Whistle Master

General TETRA Discussion

Does anyone know anything about that "Friday thing" mentioned in today's Hak5 video? or what I'm guessing is a new PineApple firmware release or at least a new Krack module

****EDIT****  (after watching it back it seems that the Friday thing may have been last weeks Packet Squirrel announcement, I watched the recorded streams but didn't see anything new pineapple or Krack related)

Edited by zoro25

De-Authentication attack.

Will the Pineapple have any value when everybody uses 802.11w ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11w-2009 ) ? 
The protocol ensures a hash value to all management frames that are sent so a 3 party can not de-authenticate (without having the correct hash value) 

Cisco calls the feature for "Management Frame Protection" (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wlan-security/82196-mfp.html

I also saw that The Wi-Fi Alliance (WFA) has made support of Protected Management Frames (PMF) mandatory to pass 802.11ac or Passpoint also called HotSpot2.0 certifications.

Hi,

I am a new user of the Tetra. would someone be able to point me to documentation for setting up a Rouge AP with specific mac address & SSID.

Really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Sumeet

Bottom of the user interfacte. Says ‘help’. Click there.

Darren / Team Hak5:

As a long-time Pineapple user - I've been eye-balling some upgrades for some time.  Maybe it's just bad timing - but I swear that every time I check - the Tetra is Sold Out.  Are there production problems, or do they just come in batches, and I've got the misfortune of always missing their arrival?  I've signed up to be notified when they're back in stock... let's see if that helps.

In other news:  This forum / topic seems way to quiet for the latest rev of such a powerful tool.  Perhaps all the real discussion is taking place in more targeted threads - not here in General.

On 9/19/2018 at 4:59 PM, SnoWake said:

Darren / Team Hak5:

As a long-time Pineapple user - I've been eye-balling some upgrades for some time.  Maybe it's just bad timing - but I swear that every time I check - the Tetra is Sold Out.  Are there production problems, or do they just come in batches, and I've got the misfortune of always missing their arrival?  I've signed up to be notified when they're back in stock... let's see if that helps.

In other news:  This forum / topic seems way to quiet for the latest rev of such a powerful tool.  Perhaps all the real discussion is taking place in more targeted threads - not here in General.

they were out of tactical tetras when I got mine a week later they were back in stock. but cant just get the tactical without a tetra. dont realy need 2

Just received my Tetra in the mail and hooked it up as directed on the Hak5 YouTube video and can't get any clients to connect. I have the Client and SSID Filtering to allow and still cant get a client to connect after deauthing the device.  When I try to connect my phone to the open AP I get the message "Unable to join the network".  I have tried factory resetting several times and to no avail I still can't connect or pick up clients.  What am i doing wrong? 

I have a Blackberry Keyone phone, and I would like to use the android App to control/configure my Tetra. One problem that I have noticed is that the Blackberry will only allow the USB port to be tethered to a device it recognises as a valid USB device., otherwise the 'tether' option on the Blackberry Networks screen is greyed-out. Connecting my phone to numerous other USB devices works well, but the phone does not recognise the Tetra USB interface and so does not allow me to set up USB tethering. This is not a lead problem, as I use the same cables with other devices.

Has anyone found a work-around?

6 hours ago, psae2 said:

I have a Blackberry Keyone phone, and I would like to use the android App to control/configure my Tetra. One problem that I have noticed is that the Blackberry will only allow the USB port to be tethered to a device it recognises as a valid USB device., otherwise the 'tether' option on the Blackberry Networks screen is greyed-out. Connecting my phone to numerous other USB devices works well, but the phone does not recognise the Tetra USB interface and so does not allow me to set up USB tethering. This is not a lead problem, as I use the same cables with other devices.

Has anyone found a work-around?

Not sure about that particular device but not all devices will support it as described in the documentation linked in @Jtyle6 above post.

May require the device to be rooted for successful use.  Also you may try enabling USB debugging to see if that helps with the issue.

i just bought one of these and going to set it up it looks as if someone already set it up

Just now, dude5 said:

i just bought one of these and going to set it up it looks as if someone already set it up

the password and user name are already set up?

Did your unit come new from Hak5 or used from ebay etc? 

The new units are likely tested before being shipped out.  Perhaps that test wasn't cleared on your unit. A simple reset should clear up anything else. 

On 11/2/2017 at 2:57 PM, Thermostaten said:

De-Authentication attack.

Will the Pineapple have any value when everybody uses 802.11w ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11w-2009 ) ? 
The protocol ensures a hash value to all management frames that are sent so a 3 party can not de-authenticate (without having the correct hash value) 

Cisco calls the feature for "Management Frame Protection" (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wlan-security/82196-mfp.html

I also saw that The Wi-Fi Alliance (WFA) has made support of Protected Management Frames (PMF) mandatory to pass 802.11ac or Passpoint also called HotSpot2.0 certifications.

it hardly has any value now, I've spent tens of hours trying to get mine to work correctly, and about an hour total of actual uptime.