VPN with Nano

MrStack

I have a VPN setup on my linux machine. My NANO connects with eth1 everytime with 172.16.42.240 and I just go to my browser and enter 172.16.42.1:1471 and it connects no problem. That is running wired or wireless connection for me. I also use a vpn on my mac and run a Linux mint VM, which i have the NANO setup to connect to automatically and it connects the same way, no problems.

Edited by b0N3z

Hey guys, I got an OpenVPN client working on the Nano super easily. The command is

opkg update && opkg install openvpn-openssl --dest sd

Anyway once I have it connected I cannot ping (or connect in any other way) the nano from my computer (the OpenVPN server) but I can do the reverse.

I have temporarily disabled ALL iptables rules and set the chain defaults to ACCEPT and still nothing.

I'd like to say I'm decent at figuring out iptables but I can't work with the zone_wan_input and zone_lan_input, etc chains but I'm assuming that's not the problem because I deleted all of them (temporarily).

This is also an issue on the Turtle for me.

I have not tried setting the Nano or Turtle as default gateways on my server because I'm not using openvpn-as (access server), just plain old openvpn command line community edition so I'm not sure how to do that and can't find anything on google on how to do that.

Here are my current iptables rules on the openvpn server:

ip=`curl -sS -4 http://icanhazip.com`
iptables -A FORWARD -s 10.8.0.0/24 -d 10.8.0.0/24 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 10.8.0.0/24 -o eth0 -j SNAT --to $ip

It'd be great if anybody had some insight on a solution, thanks in advance!

Thanks Darren!

I tried forwarding LAN to WAN in /etc/config/firewall but it made no difference.

I want to do what you're doing in the video but using OpenVPN community edition instead of access server but there is absolutely no information on how add a client as a gateway anywhere I can find, do you know how?

Thanks Darren!

I tried forwarding LAN to WAN in /etc/config/firewall but it made no difference.

I want to do what you're doing in the video but using OpenVPN community edition instead of access server but there is absolutely no information on how add a client as a gateway anywhere I can find, do you know how?

Make sure you allow routing both ways between src and dst.

As for client gateway is community edition - no I never found this, hence using AS. :-/