How to add and configure third WiFi using a USB Dongle

Tech_Terry

So im just curious it appears you need a external wireless card for cracking I assumed you could use one of the radios on the NANO to Capture with Site Survey apparently you can't use either one of the wireless cards on the NANO?

Because I was curious to see how the NANO would do on capturing my handshake on my network but I noticed that the Capture button is not clickable so I assume that can only be used with a external card?

You can use wlan1 to capture handshakes. You may need to enable monitor mode first.

If you wish to run the full pineap suite / modules using the monitor radio, AND use wireless clientmode, you'll require a third radio.

Apart from that you should be all good unless there is an issue with the third party module.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Last week I got my very first Nano tactical package and wanted to use the 3rd radio with the RALink RT5370 and cannot for the life of me figure out how to use it.  I'm a noob for sure but it isn't showing up anywhere in any of the logs.  Are there any basic instructions out there on how to get started with it and debug it if there are problems?  

Much appreciated!!

@Tiberius go to the Networking tab and you can connect it to a wifi with internet to give the pineapple internet, like your home router or what have you.  I use mine for wifi tethering with my phone for mobile.  You can make a wifi hotspot on your device and then connect the nano's 3rd radio, the rt5370, to that ap and control the pineapple from the ip given to it by your phone.  if you have android an app called Hotspot Manager will help you determine the Ip of the pineapple and then you login to that IP, so like mine is 192.168.43.88:1471.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 10/26/2019 at 2:30 PM, Jarwolf said:

i cant get my site survey to get handshakes...

You want to post your issue here for more users to see it in the correct thread: 

More detail on you issue would be helpful as well.  Like the lab setup you are trying capture in.  Several factors effect handshake captures.

Archived