue'
option trigger 'netdev'
option dev 'wlan0'
option mode 'link tx rx'

config led
option name 'wlan1'
option sysfs 'tetra:red'
option trigger 'netdev'
option dev 'wlan1mon'
option mode 'link tx rx'

config led
option name 'wan'
option sysfs 'tetra:yellow'
option trigger 'netdev'
option dev 'eth0'
option mode 'link tx rx'

Cheers.

At boot the LED sequence is Yellow solid, followed by 15 seconds of no LED, then Blue Blinking until bootup is complete.

Once booted, the LEDs indicate the following:

Blue: wlan0 (almost always on unless you manually disable the radio)

Red: wlan1mon (used for sniffing/injection by PineAP)

Yellow: eth0 (for instance if you have the TETRA plugged into a wired network)

Regards,

Darren

• Upvote 1

• 4 years later...
5 hours ago, chrizree said:

tried: ifconfig wlan0 down ?

Yeh I get ole' linux way of doing so, but I won't tie in persistence.. so on bootup.. the radio's are disabled.. and then manually enable them everytime I bootup and want to use pineapple.
I'll script in the disablement from a persistence perspective.. but keen for you to share your linux thoughts on doing so regardless.

30 minutes ago, mpgioia said:

Yeh I get ole' linux way of doing so, but I won't tie in persistence.. so on bootup.. the radio's are disabled.. and then manually enable them everytime I bootup and want to use pineapple.
I'll script in the disablement from a persistence perspective.. but keen for you to share your linux thoughts on doing so regardless.

Like something like this I presume..
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/335171/disable-lan-connection-at-startup-in-debian