Ducky does not update inject.bin

Hi everyone,

Seems as though my previous script has somehow embedded itself in the ducky.

For example, I'll write my script, encode it and then copy it to a formatted SD card. I'll pull the SD card from the drive and place it into the duck. From there I place the duck into my usb drive and wait for the script to execute.

This is where things don't make sense.

My previous script was a simple notepad string output with two string lines. It worked flawlessly. However, my new script is a bit more advanced and should include things like command line. However, the script executing is my notepad script and not my new one.

Does anyone have any idea?

I don't want to reflash my ducky again but I will if I have to. I would also like to UNDERSTAND why this happened.

I'm using twin duck firmware (just basic) on a brand new Rubber Ducky.

If it's executing the old script, that means you either didn't copy over the inject.bin file properly, or you didn't create the inject.bin file properly (meaning you created it using the old script, or you accidentally created it in a different location without realizing). If it simply wasn't executing, or started seemingly part-way through, that would mean you need a bigger delay (2000-5000 milliseconds is good).

If it's executing the old script, that means you either didn't copy over the inject.bin file properly, or you didn't create the inject.bin file properly (meaning you created it using the old script, or you accidentally created it in a different location without realizing). If it simply wasn't executing, or started seemingly part-way through, that would mean you need a bigger delay (2000-5000 milliseconds is good).

I wish that were true but it's not. I went to great lengths to ensure that the payload I encoded was the right inject.bin file transferred to the ducky.

I erased and emptied the trash bin as well as formatted the sdcard. I know it's the right inject.bin because when I decode it it has the right script.