[Official] Portal Auth

sud0nick

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ran into the same problem today. Here is how I fixed it:

First ssh into pineapple using ssh root@172.16.42.1

Then you have to install the full version of python on the pineapple by using the command: 'opkg install python' (By default python-light is installed)

Now you can install pip: 'opkg install python-pip'

finally you install tinycss with 'pip install tinycss'

The whole process could take a while but it worked for me! This is a useful article for a beginner to the gui: https://blog.inspired-sec.com/archive/2017/01/10/cloning-captive-portals.html

Hope this was helpful!

Hi

I'm running on firmware version 2.2 (waiting for 2.3). But i have a problem when i want to clone a site using portal auth, it fails with an error saying that i don't have tinycss installed. This i where the problems start. I have tried to follow the quide Zylla have made, but no succes :-( I'm kinda new to wifi pinapple, so is there anyone out there who can give me a guide for dummies, so i can get this module installed.

Thanks

I have tried this

I ran into the same problem today. Here is how I fixed it:

First ssh into pineapple using ssh root@172.16.42.1

Then you have to install the full version of python on the pineapple by using the command: 'opkg install python' (By default python-light is installed)

Now you can install pip: 'opkg install python-pip'

finally you install tinycss with 'pip install tinycss'

The whole process could take a while but it worked for me! This is a useful article for a beginner to the gui: https://blog.inspired-sec.com/archive/2017/01/10/cloning-captive-portals.html

Hope this was helpful!

But it just fill up the storage on the device

On 7/29/2018 at 4:19 AM, sud0nick said:

I'm confused by that error.  Did you happen to paste the commands into the portalclone.py script?  That's not where they belong.  Just copy and paste them into an SSH session on the Pineapple to move the tinycss module into the proper location.  Then when the portalclone.py script runs it will know where to find it.

If you pull down the module from GitHub as it currently is you should not get any errors with regard to tinycss.

HI Sud0nick,

Apologies for the delay. I am not 100% sure how to run that via SSH session, but that is why I was getting the error.

Hi

I found the solution for the tinycss problem ?

The is no need for further downloads, tinycss is included in the portal auth package, but there is a small error regarding where files is located.

Check (page 7) for solution

Regards

Hello Sud0nick,

I was looking through this thread to see If I could find a solution to the issue I am receiving. I am geting the same error message as those listed above me.

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/portalclone.py", line 4, in from PortalCloner import PortalCloner File "/sd/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/PortalCloner.py", line 18, in import tinycss ImportError: No module named tinycss

I have completed your manual fix above and the error persists. I verified the tinycss folder was in the correct  location and I even attempted to manually alter the python script PortalCloner.py to point to the location of the tinycss module to no avail.

I will take another stab at it tomorrow, but any suggestions you have would be appreciated. 

Pineapple Nano

Firmware (Current version: 2.3.2)

Same same here on Tetra 2.3.1 -photo attached. After you start the clone process, progress is definitely made based on time it takes and progress feel, then it borks out and throws this. Workaround steps nogo. 

Thanks very much!

C23E7582-C4C3-486B-8618-036B3E4474DC.jpeg

I spoke too soon. I'm back in business on the Tetra, code 2.3.1 after running these at command line:

mv /pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/libs/tinycss /pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/libs/tinycss-old
mv /pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/libs/tinycss-old/tinycss/ /pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/libs/tinycss
rm -rf /pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/libs/tinycss-old/

Worked like a champ actually. It's pretty freakin' scary how good this module works, which of course is part of the value of the Pineapple.

@jayiod105, @plubowicz, and @Att3mp7ed-R3c()n if you completely delete the module from your Pineapple and download the latest from my GitHub you will not have this problem.  This is an issue in the current version on the module manager and I have not had time to fix all of the merge conflicts from the pull request to the main repo.  This is why the latest from my GitHub is not available in Hak5's repo yet.

Hello,

I was trying to use portal auth, however, I always got 403 forbidden so I pulled down the package from Sud0nick's git hub onto my wifi pineapple. When I click on the module I have to install dependencies. After a while, the pineapple wifi logo stops and dependencies have not been installed. I checked the system logs and saw these entries:

Sat Aug 25 14:25:31 2018 user.info kernel: [    7.360000] block: attempting to load /tmp/jffs_cfg/upper/etc/config/fstab
Sat Aug 25 14:25:31 2018 user.info kernel: [    7.370000] block: extroot: not configured
Sat Aug 25 14:25:31 2018 user.info kernel: [    7.380000] mount_root: switching to jffs2 overlay

Can anyone help me please?

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2018 at 11:03 PM, sud0nick said:

@EnduringSix and @bigk1441 I found the problem.  It seems I didn't unpack the module properly in the version that I pushed to GitHub.  I'll fix it and resubmit tonight.  Here's some commands to fix the problem since I'm not sure when the update will be pulled into the main repo.  Just SSH into your Pineapple and copy and paste the following lines to fix the issue.

mv /pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/libs/tinycss /pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/libs/tinycss-old
mv /pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/libs/tinycss-old/tinycss/ /pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/libs/tinycss

Edit: pull-request has been submitted.

Hey man, this did the trick! SSHd into the pineapple, copy and pasted the code, then rebooted for good measure. The module works like a charm now.

Thank you so much! I appreciate all the work you do!

• 3 weeks later...

I also gets this error when trying to clone a website:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/portalclone.py", line 4, in from PortalCloner import PortalCloner File "/sd/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/PortalCloner.py", line 18, in import tinycss ImportError: No module named tinycss

Is there any way to fix this ? I can see others having the same problem.

I use Portal Auth version 1.7

1 hour ago, SP2005 said:

I also gets this error when trying to clone a website:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/pineapple/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/portalclone.py", line 4, in from PortalCloner import PortalCloner File "/sd/modules/PortalAuth/includes/scripts/PortalCloner.py", line 18, in import tinycss ImportError: No module named tinycss

Is there any way to fix this ? I can see others having the same problem.

I use Portal Auth version 1.7

Please read the previous posts in this thread to see the fix.

On 7/27/2018 at 5:03 AM, sud0nick said:

@EnduringSix and @bigk1441 I found the problem.  It seems I didn't unpack the module properly in the version that I pushed to GitHub.  I'll fix it and resubmit tonight.  Here's some commands to fix the problem since I'm not sure when the update will be pulled into the main repo.  Just SSH into your Pineapple and copy and paste the following lines to fix the issue.

Edit: pull-request has been submitted.

I just tried this, but it did not help fix my problem. It seems to be pretty easy to do - just ssh into the NANO and the copy the 3 lines into the session and reboot. But I still got the same problem.

On 11/2/2018 at 4:51 AM, SP2005 said:

I just tried this, but it did not help fix my problem. It seems to be pretty easy to do - just ssh into the NANO and the copy the 3 lines into the session and reboot. But I still got the same problem.

No need to reboot.  All it's doing is moving some files around.  If you can't get that to work you can just download the latest from my GitHub.  Make sure you delete the module from your Pineapple first before installing the new one.

https://github.com/sud0nick/PortalAuth

12 hours ago, sud0nick said:

No need to reboot.  All it's doing is moving some files around.  If you can't get that to work you can just download the latest from my GitHub.  Make sure you delete the module from your Pineapple first before installing the new one.

https://github.com/sud0nick/PortalAuth

Thank.

I have never tried to add modules from Github, but I'll see if I can find out how to do it.

@sud0nick  I've installed your latest version from git, but the dependency install doesn't function. Without this dependency the Clone Portal option doesn't appear. 

"status.help
Clone Portal
Only visible when a captive portal is detected. Clicking this will bring up the options menu for cloning the captive portal. 

Dependencies
The only dependency required is curl. "

Any thoughts on this issue?

Archived