[Official] Portal Auth

sud0nick

1 hour ago, jtedits said:

@sud0nick  I've installed your latest version from git, but the dependency install doesn't function. Without this dependency the Clone Portal option doesn't appear. 

"status.help
Clone Portal
Only visible when a captive portal is detected. Clicking this will bring up the options menu for cloning the captive portal. 

Dependencies
The only dependency required is curl. "

Any thoughts on this issue?

Make sure you chmod everything to 755.  SSH into the Pineapple, cd to /pineapple/modules/ and execute:

chmod 755 -R PortalAuth/

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried the permissions modification and still no go@sud0nick  I've installed your latest version from git, but the dependency install doesn't function. Without this dependency the Clone Portal option doesn't appear. 

"status.help
Clone Portal
Only visible when a captive portal is detected. Clicking this will bring up the options menu for cloning the captive portal. 

Dependencies
The only dependency required is curl. "

Any thoughts on this issue?

Still not working.  Any other ideas?

@jtedits I just downloaded the latest from my GitHub and moved it to my /pineapple/modules/ directory.  After changing the permissions everything works as expected.  The only time the dependency install button doesn't work is when there's a permissions issue preventing the script from being executed on the backend.  Try removing the module from your Pineapple, re-installing, and make sure you run the chmod command above exactly as it is from the /pineapple/modules/ directory.

• 2 weeks later...

I havent yet seen anything here about this error...i updated portal auth to the latest 1.8 fixed the install dependency button not working issue but now i get this error when i try to clone.

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/portalclone.py", line 25, in cloner.cloneResources() File "/pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/PortalCloner.py", line 156, in cloneResources stylesheet = parser.parse_stylesheet(style.string) File "/pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/libs/tinycss/css21.py", line 395, in parse_stylesheet tokens = tokenize_grouped(css_unicode) File "/pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/libs/tinycss/tokenizer.py", line 202, in tokenize_grouped return regroup(tokenize_flat(css_source, ignore_comments)) File "/pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/libs/tinycss/tokenizer.py", line 48, in tokenize_flat source_len = len(css_source) TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

On 8/24/2018 at 7:43 PM, sud0nick said:

@jayiod105, @plubowicz, and @Att3mp7ed-R3c()n if you completely delete the module from your Pineapple and download the latest from my GitHub you will not have this problem.  This is an issue in the current version on the module manager and I have not had time to fix all of the merge conflicts from the pull request to the main repo.  This is why the latest from my GitHub is not available in Hak5's repo yet.

I downloaded it from your github and chmod everything to 755 and still the same prob as the guy above me.

@Mr.Spektor & @z-woh the problem of "TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()" is not an issue with the module's files.  It is a problem with the parsing of whatever site you are cloning.  I can look into handling this exception so it throws a warning instead of failing hard but it will be a while as I don't have the time at the moment.

2 hours ago, sud0nick said:

@Mr.Spektor & @z-woh the problem of "TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()" is not an issue with the module's files.  It is a problem with the parsing of whatever site you are cloning.  I can look into handling this exception so it throws a warning instead of failing hard but it will be a while as I don't have the time at the moment.

Do take your time, a good program is not rushed, I guess big name sites like twitter have good security against it?

Not much to find out, i turn on my nano or tetra scan for wifi have a client connect then stare at it till i get bored, with hsts and browsers becoming more secure and modules hardly working because of technology changing and security you really dont see any real use for this anymore. Now back then it was powerful since internet security was shitty but hitting 2019 all you can do is scan for wifi.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lbrown13 said:

When cloning a portal with Portal Auth, I get an error. I check the log and it only says "killed"

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

I haven't seen that before.  Feel free to PM me more information such as the site you're trying to clone, options you've entered, etc.

Hey im pretty new to this community and just have a couple questions regarding to the use of portal auth. first it seems to be kind of inconsistent when it comes to actually creating the portal just wondering if this is normal? sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes it gives me an error but still creates it. second when i create some of the portals using the Harvester option sometimes when the user clicks continue to submit info nothing happens, just wondering what the fix to this would be. and also just wondering if this module works better through the gui or the cli via ssh. thanks in advance

On 11/30/2018 at 3:06 PM, sud0nick said:

I haven't seen that before.  Feel free to PM me more information such as the site you're trying to clone, options you've entered, etc.

Thanks. I just haven't had time to revisit this. Hopefully, I will have time over the next couple of weeks. 

• 3 weeks later...

@sud0nick I've gotten an error which doesn't seem to have been discussed yet. I was able to resolve my missing TinyCSS error through your three command steps and attempted again. However I received this error. Any help is appreciated 😉

clone_error_22_02_34.txt

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/portalclone.py", line 25, in cloner.cloneResources() File "/sd/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/PortalCloner.py", line 164, in cloneResources resourceURLs.append([rul.uri, fname]) NameError: global name 'rul' is not defined

11 minutes ago, omgsami1 said:

@sud0nick I've gotten an error which doesn't seem to have been discussed yet. I was able to resolve my missing TinyCSS error through your three command steps and attempted again. However I received this error. Any help is appreciated 😉

clone_error_22_02_34.txt

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/portalclone.py", line 25, in cloner.cloneResources() File "/sd/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/PortalCloner.py", line 164, in cloneResources resourceURLs.append([rul.uri, fname]) NameError: global name 'rul' is not defined

I've just attempted again with another website and it worked.

However, I'm unsure why my first one didn't, here's the link if you wanted to test (pretty much the Australian version of the Starbucks website you covered in your tutorial).

https://www.starbucks.com.au/Starbucks-WiFi.php

@omgsami1 wow, there's a typo in PortalCloner.py that I'm honestly surprised hasn't been caught before.  'rul.uri' should be 'rule.uri'.  I'll fix it in the next release which I should be able to get to this week since I finally have some down time.  Thanks for pointing it out!

If you want to fix it before the next release is out you can find the file at /pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/PortalCloner.py on your pineapple.

I've pushed v1.9 to my GitHub and submitted a PR to the wifipineapple-modules repo.  There are still some merge conflicts that need to be worked out from my fork to the main repo but once those are resolved it should be available on the module manager.

Just installed this using git. After clicking the "Install Dependencies" button, and then under Settings, clicking the "Use Default", I get the address of "https://portalauth.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/cptest.html" and I  do NOT get the expected "Clone Portal" button. If however if I change the address to something else like "https://www.starbucks.com" I do get the "Clone Portal" button. Even "https://starbucks.com" results in getting the button.

14 hours ago, CuChulaind said:

Just installed this using git. After clicking the "Install Dependencies" button, and then under Settings, clicking the "Use Default", I get the address of "https://portalauth.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/cptest.html" and I  do NOT get the expected "Clone Portal" button. If however if I change the address to something else like "https://www.starbucks.com" I do get the "Clone Portal" button. Even "https://starbucks.com" results in getting the button.

Yeah that's how it's supposed to work.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @sud0nick I installed PortalAuth from your github and imported manually into the modules section. The portal Auth was visible post that and I tried using a URL. This fails saying there is more in a log but a log file is never created. I checked the log folder on that link and it seems to be empty

root@Pineapple:/sd/modules/PortalAuth/includes/logs# pwd

/sd/modules/PortalAuth/includes/logs

root@Pineapple:/sd/modules/PortalAuth/includes/logs# ls

root@Pineapple:/sd/modules/PortalAuth/includes/logs# 

I dont see anything on the GUI as well under errors

another time it did give an error file but its blank

root@Pineapple:/sd/modules/PortalAuth/includes/changelog# cd ../logs/

clone_error_00_54_02.txt

root@Pineapple:/sd/modules/PortalAuth/includes/logs# cat clone_error_00_54_02.txt 

root@Pineapple:/sd/modules/PortalAuth/includes/logs# cat clone_error_00_54_02.txt 

root@Pineapple:/sd/modules/PortalAuth/includes/logs# 

I had faced the tinycss issue before but I am not sure whats wrong now

Have you seen this before?

Thanks

Archived