Pineapple, Raspberry, and More!

PuckPuncher870

Hey everyone,

I have the Pineapple Nano, Raspberry Pi2, and the Alfa AWUS 036H. I am wondering if any of you have every done anything cool with these objects or any other hardware that you might recommend. I was thinking of maybe a mobile PineAP, but I am super curious if there is anything exotic or cool I can do with this hardware and possibly any other hardware you guys think. This is meant to be more of a discussion rather than a specific question. Show me what you've got!

--PP3

post-52789-0-01348100-1454979888_thumb.p

• Upvote 1

A key component in our 6th generation plan is a companion device, currently code named the "Pineapple Core", that'll offload certain functions and add enhanced data gathering and analysis capabilities. Think of it as a database engine to an application server.

The Pi2 is formidable hardware for a Kali install and something I'm sure you could easily see some use out of when connected upstream from the WiFi Pineapple. Perhaps something like:

Internet--> AP <--> ALFA <--> Pi2 <--> NANO <--Client

• Upvote 3

Yes! That is what I was thinking as well. I'm pretty sure I could boot Kali on my Pi, but do you know of any other operating systems that may not be so bulky and more suitable for the Pi?

I am really excited to hear about the Pineapple Core as well. Should be an awesome setup!

Darren, great to hear, about the pineapple core project.

I've currently already got a pi2 I'm using as my side workhorse for the nano. my goal was exactly that.

Let the pi take on the majority of the work. The more i can pipe through the better. So far I've got the pi connected to the nano both set to auto ssh to my server so i can control everything on a separate tunnel for now while testing and configuring it all, both connecting separately at the moment. I've noticed the nano not always regain the wlan2 connection after sending a reboot sometimes, so i took the safe road and made sure both have a connection as a failsafe.

So i can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

So far I've got the Pi2 configured with Rasp Debain, with the Kali Rasp repo's of tools installed. i feel that is a little safer if planning on deploying then the Kali Raspberry version.

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty sure I could boot Kali on my Pi, but do you know of any other operating systems that may not be so bulky and more suitable for the Pi?

Kali has a pre-built image for the pi and it runs really well on mine. Just make sure you have a good SD card in there (this really applies to every os you run on pi). You could always just start out with raspbian and just build the tools you need/want into it I guess.

Can't wait to see what gets put into the Pineapple Core, already have money set aside and waiting for it :)

• Upvote 2

thats basically what I did. I've have the Kali distro for the pi. that is what i was originally had been using. then i decided to go a little more robust and just add in the tools i required, as you can just add the tools to the distro and turn it into a kali image. but only taking what i need.

• Upvote 2

I put raspbian on my pi zero and installed aircrack-ng, kismet, wifite, and i think something else. It ran great and i would run it through ssh and didnt have any problems. More processor demanding programs might not work so well but the zero is small and has worked well for me so far

• Upvote 1

This is great. thanks for all your input. I think I am going to try putting Kali on my Pi and if I don't like it, ill just revert back to Raspbien and install the tools manually. Has anyone tried mobile attacks with the pi and the pineapple?

EDIT: Also, what do you guys think of the PwnPi? It was recommended by a friend, but I'm curious if any of yall have tried it and what your thoughts are on it if you have. It looks pretty sweet from the description.

Edited by PuckPuncher870

EDIT: Also, what do you guys think of the PwnPi? It was recommended by a friend, but I'm curious if any of yall have tried it and what your thoughts are on it if you have. It looks pretty sweet from the description.

I played with it a bit, it's nice that it's focused on specifically supporting the Pi hardware and trying to support additional wifi cards. It's worth giving a test drive if you are trying to figure out what to get started with.

I didn't play around with it much so report back if you try that and kali out and what you think either of about them.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is right along the lines of what I'm hoping to accomplish as well but can't seem to get the Raspberry Pi and the Nano working together.

I have a Raspberry Pi 2 running Kali 1.1.1. The Wifi Pineapple Nano is connected via USB but I haven't been able to get Nano to connect the way it does with Windows. Kali continuously tells me eth1 (the Asix connection used by the Nano) is not ready. A few seconds later I get another message stating USB disconnect and then Kali attempts to reconnect the Nano's Asix USB device. During this continuous loop the Nano's blue light flashes.

Is there something I missed? Windows picks up the Nano right away. I can't figure out why the Raspberry Pi doesn't.

One thing I have noticed with the Raspberry pi 2 is that the Nano will not make a full connection when plugged into the PI. Ive tryed plugging in one usb then both usb and nothing just blue light blinking forever. When I plugged the Nano into the PI and the other end of the Y-usb to an external battery, It worked just fine no problems. The Raspberry Pi Zero on the other hand worked just fine with one usb plugged into a 4 port usb hub. I dont know what the difference is, but that might be your problem. The Pi 2 just isnt putting out enough power at the usb ports (even with 2) to make it start up properly. <--- Thats my thoughts on it, I could be wrong, idk what kind of power the Pi2 usb puts out compared to what the nano needs to run. But i do know that the Nano works just fine with 9dbi antenna and a usb wifi dongle running on a 5v 1a 3000mah battery.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-3-on-sale/

Pi3 is out now. bigger, getter and with built in wireless

built in Wifi and faster CPU 1.2Ghz. Also they say the usb power was increased for more powerful usb devices.

I dont know about anybody else but even with the 5V 2.5a wall charger, I have to plug in another battery to the pineapple to get it to work on my Pi2.