General NANO Discussion

Whistle Master

On 1/3/2019 at 8:53 PM, Forkish said:

Amazon has 400GB sd cards for $88. I want to get one, that way I can hold all my recons & logs FOR-EV-VER!!

I'd start with a 128gb and make sure it can read that before going that big. 

On 1/3/2019 at 8:53 PM, Forkish said:

Amazon has 400GB sd cards for $88. I want to get one, that way I can hold all my recons & logs FOR-EV-VER!!

Ya'know ... I literally had the same idea few days ago >.> hmmmmmmmmm .....

6 hours ago, UnLo said:

I'd start with a 128gb and make sure it can read that before going that big. 

Buy one and test it out for us? 😛

• 1 month later...

This may be an extremely noob question, but I just want to verify this before buying one. Can the Pineapple be used simply for scanning for Rogue APs and create logs of said scans? Right now my department is using a beat up laptop running Kali, and if we could just walk around using a Nano and a power pack instead it would make my life far easier when I have to walk through all of our facilities.

@UnLo@Forkish

RE: 400GB microSD card UPDATE ...

So, a 400GB SanDisk microSDXC card will work on the pineapple after formatting it to FAT32. I used the built-in 'Disk' Utility manager on my Linux OS (since Windows cannot format exFAT over 32GB...), inserted it into my nano and reads 366.7GB/393.7GB* --- SUCCESS! 🙂 

I didn't try adding any modules but since my nano reads the 400GB microSDXC, I'll assume that it will add modules and all other data just like having a 16GB microSD card, except with larger space.

IMG_018.jpg

SD.thumb.png.8b4fe4dc42b7f7cc0732ed1713831d54.png

Edited by _0NiTy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@_0nity/

Look at you Pikachu. I like your direction. Side note: How do you mention someones user name like you did?

On 2/12/2019 at 3:13 AM, Just_a_User said:

It can. By using 3rd party tools from github + a little tweaking.

Which tools would you suggest? kismet?

2 hours ago, Forkish said:

Which tools would you suggest? kismet?

@Forkish Yes you could use kismet, Horst, tcpdump etc and look for activity. But the OP wanted a walk around site tool. -  I have only used Pisavar on my tetra and nano to find each other. It did what it said it would do. Also, I like the idea of using a pineapple to run pineapple hunting tool 😄

https://github.com/WiPi-Hunter

To name names in the forum start with the @ then start typing the name and a drop down list below will start suggesting matches.

Edited by Just_a_User
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/11/2019 at 1:24 PM, Magron said:

This may be an extremely noob question, but I just want to verify this before buying one. Can the Pineapple be used simply for scanning for Rogue APs and create logs of said scans? Right now my department is using a beat up laptop running Kali, and if we could just walk around using a Nano and a power pack instead it would make my life far easier when I have to walk through all of our facilities.

Noob here as well but I can tell you there is a native feature on the Nano called Recon which may suit your needs. That being said, enterprise WiFi systems should be doing this task for you.  Much easier to use your existing AP's as a sensor field and let them report the rogues back to you. 

9 minutes ago, SciFi said:

Factory reset provides an opportunity to configure the SSID but I can't seem to find any mechanism which would disable it.

Occasionally i need wlan0 for stuff - I tend to disable management AP and just drop wlan0 into monitor mode after which the open AP is no more. Obviously im not using PineAP while doing this. You can also configure wireless in the /etc/config/wireless IIRC

Edited by Just_a_User
  • Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 11:47 AM, SciFi said:

Noob here as well but I can tell you there is a native feature on the Nano called Recon which may suit your needs. That being said, enterprise WiFi systems should be doing this task for you.  Much easier to use your existing AP's as a sensor field and let them report the rogues back to you. 

We're definitely looking to move towards this, especially for some of our more remote sites. There are certain restrictions in place that we're working against, so in the meantime we're still doing periodic walkthroughs with a laptop.

Hello.

I have a question. There is some way to clean Nano pineaple, I have the Nano pineapple full storage. This is normal or I have cleaner?

Is it posible to configure new installations or updates to storage in sd memory?, What should I do?

Thank you very much for the reply.

9 hours ago, keepeek said:

Yes. I have a sd in wich I stored he modules, but the problem I have is the internal store in Nano is full, can I do something to get some free space in the nano?.

Doing a firmware recovery is possibly faster/easier to do rather than searching for the cause files and cleaning it up. Backup anything you need first then carefully read and try https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010471774-Firmware-Recovery

6 minutes ago, WPA2 said:

They don't ship to the UK and not on amazon sadly. 

well, now you know what to look for you can search for a local supplier, or find someone who uses amazon that can buy it for you. Or sign up 🙂

2 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

well, now you know what to look for you can search for a local supplier, or find someone who uses amazon that can buy it for you. Or sign up 🙂

I use amazon who doesnt lol but the battery you posted isnt on there.