Anyone using a Nexus 6p with their Nano wirelessly

Tech_Terry

I can use my Nexus 6p while tethered to my Nano via my phones USB-C port.

What I want to do is use my RALINK RT5370,to provide access to my Nexus 6p over WiFi from my Nano.

I have my Nano powered with my Pineapple Juice 4000. I do not want to use a PHYSICAL connection between the nano and 6p.

I Can't seem to FIGURE out what to do once i SSh to my nano.

any suggestions & is there a way past the Nano trying to force a virtual tethered connection and instead allow a wifi connection.

I am using Android MARSHMALLOW

thanks for any help that you can provide

Hi Terry,

Not sure if you've done this already - set your nexus to become a wifi access point (enable wireless AP, whatever its called) and then goto pineapple network settings, connect to that newly created access point and then just open browser to the pineapple's IP.

Should take nothing more than that.

* Enable internet sharing/hot spot

* Connect to hotspot in network under pineapple network settings

* Open browser and enter IP, user and pass.

I'm doing this same thing on my iPhone (I'll grab a 6P this month!).

Enjoy, if it doesn't work, please reply back and i'll try help some more.

You actually need to find the ip address that your phones AP gives to the nano and then go to chrome and type that in, mine was 192.168.43.27:1471 and it worked great. I tryed to get it working once before but the wlan2 had already connected to my home wifi and always connected to that instead. i reset the pineapple and connected to the Phone AP with wlan2 and boom worked great.

that was with a moto x 2013 and i had to use a different app for wifi tethering because the stock android Hotspot wouldnt show me connected devices to get the IP for the NANO, Im fairly confident that it will work with a nexus 6 as well

Thanks for the response. I will try your suggestions, and report back incase anyone else following.

What I was trying was to go in the other direction... Not setting up a AP on my phone, just using it as a client.

This is possible in theory since it's the same as what happens when you use the wp6.sh script in Linux to share an Internet connection with the NANO over WiFi -- but the problem you'll likely run into is that a non-rooted phone doesn't have iptables. You'll likely need a new rom entirely.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just connect to the AP that you setup during the initial setup of the NANO and then go to chrome or firefox or whatever browser you use and type 172.16.42.1:1471 and it should bring up the webui. If it doesn't then your not connected to the NANO's management AP or you dont have enough power to the nano which i highly doubt would be the problem, unless you have a bunch of modules set to start on boot.

On 2/5/2016 at 10:36 PM, b0N3z said:

You actually need to find the ip address that your phones AP gives to the nano and then go to chrome and type that in, mine was 192.168.43.27:1471 and it worked great. I tryed to get it working once before but the wlan2 had already connected to my home wifi and always connected to that instead. i reset the pineapple and connected to the Phone AP with wlan2 and boom worked great.

that was with a moto x 2013 and i had to use a different app for wifi tethering because the stock android Hotspot wouldnt show me connected devices to get the IP for the NANO, Im fairly confident that it will work with a nexus 6 as well

Fun Fact, hate or love them sprint now has static ip option for when you are on 4g/3g (cause that was a smart idea)