nano and windows

nowakster

I've started to follow this video to setup the nano on a winows 7 laptop...

I plug in the nano with the Y adapter (even though I have USB V3.) I wait for the stable blue light and then immediately go to http://172.16.42.1:1471/Page keeps spinning and nothing happens. Sounds like either A) the video is missing a step or B) I am doing something wrong.

I think it's weird that the video isn't appropriately highlighting steps to connect in the windows environment. Things were so smooth with the MKV.

On other notes, I see the Pineapple_7174 in my access point list... I could connect through wifi but I can't follow the same steps in the video. Sounds to me like the USB connection won't allow me to navigate to the admin page...

Could anyone revise the video to accurately reflect setup or help me track down what is buggy with my device?

-Mike

Might wanna try using a USB 2.0 port maybe the NANO and the drivers don't work to well with 3.0 USB.

That's a thought. I can try on another computer and I'll post back on my problems. Is there a driver for the usb connection for Windows 7 I should be downloading?

Yes, from here http://www.asix.com.tw/download.php?sub=driverdetail&PItemID=97

Go to devices and Printers, right click device, click properties, go to the hardware tab, click properties, click change settings in the general tab, now navigate to the driver tab. click update driver, and locate the folder that you extracted with the files and install.

I've used USB 3 with no problems. (With the Y cable) Maybe I just got lucky. When I get home I'll check what drivers it's actually using. Maybe windows downloaded then for me.

I have also used USB 3 with my NANO, Windows Update automatically grabbed the ASIX drivers when I first plugged the device in.

I have also used USB 3 with my NANO, Windows Update automatically grabbed the ASIX drivers when I first plugged the device in.

Same.

Which version of Windows 7 were you using I've noticed that I had issues with getting the Prolific 2303 drivers to install on Windows 7 starter Windows 7 Home and I believe Windows 7 Ultimate I've noticed drivers normally seem to install fine for Windows 7 Pro.

I know the Prolific 2303 drivers are different im just using that as an example that I've had better luck with windows 7 pro when it comes to installing drivers.

I no longer have a Windows 7 machine but i will set one up later today and test it with Windows 7 Pro.

My windows is windows 7 pro

V 6.1.7601 service pack 1 build 7601

X64-based pc

When I updated the driver, things "just worked" as advertised. It's weird... almost like the driver didn't install right from the auto-install on windows.

Normally with USB 3.0 drivers normally are required to be installed by the manufacturer of the motherboard at least all the computers I've built have needed me to install a 3.0 driver I believe microsoft installs all usb 2.0 drivers.

Edited by ZaraByte

Might wanna try using a USB 2.0 port maybe the NANO and the drivers don't work to well with 3.0 USB.

USB 2.0 vs 3.0 won't make a difference in this regard.

Which version of Windows 7 were you using I've noticed that I had issues with getting the Prolific 2303 drivers to install on Windows 7 starter Windows 7 Home and I believe Windows 7 Ultimate I've noticed drivers normally seem to install fine for Windows 7 Pro.

I know the Prolific 2303 drivers are different im just using that as an example that I've had better luck with windows 7 pro when it comes to installing drivers.

I no longer have a Windows 7 machine but i will set one up later today and test it with Windows 7 Pro.

All versions of Windows 7 have access to the same WHQL driver database via Windows update.

My windows is windows 7 pro

V 6.1.7601 service pack 1 build 7601

X64-based pc

When I updated the driver, things "just worked" as advertised. It's weird... almost like the driver didn't install right from the auto-install on windows.

Providing details from USB View on the affected machine would be helpful

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff560019(v=vs.85).aspx

Alternatively the power-shell output of "gwmi Win32_USBControllerDevice " would help as well.

Glad to hear you're up and running!