Hak5 Forums
sud0nick

[Official] Portal Auth

@SystemCrash86 Can you be more specific in which errors you're seeing on which device?  The reason I ask is because I'm guessing that you're seeing the following error on your NANO and not your TETRA:

No such file or directory: '/root/portals/cadi-library/resources/css_N3lSPYU_3cCSLBOPiPtwtv2IajQX03IWQTo5LiHk10.css'

This normally comes up when your device runs out of space.  You see the above error because the CSS files are first downloaded and then parsed to download any resources referenced within them so when the script tries to open the CSS file for reading it can't find it and a crash occurs.  All other files are parsed while in memory and then saved to disk (which is why it's possible to get a "Portal Cloned Successfully" message even when your device runs out of space and nothing is actually saved).  If you're on a NANO I recommend saving portals to /sd/portals.  If you don't see them show up in Evil Portal then you need to create a symlink:

ln -s /root/portals /sd/portals

The root partition is far too small to save a cloned site so you'll almost always come across this error if you aren't storing them on the SD card.  If you're having trouble on your TETRA please post more details about the site you're trying to clone, the settings you use, and the error you get.  The more information I have the easier it will be to troubleshoot.  Right now I'm able to clone sites and I don't receive any errors so it's hard for me to fix something I don't see as broken.

@m0nk666 I'm glad you figured it out.  Whenever there is a new release be sure to read both the change log and the help buttons around the module to see what's been added.

Hi @sud0nick

I tried what you said and at first i still got nothing so i decided to preform another Firmware Recovery and start completely from scratch. I have factory reset the devive many times with the same result which lead me to making the post in the first place.

I must have had a corrupted file or something because after a complete firmware restart i was able to do exactly what you said and so far i have no issues.

Thanks for all your help i really appreciated it.

So glad i am able to use such a great tool, please keep up the great work

Hi SudoNick

How to create this

:

If you don't see them show up in Evil Portal then you need to create a symlink:

ln -s /root/portals /sd/portals ?

so Far i have only successfully cloned www.google.com, no luck on other websites like starbucks, mcdonalds and facebook. How to solve that sir?

I have been trying to create a symlink like u said, but even i m root ssh into pineapple, i still get this Operations not permitted.

help anyone? thanks sir

update. I have reformatted my sd card from FAT32 to EXT4 because symlink only works with EXT4 linux file system.

now i can run ln -s /root/portals /sd/portals

but now another problem

still evil portal cant seem to see the cloned pages and when i ssh into pineapple it shows this

[email protected]:/sd/portals# ls

mcd1     portals

it creats another portals folder in sd/portals

so i tried copy mcd1 into sd/portals/portals it shows up in evil portal but that means the cloned page is in root and filled up the nano space and defeat the purpose.

please help. thanks sir

Posted (edited)

@sudovader you need to create a symlink to /sd/portals in place of the /root/portals directory.  If you don't know how to do this I suggest you Google it to learn about symlinks.

Edited by sud0nick