[Official] Papers

sud0nick

Papers allows you to easily create and manage certificates generated by OpenSSL. Features include:

• Building TLS/SSL certificates for web and applications.
  • Exporting certificates to PKCS#12 containers.
  • Encrypting certificates.
  • Automatic configuration of Nginx for secure interaction with the Pineapple web interface.
  • Error logs for easy troubleshooting.

QDsofS0.png

Once the ngx_http_ssl_module is available on the NANO this module should be ready for release.

Here is a video tutorial of Papers

Here is a video tutorial with new features:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Good news! If you have a TETRA you can use the Pineapple SSL feature now! On the NANO you will have to wait until the next firmware release. I'll be submitting the module to Seb anyway since the TETRA firmware already has the ngx_http_ssl_module.

Papers is now available in the Module Manager. If you downloaded it from my GitHub repo a while back I recommend you delete it and download via the manager. You can download any certificates you created and just place them back in /pineapple/modules/Papers/includes/ssl/ or .../ssh/.

• 4 weeks later...

When the nano was first released, I was trying to configure SSL with it and I actually ended up bricking it because it didn't had nginx's SSL support yet.
I just wanna say thank you for creating this. it made it way lot easier and time saving.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

v1.1 is now available in the Module Manager.

Edit: I also goofed and didn't change 1.0 to 1.1 in module.info so after the update Module Manager will still show the update button. Fixed. v1.2 submitted to Module Manager :happy:

• 3 months later...

Hey buddy, just wanted to let you know that for some reason your module, won't install from module-manager.
I had to clone the repo and add it manually to the Tetra.

Cheers! 

(That issue is only on the Tetra)

EDIT: Can't install the dependencies either :(

Thanks, ale!  I've resubmitted to the module manager and everything should be fine once it's approved.

As for installing depends, since you cloned the repo and manually installed it make sure you chmod everything so it can be used through the web interface.

chmod -R 755 Papers/

12 hours ago, ale said:

Hey buddy, just wanted to let you know that for some reason your module, wouldn't install from module-manager.
I had to clone the repo and add it manually to the Tetra.

Cheers! 

(That issue is only on the Tetra)

EDIT: Can't install the dependencies either :(

Do "ls /pineapple/modules/" on your TETRA. See if there is any files like "module.html, module.info" and folders like "api" and "js".

Double edit: If there IS, please tell us because, it indicates someones module has been packaged incorrectly, and that should be fixed :)

See that directory labeled "pineapple"?  That shouldn't be there.  It's because I packaged the files incorrectly but I've fixed the archive and pushed an update.  Now we just have to wait for approval.  Or you could just go back to the version from my repo.  It's the same thing.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I was attempting to mess with this earlier in January and when I download the module to my sd card and then go to modules and click on papers nothing happens.  I deleted it and downloaded it again but clicking on the link for the papers module does nothing.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Archived