Tabing In Cs Resets My Pc

film

Hi, well today i was playing cs and i tabed out and it was fine tabed back in to carry on with my game and a second later my msn went off so tabed out again and my pc just reset. This only happen when im on Cs does anyone know what the problem can be or is it nothing to do with CS and just a coincidence.

My guess is that you're blue-screening, and your computer is automatically rebooting.

So Right-click on My Computer>Properties>Advance>Settings(Startup and Recovery)>Uncheck "Automatically Restart".

Then tab out of CS, and if it gives you a blue-screen, give us the error it displays.

Edit: Sparda, just outta curiosity, do you really think hes that stupid :p, honestly, I think most people know two things about computers. 1. They need electricity. 2. Reset button resets the computer.

my guess is the graphics card/driver's playing up...

Taking this comment to mind...

Is this an ATI card?

BORIS U F*CKING GFX-ist !

u goddamn nvidea fanboy ....

this doesn't have anything to do with ati or nvidea , he's just a nub ....

junior m8 u and me both kno steam has spontanious crashes you just whitnessed a harder one thats it dont break ure head about it ....

My friend's PC had a similar problem where it would randomly reset during various tasks. Apparently his hardware wasnt being provided with enough juice from his power supply unit. He upgraded his PSU power and didnt happen again.

If you recently added anything to your rig I believe you also have a PSU that isnt providing enough juice.

Is this an ATI card?

this doesn't have anything to do with ati or nvidea ' date=' he's just a nub ....

junior m8 u and me both kno steam has spontanious crashes you just whitnessed a harder one thats it dont break ure head about it ....[/quote']

You giant n00b... I have only known such strange problems to occur with ATI cards. I have never had any problems with nVidia cards....

this doesn't have anything to do with ati or nvidea , he's just a nub ....

junior m8 u and me both kno steam has spontanious crashes you just whitnessed a harder one thats it dont break ure head about it ....

Methinks this one has been corrupted by the 'shiny things' of ATI.

My guess is that you're blue-screening, and your computer is automatically rebooting.

So Right-click on My Computer>Properties>Advance>Settings(Startup and Recovery)>Uncheck "Automatically Restart".

You where right ... ok here is a picture of what my blue screen:

Bluescreen.jpg

I have been reading stuff and seems to be somthing to do with the ram (i think) :P

ATI2DVAG.DLL

Try uninstalling DX9c and Video drivers, and try just the basic catalsyt drivers not all the fuzz, then put DX9c back on and try it... Or just X out IM when your playing.... I mean come on your playing a damn game, what could be so important someone can't wait?

In this day of cell phones and IMs and such, what ever happened to just taking a hour of your day to yourself?

(people hate my policy on when and how frequent I just turn my cell off hahahaha, some get sooo flamed by it, it honostly seems like a prank call when I check my voice mail).

http://www.rage3d.com/board/archive/index....t-33673395.html

^ Link might be something to look at a few MS Website solutions located on there... or to at least get an Idea...