Jump to content

General TETRA Discussion


Recommended Posts

Does anyone know anything about that "Friday thing" mentioned in today's Hak5 video? or what I'm guessing is a new PineApple firmware release or at least a new Krack module

****EDIT****  (after watching it back it seems that the Friday thing may have been last weeks Packet Squirrel announcement, I watched the recorded streams but didn't see anything new pineapple or Krack related)

 

Edited by zoro25
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tonight I had the opportunity to deploy the Tetra during a fun event. I'll be making a video about it this weekend. In a very nerdy way, it was absurdly fun because of this: Turns out to be

It also has built in power amplifiers, so I expect we'll see pretty good range on them.

Do you mean this: http://www.wifipineapple.com/tetra

Posted Images

De-Authentication attack.

Will the Pineapple have any value when everybody uses 802.11w ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11w-2009 ) ? 
The protocol ensures a hash value to all management frames that are sent so a 3 party can not de-authenticate (without having the correct hash value) 

Cisco calls the feature for "Management Frame Protection" (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wlan-security/82196-mfp.html

I also saw that The Wi-Fi Alliance (WFA) has made support of Protected Management Frames (PMF) mandatory to pass 802.11ac or Passpoint also called HotSpot2.0 certifications.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Darren / Team Hak5:

As a long-time Pineapple user - I've been eye-balling some upgrades for some time.  Maybe it's just bad timing - but I swear that every time I check - the Tetra is Sold Out.  Are there production problems, or do they just come in batches, and I've got the misfortune of always missing their arrival?  I've signed up to be notified when they're back in stock... let's see if that helps.

In other news:  This forum / topic seems way to quiet for the latest rev of such a powerful tool.  Perhaps all the real discussion is taking place in more targeted threads - not here in General.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 9/19/2018 at 4:59 PM, SnoWake said:

Darren / Team Hak5:

As a long-time Pineapple user - I've been eye-balling some upgrades for some time.  Maybe it's just bad timing - but I swear that every time I check - the Tetra is Sold Out.  Are there production problems, or do they just come in batches, and I've got the misfortune of always missing their arrival?  I've signed up to be notified when they're back in stock... let's see if that helps.

In other news:  This forum / topic seems way to quiet for the latest rev of such a powerful tool.  Perhaps all the real discussion is taking place in more targeted threads - not here in General.

they were out of tactical tetras when I got mine a week later they were back in stock. but cant just get the tactical without a tetra. dont realy need 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Just received my Tetra in the mail and hooked it up as directed on the Hak5 YouTube video and can't get any clients to connect. I have the Client and SSID Filtering to allow and still cant get a client to connect after deauthing the device.  When I try to connect my phone to the open AP I get the message "Unable to join the network".  I have tried factory resetting several times and to no avail I still can't connect or pick up clients.  What am i doing wrong? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

I have a Blackberry Keyone phone, and I would like to use the android App to control/configure my Tetra. One problem that I have noticed is that the Blackberry will only allow the USB port to be tethered to a device it recognises as a valid USB device., otherwise the 'tether' option on the Blackberry Networks screen is greyed-out. Connecting my phone to numerous other USB devices works well, but the phone does not recognise the Tetra USB interface and so does not allow me to set up USB tethering. This is not a lead problem, as I use the same cables with other devices.

Has anyone found a work-around?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, psae2 said:

I have a Blackberry Keyone phone, and I would like to use the android App to control/configure my Tetra. One problem that I have noticed is that the Blackberry will only allow the USB port to be tethered to a device it recognises as a valid USB device., otherwise the 'tether' option on the Blackberry Networks screen is greyed-out. Connecting my phone to numerous other USB devices works well, but the phone does not recognise the Tetra USB interface and so does not allow me to set up USB tethering. This is not a lead problem, as I use the same cables with other devices.

Has anyone found a work-around?

Not sure about that particular device but not all devices will support it as described in the documentation linked in @Jtyle6 above post.

May require the device to be rooted for successful use.  Also you may try enabling USB debugging to see if that helps with the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just bought the pineappple tetra and cannot get it to connect to the internet. I have tried wifi and cable at different OS's such as Windows 8.1 and 10 also linux mint. I have been looking at all the help files on the net but nothing seems to work. I did get the setup working so everything is set , but as soon as I try to go to the internet it keeps telling me no "internet connection". Can anybody please take my the hand and help me. I really would appreciate that.

Tony

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2020 at 6:52 PM, Tony999 said:

I just bought the pineappple tetra and cannot get it to connect to the internet. I have tried wifi and cable at different OS's such as Windows 8.1 and 10 also linux mint. I have been looking at all the help files on the net but nothing seems to work. I did get the setup working so everything is set , but as soon as I try to go to the internet it keeps telling me no "internet connection". Can anybody please take my the hand and help me. I really would appreciate that.

Tony

 

 

 

How exactly did you try and "go to the internet"?  What steps did you take, from what point of operation?  Did you try Wifi or did you try  a wired connection?

Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for asking I have tried both wired and wifi I followed an instruction from the internet, one with linux and the other with windows 10 exactly as the guy was telling I stopped these transmissions sometimes and copied all the information .

I'm getting in windows " no cable" and "limited connection" in linux it just says "no connection" I have ( pineapple tetra ) reset and started again from the beginning ( just in case I missed something) but the same result. I'm gratefull if you could give me a set of instruction on luinux with all the linux  spelled out so I can copy it into the root directory.

thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I wish I could say that I know how to use it successfully and every attempt at learning I'm finding a whole heap of oudated material online (youtube videos & general web pages). I submitted a ticket for advice. I also bought the book for the Pineapple. I'd ideally just need someone to talk me over what works and what doesn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rarez said:

I wish I could say that I know how to use it successfully and every attempt at learning I'm finding a whole heap of oudated material online (youtube videos & general web pages). I submitted a ticket for advice. I also bought the book for the Pineapple. I'd ideally just need someone to talk me over what works and what doesn't.

What features are you trying to use?  Always helps to post some more direct questions.  It also helps other users answers questions if you post things like:

  • FW version
  • OS of connecting device
  • Way the device is being powered
  • etc, etc,etc
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...