[Official] Papers

sud0nick

Works just fine for me.  I tested on the NANO (latest firmware), removed the module and reinstalled from the module manager onto the SD card.  Everything came right up.

What browser and OS are you using?  If you SSH into the NANO and run

ls -l /sd/modules/Papers/

what do you see?  It should look like this:

drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Feb 10 00:21 api
drwxr-xr-x   11 root     root          4096 Feb 10 00:21 includes
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Feb 10 00:21 js
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         16476 Sep 13 01:47 module.html
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           147 Sep 13 01:12 module.info

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, sud0nick said:

Works just fine for me.  I tested on the NANO (latest firmware), removed the module and reinstalled from the module manager onto the SD card.  Everything came right up.

What browser and OS are you using?  If you SSH into the NANO and run

I tried it again a couple of times to both the SD card and the internal and I got nothing.  When I right clicked on it and open link in new page it goes to the papers page but it is just blank.  I will have to try and ssh into it tonight but I am using a Safari browser with OSX Yosemeti.

Thanks sud0nick.  That was the issue it works allows me to do everything in firefox.  There is one issue though that I am having and I don't know if it is me or the module.  Anytime I check the modify certificate info box and attempt to put information in there it will generate the .pem file but not the .cer file which then prevents me from using that certificate on the pineapple.  Is there any way to correct this?  Thanks again for the great module.

@sud0nick  I had the same problem on my nano havent tried it on the tetra.  Same thing is added cert info it would only create .pem so I just never added any info.  I had watched your video a couple times thinking what did I do wrong.  Module was installed on the sd.

2 hours ago, b0N3z said:

@sud0nick  I had the same problem on my nano havent tried it on the tetra.  Same thing is added cert info it would only create .pem so I just never added any info.  I had watched your video a couple times thinking what did I do wrong.  Module was installed on the sd.

Again, I need to see screenshots or a video.  I've tested this on both the Tetra and the Nano and can't reproduce the problem.

It seems to be working fine now haven't used it in a while so you might have updated the module since I last used it and was experiencing that

@sud0nick Just reset the Tetra and installed Papers and Modified Cert Info and only got a .pem

EDIT: Entering USA for Country instead of US or JP or whatever country, It builds without a .crt. I'm assuming because that is not the proper format for the crt info. Changing to US and then building the keys created the .crt and .pem.

5 hours ago, sud0nick said:

@BoNeZ yeah that's a requirement of OpenSSL and not a limitation of Papers.

Thats what I figured out after I posted that and did some more research.  Im guessing that is what others are experiencing when modify the info.  

• 4 months later...

I love this module but I have a question.  I am attempting to change the encrypted listening port from 1471.  I create the certificates and then go to the nginx.conf file and change the listening port.  It works fine but the module does tell me that ssl is not configured properly in the ngingx.conf file.  Is there a way to fix this?

On 7/20/2017 at 11:32 PM, Rainman_34 said:

I love this module but I have a question.  I am attempting to change the encrypted listening port from 1471.  I create the certificates and then go to the nginx.conf file and change the listening port.  It works fine but the module does tell me that ssl is not configured properly in the ngingx.conf file.  Is there a way to fix this?

I was able to fix this.  There are a few scripts in the includes/scripts folder that need changed to the port you want things to change to.  I do have another question though.  Because of my changes to the main CSS I can't see the buttons next to certificates unless I scroll over them.  Is there a special CSS file I need to edit for this or do I need to give them another class and add that to the main CSS file?

@Rainman_34 currently the module determines if certificates are configured in the nginx.conf file by looking for port 1471.  In the future I may add a setting that allows you to define a different port number but I don't have an ETA on that.

As for your CSS issue, I can't really help because I'm not sure what changes you've made to the main CSS.  The module doesn't have a dedicated CSS file; the little CSS that is used is inline in module.html.

On 7/30/2017 at 7:47 PM, sud0nick said:

@Rainman_34 currently the module determines if certificates are configured in the nginx.conf file by looking for port 1471.  In the future I may add a setting that allows you to define a different port number but I don't have an ETA on that.

As for your CSS issue, I can't really help because I'm not sure what changes you've made to the main CSS.  The module doesn't have a dedicated CSS file; the little CSS that is used is inline in module.html.

Thanks I appreicate it.  I was able to find the scripts which required changing of the 1471 and was able to do that.  As for the CSS as I looked through it didn't look like any of the your coding required a special CSS and was most likely due to changes I made to the main CSS but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.  I appreciate the help and thanks for the great module.

On 8/1/2017 at 0:02 PM, Rainman_34 said:

Thanks I appreicate it.  I was able to find the scripts which required changing of the 1471 and was able to do that.

I've been looking for a way to change that also. Would you mind sharing the source or point me in a good direction?

On 8/6/2017 at 11:53 AM, Spoonish said:

I've been looking for a way to change that also. Would you mind sharing the source or point me in a good direction?

I am currently away from my pineapple but when I get a chance I will get on it and get you the exact scripts I changed.  There are a few places you need to change 1471 to whatever port you want to use.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Version 1.5 is available on GitHub and will soon be available in the module manager.  Here is the changelog:

- Added option to include SANs in certificates
- Changed key output from .pem to .key
- Added default Certificate Info if none is included in the build request
- Fixed a bug where the Certificate Info fields remained after switching to SSH key build mode

With this latest release you won't be able to simply import your old keys if you exported them because the filenames for keys are now .key instead of .pem.  What you should do is first SSH into the Pineapple, cd to /pineapple/modules/Papers/includes/ssl and ../ssh to rename all .pem files to .key files.  Once you've done this, copy everything within the ssl and ssh directories to another location on the Pineapple (outside of the module).  After you update the module move the keys/certs back into the ssl and ssh directories.

I'm having issues in here too. Dependencies not installing. i assume its not installing to sd. and after building my first keys to get https, i get: An error occurred.  Check the logs for details.

logs show up but nothing is written in them.

EDIT: can't delete post. its fixed i needed a factory reset

• 5 months later...

Hello all, 

My issue may only be with my Pineapple, within the papers module I have created two keys, both of which intended to be used with CursedScreech, I created one encrypted TLS/SSL key and another TLS/SSL key that was not encrypted, the issue is that I cant seem to download either of them, Im using chrome to access the GUI but ive tried downloading the keys from Chrome, IE, Edge, and firefox and none of which seem to download. Perhaps Ive misconfigured something. If anyone can provide some help or a solution. Please do 

Thank you

Archived