problems using filtering

kimchibowl

Let me start off by saying thank you to the Hak5 team for working hard to get the pineapples out to everyone who ordered the first batch, I'm impressed with build quality, interface and everything included in the box. If this is not the place for a problem like this please let me know. I'm not sure if I should be submitting a bug report, or I have done something wrong to have this problem.

problem 1:

I am unable to use any of the features in the filtering tab of the web interface. Adding a mac address from the recon tab reports with a message of "Acton completed successfully.", but nothing is added to the mac address list in filters tab. The same is true for adding an ssid to the filtering pool from the recon tab.

problem 2:

I am unable to manually add a mac address or ssid in the filtering tab. Entering something in either text field and clicking add has no effect.

problem 3:

Setting the "Target MAC" field in pineAP to something other than FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF causes the pineapple to reboot (crash?)

-pineAP runs stable when I set it to just capture ssids to pool

-I have no problems with crashing or restarting unless I change the target MAC in pineAP

-pineapple is being powered by usb Y cable in eth port, connected to powered usb hub

-pineapple internet connected by usb eth port to linux box running wp6.sh

-I have not been able to try any other features as I need MAC filtering to only connect to devices that I own and am able to test on.

Hey guys,

I have a comparison of running the same commands on the mkV and the Tetra:

mkV:
root@Pineapple:~# pineapple karma list_macs
root@Pineapple:~# pineapple karma add_mac 00:11:22:33:44:55
Sucessfully added MAC 00:11:22:33:44:55
00:11:22:33:44:55
root@Pineapple:~#
tetra:
root@Pineapple:~# pineapple karma add_mac 00:11:22:33:44:55
Sucessfully added MAC 00:11:22:33:44:55
root@Pineapple:~#
Any idea why the tetra won't add mac addresses to the blacklist? Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

• 5 months later...

also, cannot remove on command line, the command seems to complete successfully, but the mac re-appears:

pineapple karma del_mac xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

Sucessfully removed MAC xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

root@xxxx:~#  pineapple karma list_macs

xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived